VI - Ride Home

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Yuri's out of the VIP parking lot, she walks hurriedly to nowhere until she finds an alley. She rests her back on the wall. Her mind starts to process everything that happened and as it absorbs every detail, she starts to cry, hard and loud. With both hands covering her face, she loses the balance that made her back slide down. Hugging her knees, her chest is pounding, eyes drowned in tears, Yuri lets out the cries of her wounded heart.

With the busy streets of Hollywood, no one can hear her but herself alone and the tall brick walls around her.

 

While her entire body's shaking from within and her hands looking as if they couldn't grip on anything, she was able to take out her phone from her pocket and called the first person on her list, Taeyeon.

Taeyeon answered on the first ring.

"Yul! What the ?! How can you do that?! What were you thinking?!" Madness manifested in Taeyeon's voice.

Yuri couldn't answer in an instant as she continued to sob. Taeyeon on the other hand calmed herself as she heard her best friend's cries.

"I'm sorry Yul. Okay? I'm so sorry. What's happening? Where are you?"

Yuri continues to cry with her hand covering her eyes.

"Bud, just calm down okay? Where are you?" Taeyeon asked worriedly.

Yuri is still not talking.

"You know what Yul, I'll book a flight tomorrow. Okay? I'll be there so stop cryi---"

"Make it stop --- Tae.. make it stop." Yuri cries as if she's a child asking her parents to stop hitting her. She is in so much pain.

"Calm down Yul." Taeyeon's voice starts to shake. Their connection as friends is as strong as twin sisters. Taeyeon doesn't usually cry over something. But with Yuri, the woman feels no shame in sharing and showing her true emotions.

"I can't take it anymore Tae... Help me please!" Yuri cries harder. Having a hard time catching her breath, Yuri couldn't do anything with her uncontrollable feelings. She had suppressed it the whole time she's there, now that she already snapped, it came out just like a pandora's box.

"I will Yul, don't worry. I want to know if you're okay. Please calm yourself. Please Yul.' Taeyeon said, sounding anxious. With the tone of her voice, Taeyeon is probably walking around at a repetitive pace while her hand is on her waist.

Yuri tries to calm herself. She wipes her tears but they are endless.

Taeyeon could hear her sniffing and just breathing calmer now.

"That's right Yul. Okay, talk to me, where are you?'

Yuri shook her head then she covers her eyes with her hand. "I -- I don't know. I- I just want to go home."

"Okay. Where did you park your car? Have your keys?"

"I don't. Tae I want to go home!" Yuri wipes off her tears.

"Okay, Yul. You're going home. Just calm yourself first then take a cab going home."

"No Tae. I want to see you! I want to see mom!" Yuri yelled as she pounds her knee with her fist. "I want to go home! Book me a flight!"

"Alright Yul, calm down. Okay. Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I can't stay here any longer. Please Taeng! I beg you. Take me out of here, please!"

"Don't worry. I'll take care of everything. Okay? Just calm yourself and don't do anything..."

"Yes, Tae. Just get me home please?" Yuri weeps like a seven-year-old child who was left alone in the street. "Book me the earliest flight available."

"I will Bud. I'll get you home. I promise."

"I can't breathe Tae... I can't hold it any longer."

"It's okay, Yul. Just please update me. And I'll call you once everything's set."

"Okay, thanks Bud. I'll see you soon." Yuri answers as she sniffs and her hand wipes away her tears.

"Yes, I'll see you soon. I can't wait."

Yuri ended the call. She stayed there for a moment trying to compose herself. She rested her head on the wall behind her while her hands were on her knees. Her face is expressionless but her tears continue to fall.

And as soon as she felt that her body had calmed down, she stood up and walked towards the main road.

A giant electronic billboard caught her attention. There, flashing is a picture of Jessica for a product endorsement. Suddenly, tears wet her face again. She looked at the street and took the cab that stopped in front of her. Yuri cries again as if she's back to square one.

The driver noticed what she's been up to so he didn't bother Yuri and started to drive.

 

With her head down and a hand covering her eyes, tears continued to wet her face, and moments after, Taeyeon called.

"Taeng?"

"Bud, I already booked you a flight. Later at 4 in the afternoon LA time. I'll email you your flight details, okay?"

"Thank you..." Yuri breaks down again. "thank you Taeng."

"No problem. I got you. Where are you right now?"

"I--I'm in a cab right now." Yuri wipes off her tears and looks out through the window.

"Okay... Where are you going?"

"I don't know."

Taeyeon sighed. "Alright. Just take it easy and update me please?"

"I will. Thanks again, Bud."

"You're welcome. Take care and I'll see you soon."

When the call ended, Yuri stared at her wallpaper that reminded her more of the pain she's been through the whole year. The loneliness, the emptiness, the feeling of looking like a fool. She lets out the pain with more tears and heavy breathing.

The driver looks at her through the mirror. He's been driving Yuri around the city for more than an hour now. He is worried but he couldn't say anything.

 

Another round driving along the highways, Yuri has calmed dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter