XII - She's Back

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Long chapter ahead**

 

 

 

"You sure you can?" Sooyoung asked, seeing Yuri putting on her shoes.

"Of course Soo. I'm excited to mix coffee again!" Yuri answered cheerfully. She got her coat and both of them went out.

Sooyoung drove Yuri to the café. She was surprised by how happy Yuri looked. She puts on a party playlist as they ride and Yuri sings along with the songs.

"You really are excited." Sooyoung comments.

Yuri nods. "Yeap! Though, I'm a little nervous too. Seohyun told me that they have new drinks and I have to learn them quickly."

"For sure they'll help you."

"Of course. But still, I have to do the work properly too. I can't pester them."

Sooyoung stayed at the café as Yuri and Seohyun prepared for everything. The girl is always early for work. She was never late. Always an hour and a half early before the café opens. Sooyoung observes Seohyun as she teaches Yuri how to make the new drinks. And she's happy to see how thrilled Yuri is doing this again. As expected, she catches up too quickly.

 

"Don't worry Unnie, I'll help you with the new drinks later if there'll be a lot of orders." Seohyun said as she put down the tray on the table with cups of coffee and some pastries on the plates.

"I know. Thanks, Seo!" Yuri responded with a smile and started to sip her coffee.

"What time are you leaving Soo?" Yuri asked.

"After we eat, I'll leave. I have to meet the coordinator to finalize some details."

Yuri nods. "Okay."

"I'll pick you up later okay?"

"Yes, manager!" Yuri answered and saluted her like a soldier. The three of them chuckled. "You better not be late. Mom's expecting me to be there on time."

Sooyoung hummed in response as she chewed a piece of Chicken Fajita.

"You're doing part-time tonight Unnie?" Seohyun asked.

Yuri nods after taking a sip from her cup. "You know my mom, I can't lose to her. She told me that if I'm going back here, I should start working there too."

Both Seohyun and Sooyoung chuckled. "As expected from Mina Eomma." Sooyoung said.

"What time is Sef arriving?"

Seohyun sips from her cup. "Probably around 11, Unnie. She needed to meet the new supplier."

"Okay." Yuri answered shortly.

 

Sooyoung left after Yuri and Seohyun finished cleaning up. Kyung-Pyo arrived 15 minutes before the opening of the cafe and got excited to work after seeing Yuri. At first, there were only a few customers who dined there and made take-out orders. But as soon as photos of Yuri serving at the cafe went viral online, the cafe was packed even before lunchtime. They had to call Sooyoung back with Yuri's bodyguards to help them guard the shop. They were forced to close the door as the people couldn't fit inside anymore. The people didn't care about the cold weather as they all lined up outside waiting for their turn.

Tiffany was shocked when she arrived at the cafe. They all didn't talk and just focused on doing their job. Se-Kyung and Bo-gum came earlier than their scheduled shift to help. They didn't mind. All of them are just happy enough to work with Yuri again.

The supplies quickly started to run out so Tiffany decided to close the shop even if it's just four in the afternoon. And to somehow make up for the customers who weren't able to get inside, Yuri went out to personally apologize and greeted them. The people were all just fond of her. They already forgot that they stood there outside and waited for hours. It's always the Yuri effect.

 

The Brewed called it a day as soon as they all closed the blinds of the windows. They all gathered on the long table without their aprons and just enjoying the hot coffee Se-Kyung prepared.

"Yul, you okay?" Sooyoung asked as she sat next to Yuri.

Yuri took a deep breath and smiled. "Kaja!!!" She shouted and made all of them laugh. "I didn't expect that. But I'm okay. Would love to do it again tomorrow."

"You really missed it Unnie." Seohyun said.

"Super. While I was in LA, I'd always spend my free time going to different cafes for coffee until I got tired, so I bought a huge coffee machine. Almost as big as what we have here. It was so good!"

"I saw the pictures of the latte art you posted Noona," Kyung-Pyo said after sipping from his cup. "They all looked amazing. You've been practicing too hard."

"Well, I had a lot of time. I didn't want to waste it." Yuri answered.

"Well, you were great earlier, as expected." Tiffany compliments with a smile. "The new drinks didn't confuse you. Very pro. Way to go Yul!"

"Thanks Boss! And all thanks to Seohyun-ah. She really took time earlier to help me." Yuri responded by giving Seohyun finger hearts.

"You're always welcome Unnie." Seohyun smiled back at her.

 

As they all enjoyed their cup of coffee, a woman stood by the door and Se-Kyung was first to notice her.

"Oh," Se-Kyung points at the door. "That's Ms. Krystal Jung right?"

All of them looked at the door. Yuri stood up and walked to the door and opened it.

"Yuri." Krystal calls after seeing Yuri. She hugged her and the woman hugged back.

Yuri guided her to their table and everyone greeted her. Tiffany asked Se-Kyung to make her coffee too.

 

"I've been trying to call you since I got here. I took the next flight after you." Krystal said after she sipped from her coffee. They're both on a separate table a few meters away from The Brewed's.

Yuri smiled a little. "You really didn't have to, Soojung but thanks. It's really good to see you."

"I almost followed you in Jeju when I saw your pictures online. They're posted everywhere. Your fans were surely happy to see you."

Yuri nods. "Yeah. Well, I just needed to breathe, you know? It was a short vacation but I enjoyed it."

Krystal smiled in relief. "I'm glad you had time for yourself."

She is certainly happy that Yuri's back. She didn't forget anything that she told her sister in their confrontation before she left. Now that she was able to talk to Yuri, it somehow gave her hope that she's got a chance to do something to make Yuri feel good. To be there for her. To make her feel appreciated that her sister never did. To simply be a friend.

She is hesitant to ask Yuri about Jessica. She wondered if the two already saw each other. Did Jessica already make a move to reach Yuri? Were they able to talk about everything? Are they okay now or just decided to really call it off?

She hasn't talked to her sister since that day. Though she knows that her sister's already in Seoul, she never visited her in her apartment or even at work. Her disappointment is too strong for her to not give in to Jessica.

 

"I just really dropped by to see you. When I found out that you were serving here earlier I thought I should visit you." Krystal said as she finished her coffee. "I still have a schedule for tonight so, I better get going."

"Of course. Thanks, Soojung. Really, thanks for coming over." Yuri smiled and both of them stood up.

Krystal bids goodbye to The Brewed and Sooyoung. All of them knew what happened a year ago. The Brewed got almost harassed by the press too as they always receive invitations for an interview. There were times when the reporters would act as regular customers but ended up asking them about Yuri and Krystal.

"Yuri," Krystal turned to face Yuri. "just wondering if maybe we could go out?" Krystal asked hesitantly. "You know... Just a simple dinner just like the old times."

Yuri smiled and nodded. "Sure. If I ever have free time. Guess we can go out."

Krystal smiled back, feeling thankful for her answer.

"I'll see you soon Yuri. Take care."

Yuri walked her to the door and waited there until Krystal got inside the car.

 

"Noona, where's Sica Noona by the way?" Bo-gum asked. They all looked at Yuri who was surprised by the question. Both her brows raised and half-open. Since she came back, the only time she heard the name was when Mina Eomma asked about her on her first night in Seoul. And after that, she got too busy with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter