III - For You

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's room is a mess so Yuri offered hers so the styling team could set up. Jessica is almost done dolling up when Yuri enters. She's wearing an all-black suit and leather tassel loafers with a black mandarin collar shirt inside. Her long hair is exhibited with volumes and bangs. She stood by the door staring at the most beautiful person she loves so dearly with a long-stemmed white rose in her hand and a box.

When the stylist and other staff noticed her, they greeted her then left the room leaving her with her lover alone.

"Nervous?" Yuri asked while smiling.

"Not really." Jessica answered, looking at herself in the mirror.

Yuri walked towards her and stood behind her.

"You're so beautiful, Love." Yuri said while looking at the reflection of Jessica. The woman's eyes met hers and Jessica showed a little smile. Jessica's wearing an all-white outfit. From her turtleneck sweater, with the embroidered text of 'Blanc & Eclare' in pastel violet in the middle, coat, trousers, and white boots.

"Thanks." Jessica said. "Let's go. We can't be late."

When she stood up, Yuri blocked her way.

"Please, just let me have this moment with you," Yuri said with a longing stare. "I just-- I just want to be the first person to congratulate you Love. You did well. And you deserve everything that's good and will make you happy. And I'm so proud of you. This is for you." Yuri handed the rose to her. Jessica looked at it and didn't say anything.

"And this one." Yuri then gave the black box she's holding.

"Thanks Yuri. I'll open this later."

"You're welcome, Love." Yuri went for a hug but the woman didn't reciprocate the gesture. "Congratulations Love. I love you." She whispered.

"Let's go." Yuri said after she released the hug. She offered her arm for Jessica to cling on it. Jessica left the box and the rose on the table.

 

The cold weather was forgotten after they received warm welcomes from the media people, guests, and fans who are waiting outside.

Jessica had a photo opportunity moment with her sister, Krystal who wears almost the same as hers. It only differs from the inside shirt since Krystal is wearing a pastel purple turtleneck sweater with a white B&E logo embroidered in the middle and the rest is all-white.

Yuri and Jessica looked like the perfect couple sharing big smiles at the photo opportunity moment. Yuri's hand on her woman's waist and Jessica's hand on her back. There was an instance where Yuri successfully intertwined their fingers making the people cheered loudly for them.

 

"Should I kiss you?" Yuri whispered in Jessica's ear in the middle of hundreds of flash lighting them.

"Are you out of your mind?" Jessica asked in a ventriloquial manner.

"Everyone will love it." Yuri continues to whisper.  "You need strong publicity Love, after the launch. I'll do it for you."

Jessica didn't like the idea but she knows Yuri's right. Why not take advantage of the attention they have from people who love them.

"Fine." Jessica said while smiling back at the cameras.

Yuri left for a moment gesturing her hands as if giving way to Jessica to have a solo moment there.

The media continues to take pictures of her. With her undistracted eyes, Jessica continues to look at each and every camera in front of her.

"Ms. Yuri," Irene whispered. "It's time. We need to go inside now."

Yuri nodded, then walked towards her woman. She grabbed her by the waist and her other hand touched Jessica's face. Yuri pressed her lips against Jessica, taking everything in. Making sure that Jessica would feel how much she misses her and how much she loves her. Still love her. Jessica puts her hands on Yuri's shoulders so it won't look awkward.

The fans cheered the loudest. The shutter of the cameras went loud too. With hundreds or maybe even a thousand flash lighting them, they're definitely going to be the headlines tomorrow.

Krystal didn't feel surprised since she already expected something like this to happen for publicity. It's not new to her. However, she feels so disappointed in Yuri for doing it.

Yuri was on the verge of breaking down after the kiss. Staring at her woman, she's been wanting to do that all this time. She knows that Jessica only allowed it for publicity but for her it was real.

"I love you." She said,

Jessica just looks at her not knowing what to do or to say. She doesn't need to, she thought. But why does she feel as if she needed to say it back?

Yuri fixed her posture then faced the media again. With the last waves of their hands, she held Jessica's hand then walked towards the shop.

 

With all the people Jessica needed to entertain, Yuri's always next to her. She never left. She'd give water to Jessica, assisting her from stepping up or down based on the interior structure of the shop. She would wipe the forming sweat on Jessica's forehead with her handkerchief. With never ending hellos to the newcomers, Jessica surely is starting to get tired. Yuri offered her arm and Jessica clung to it to support her tired body while walking around.

Krystal stood there talking to some guests and reporters but never taking off a glance at the couple, at Yuri.

 

Until an unexpected guest came. Her ex-boyfriend, Tyler.

"Jess, Congratulations!" Tyler greeted her with a hug. "Hi, Yuri, good to see you."

Yuri gave him a handshake.

"This is it huh?!" Tyler compliments.

"Yes. Definitely happening." Jessica answered while smiling. "Thanks for coming, Ty."

"Of course I can't miss this." They both smiled at each other. 

Suddenly a few photographers went to them and started taking pictures.

Yuri was left out of the frame as it is more interesting to see ex-lovers supporting each other. She stood on the corner watching the former couple.

Jessica and Tyler ended their relationship with clear closure and without bad blood. After all, they were friends for so long. Yuri knows that there's nothing more than being friends between them.

 

The time passed and Jessica already forgot about Yuri. Yuri just observed there, drinking, answering a few questions from some reporters, and would wave back to her fans from time to time. Jessica continues to be busy walking around meeting the guests but this time with Tyler.

"Ms. Kwon Yuri." A girl greeted her and offered a handshake. "I'm Seolhyun of Vogue Korea. Nice to finally meet you."

"Oh, hi. Nice meeting you." Yuri happily obliged then smiled.

"I'm a fan of yours and Ms. Jung's, truly an honor meeting you both." Seolhyun said sincerely.

"Aww. Thank you so much." Yuri said as she put her hand on her chest. "I appreciate that. Please call me Yuri."

"I wouldn't ask for a selfie but can you at least have this picture of yours signed?" Seolhyun gets a picture from her planner. It was Yuri's photo with her.

"Oh, when was this taken?" Yuri said after feeling surprised seeing the photo.

"It was after you filmed your drama in Busan. This was at the University." Seolhyun suddenly felt shy as she gently scratched her forehead. "I actually waited from six in the morning. I didn't even attend my class that time." The girl chuckled.

"Ya! Why did you do that?" Yuri let out a laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter