XVI - Making A Move

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

​​**Long Chapter Ahead**

 

It was a well-spent weekend for Yuri. Having the time with her mom and enjoying all the long talks she missed, she was able to breathe the way she wanted. There's no substitute for the peace she experienced even for a short time.

After having breakfast with her mom, Yuri left, going back to the penthouse. She's happy enough to see Taeyeon and Sooyoung there waiting for her.

 

"I'm glad you already told her, Bud." Taeyeon said as she walked to the living room from the terrace and sat next to Yuri.

Yuri nods then smiles at her. 

"So, your plan?" Sooyoung asked who's sitting across from them on an apple box.

"I don't know." Yuri answered shortly then sighed. She still doesn't know what to do. Her mom may have already enlightened her about the things that have been confusing her mind, but it's hard when you're actually deciding on what to do next.

"Bud, I think you just need to get used to seeing her again. I mean, like Mina Eomma said, if ever she asks you out, just go. If she ever wants to meet you somewhere or let's say, meet her at her office or shop, then go for it. It's not as if you're getting back together the moment you say yes to her."

"Taeng is right. Don't avoid her. I know you can't either, Yul." Sooyoung tagged on.

"What if it happens every single time I see her?" Yuri asked worriedly. "What if you weren't there? What if it's just me and her?"

Her friends couldn't answer. They forgot to think about that.

The three of them sighed deeply.

"Maybe.." Yuri's eyes are pinned on the table. "Maybe I'll take your advice. I'll try to get used to seeing her. Maybe that'll help. I guess that's my choice for now."

Sooyoung and Taeyeon nodded.

"Yes Bud, let's try that."

"Will you be okay later at the café?" Sooyoung asked.

Yuri nods then smiles at her. "Of course Soo! What could go wrong?"

 

The café isn't packed as it is past lunchtime already. Since Yuri has been doing her regular shift lately, the fans somehow got used to it already. They would still come in groups at times but not mob her anymore. The adrenaline rush from the fans has calmed down. She's still being asked for selfies and autographs but she'd give in to their requests if it is not too demanding of her work. At times, she's doing it in between breaks.

Yuri came in a cheerful mood as always greeting her workmates and the customers. She'd joke around making them all laugh. She'd usually sing with Seohyun and Bo-gum. Kyung-pyo is always the mascot of their group. He would join them in a dorky dance as usual making the people around him laugh more.

"Unnie, I'll just take a break, will you be okay?" Seohyun asked, standing next to Yuri who's cleaning up the table.

"Yeap, go ahead." Yuri answered then smiled.

They both walk towards the counter while Seohyun is taking off her apron.

"Don't worry Unnie, I'll just take ten."

Yuri looked at her, nodded, and smiled with approval.

 

While waiting for the next customer, Yuri quickly cleans up the bar counter and mops the floor of that area. She also fills up the new cups, straws, and stirrers on the rack.

 

"Hi!" A woman greeted her. Yuri didn't see the woman instantly since her back was on the counter.

Hearing the voice of the woman made her stop what she's doing. She knew who it was. She'll never go wrong with that voice. Her body starts to feel numb again and her heart starts beating fast.

Pull yourself together Yul. She thought.

The customers are starting to give their sweet reactions when Yuri turns to the woman. They are being photographed by every person seated and standing at the café.

"Jess." She calls.

"Hi... Lo--love."

Your smile is beautiful as always. Yuri thought. "Wh--what ca-can I get you?"

"The usual, please. Iced Americano and The Famous grilled ham and cheese sandwich."

Yuri nods then starts operating the POS. She's trying so hard to calm herself. As much as she wanted to make eye contact with her just like every customer she talks to, she just really can't. She would bite and wet her lips a few times. Sweat starts to form on her forehead, but, thanks to their uniformed baseball cap, the woman in front of her won't see it.

Jessica handed Yuri her card and that's when she noticed the hand that's receiving is shaking.

"Are you okay?" Jessica didn't hesitate and held Yuri's hand in between hers. "Your hand is shaking."

The touch made Yuri feel electrified inside her. A current from their hands straight to her heart made her skip a heartbeat. She couldn't breathe properly.

She forced a smile then nodded. She promptly pulls her hand and finishes inputting the order on the machine.

"Are those," Yuri took a deep breath. "Are those for here or to go?" Still looking at the POS monitor.

"For--for here." Jessica looks at her with worry. She knew that she's the reason behind Yuri's uncomfortable feelings. She noticed from the shoot to the diner and now. 

Yuri hands her back the card and receipt then takes a cup and writes the order on it. "Just take the reserved table on the corner, I'll serve you your drink."

"Thank you." Jessica answered shortly then went to the solo round table on the end corner of the café by the window. The table is usually reserved for Tiffany whenever she does the paperwork for the café. It somehow has its privacy, thanks to the brick wall in front of it that blocks the view of the entire café except for the counter.

Jessica continues to stare at Yuri as the woman starts doing her routine on the bar counter. She wanted to talk to her so bad, but she's trying to control herself. She's thankful enough to see Yuri and breathing the same air as hers.

One step at a time Unnie. Irene once said. Just make her get used to seeing you again then we'll see.

 

"Unnie, what's wrong?" Seohyun noticed the moment she went back after her break. Yuri's breathing heavily as both her hands are shaking and pressed on the bar counter making the tips of her fingers turn white.

Yuri couldn't answer.

Seohyun starts to caress her back trying to calm her down. She looks at the cup and sees Jessica's name on it. She looks around and sees the woman on the corner talking to someone over the phone.

"It's fine Unnie. I'll do it myself. Why don't you take a break?"

Yuri nods rapidly as she continues to breathe heavily. Just in time, Kyung-pyo arrived to save her place.

"Kyung-pyo Oppa, take the counter first, I'll be right back. I'll just take Yuri Unnie to the locker's room."

"Noona, are you okay?" Kyung-pyo asked.

"She's not feeling well today." Seohyun answered for Yuri.

 

Seohyun lets her sit on the chair and gives her bottled water. Yuri quickly drank it empty.

"Unnie, if you need to go, it's fine. We can manage." Seohyun said while she's kneeling in front of Yuri whose head is up resting on the wall catching her breath. "Do you want me to call Sooyoung Unnie?"

Yuri shakes her head. "Go, go back to work. I'll stay here in the meantime and I'll call Tiffany later. Thanks, Seo. Don't worry about me."

"Okay, Unnie. Just rest." Seohyun pats her shoulder then goes back to the counter.

Yuri was left there trying her best to calm herself. It's happening again and no one from her gang is around. But this is what she chose to happen. Get herself used to seeing Jessica again. This is what her mom also suggested to her. Let Jessica do her thing. Besides, she's here as a customer. She didn't even ask her if they could talk about whatever. So, Why does she feel the same? Why does she always experience this hell every time she sees her?

When will this ever stop? She thought as both her hands cover her face, her elbows supporting the weight on her thighs. God! I hate this feeling so much!

 

"Don't worry Irene, I'll be there. I just want to stay for a while so I can see her." Jessica said to Irene who's on the other line.

"Ms. Jung, you can have a day-off today if you want. I'll make arrangements for your schedule."

"No need, I just really want to see her. I don't want to disturb her while working. For sure she'll get distracted seeing me stay here her whole shift. That's not necessary."

"Okay. I'll just move your meeting to dinner time instead? Will that be okay?"

"Yes. Sounds good."

"Okay, I'll see you later Ms. Jung."

"Thanks Irene."

She ends the call and flips down her phone on the table. She looks outside the window, drowned in her thoughts about Yuri and their relationship. She didn't want to cause discomfort to her. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter