XXVI - It's Still You

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Whhhhhooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!" Taeyeon screamed with all her might then took a deep breath. Her lips formed a smile as her arm clung onto Heize's waist. The woman then pecks her head then they both stare at a far distant view.

Yuri then joins them with Sunny, Hyoyeon. They're all in their warm clothes standing on the shore of Santa Monica Pier. They took a moment just relishing the view and the cool breeze that grazes their skin. They're thankful enough that there are only a few people strolling around. After Yuri won the Best Actress award from one of the biggest award-giving bodies in Hollywood, she has earned more international fans from around the world. Even so, the security team headed by Siwon is still at their designated posts securing the area.

It's been a week since the awards night and since then, her schedule has been packed every single day. This is the only time they get to rest and somehow enjoy a short vacation before heading back to Seoul.

"Wow, Bud! Just wow!" Taeyeon couldn't stop feeling in awe looking at the view of the sun that is about to set any time now. "I don't even know why I never visited this place whenever I'm here in LA. Such a waste."

"It's fine Bud, at least we all get to be here together." Yuri answered, giving Taeyeon a few pats on her back.

"Waaahhh... Look at that couple! Still can't stop taking pictures together." Hyoyeon said as she shook her head and clicked her tongue. "Yah! Sooyoung-ah! Come over here! Stop taking pictures! You're not getting any beautiful!"

All of them then laughed. Sooyoung, from afar, stood there with Kyung-ho glaring at Hyoyeon.

Yuri suddenly looks back when a man calls her.

"Oh my God! David!" Yuri ran towards the man then gave him a hug.

"Yuri! It's been great to see you again."

"How have you been?"

"I feel great." They both shared a smile at each other.

"Let's go meet my friends." Yuri says as they walk towards her friends. Hyoyeon calls Sooyoung and Kyung-ho. The couple ran to them.

"Everybody, this is the cab driver I told you about. This is David."

"Hi Everyone. Annyeong Haseyo!" David struggles to greet them in Korean but they felt good seeing the effort of the man.

"Yeesss!!!" Taeyeon yelled, then all of them gave a bow.

Yuri introduced each of them to him. A moment after, they went to a pub to enjoy the night with drinks.

"God Yuri! You didn't even tell me that you were a big shot that time!" David says after drinking from his beer glass. "My daughter even cursed me after seeing the polaroid picture of us you gave at the airport. Dad what the ?! You didn't know who that was?! Oh my!" He scratches her forehead while Yuri and her friends keep on laughing.

"And now this, Yuri? You're everywhere in LA! Congratulations!" David yells as he raises his glass then all of them follow for a toast.

They all enjoyed a few rounds of drink but made sure that was just enough to still feel sober.

All of them went to the same Starbucks branch that David took Yuri the last time she was in LA. David insisted on treating them each to a cup of coffee that they all enjoyed. Yuri took another polaroid picture with him again and with the group. It was a well-spent night for all of them.

 

"Bud," Taeyeon joins Yuri at the terrace of her room enjoying the night city view of Hollywood. "can you imagine how crazy the chances are for you two?"

"Chances?" Yuri asked in curiosity.

"I mean, you're here in LA and she's not. When you were in Seoul, she was here. When you arrived in Japan, it was her flight back to Seoul. And even that ing Fashion Week in Paris."

Yuri chuckles remembering what happened that time.

"I mean, you guys are in one venue, same day, though different shows and not a glimpse? Seriously?"

Yuri took a deep breath. "Bud, that's why we say, if it's not meant to be, then it's not. That's it. It's that simple."

"Still Bud. I don't know why time is ing on you." Taeyeon sounded frustrated.

Yuri pats her shoulder. "Bud, c'mon don't take it seriously. I'm okay now. And I hope she is too."

 

Arriving at Incheon airport was chaotic. The place was crowded with hundreds of media people from around the world trying to get close to Yuri for even a short interview. Holding the trophy in her hand as she walks to the exit with her friends and whole team guarded by almost 50 security staff, Yuri can only wave to them and shout her gratitude to all the people who waited for her, especially her fans.

Her schedule for the whole week was packed as expected. Interviews and guest appearances from every single news and entertainment show didn't tire her too much. She enjoyed it even though most of the questions were repeated, she still answered them enthusiastically.

 

Finally, a week-long vacation for Yuri.

"Yul," Sooyoung calls looking at Yuri who's smoking on the terrace. Yul pressed the cigarette on the tray beside her then blew the last smoke from .

"Yes?" She looks at Sooyoung who's standing by the glass door frame.

"I received a call from your fandom," Sooyoung joins her resting both arms on the railings. "and they're hoping to celebrate with you through a fan meeting  the day before your birthday."

Yuri smiled and nodded. "Sounds great! Let's do it. That from the Mandus?" She rests an arm on the railings as she faces Sooyoung.

"No Yul. From Royal Shippers."

"Really? Wow! Even more exciting!"

"What if she's gonna be there? Will you be okay? I mean, just saying."

Yuri was just looking at her as she talked. The smile never leaves her lips.

"I'm okay with that Soo. I mean, if she's really gonna be there then, maybe that's the chance that we all have been waiting for." Yuri took a deep breath then rested both her arms on the railings. "At least Taeyeon won't feel frustrated how time ed us both by the time it happens. Besides, it's been almost three years now since your wedding. I'll be fine seeing her. I guess I have prepared myself enough."

"It's that why you never checked up on her after my wedding?"

"I had to. You know how weak I am when it comes to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter