II - Let's Not Fight

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning Love!" Yuri greets Jessica in a cheerful tone upon entering the room, Jessica's office room. She is busy working at home on a Saturday morning. Her eyes are pinned on the monitor checking every detail they need for the launching which is happening in a week. She looked back at Yuri and gave a nod then her eyes focused on the monitor again.

Yuri was hesitant to get near Jessica. Afraid that her woman would get mad at her. Not minding having second thoughts, Yuri slowly walks towards her. 

"Love, breakfast is ready. Let's go eat?" Yuri asks as she reaches the back of Jessica's office chair.

"I'm not hungry." Jessica plainly answered. "Go ahead." 

Yuri felt the need to go but she just couldn't. Every day is a new day for her to keep her hopes up that maybe today her woman will join her.

"But Love, you were up since five and all you had were two cups of coffee. You know that's not go--"

"Yuri!" Yuri was cut off when Jessica shouted her name. Looking at her with brows furrowed, breathing through her nose. Jessica is surely pissed off. Yuri was surprised, leaving half-open trying to control her breathing. Suddenly tears are starting to fill Yuri's eyes.

"I'm sor..." Yuri stuttered.

Jessica felt how much her simple action affected Yuri so, she tried to calm herself.

"Yuri, I said I'm not hungry." Jessica said calmly.

Yuri quickly wipes off the tears that fell on her face. Surely, Jessica saw that but pretended she didn't.

"Sorry Love. I-- I'm just worried about you."

"Don't be. I'm okay." Jessica turns her head again to face her monitor.

Not today, Yuri. Maybe tomorrow. As always, Yuri's daily mantra. Fight...ting.

When Jessica heard the door close she suddenly felt suffocated. She turns off her monitor and pushes aside the keyboard. Arranged all the folders and papers in front of her and stared blankly at the window behind the computer screen.

Until when Jessica? She thought.

Jessica has been trying her best not to give in to Yuri's efforts because she's not a loser. She's not needy. She's not desperate. Yuri made a mistake so if she wants her back she needs to pay for it. And yes, Yuri's been paying for that for almost a year now, so really, until when Jessica?

Jessica became lost in her thoughts about Yuri, about their relationship and her business. 

 

"Krystal?" Yuri saw Krystal enter the house when she reached the last step of the stairs. "Hi." Yuri greeted her with a smile.

"Hi Unnie." Krystal answered, smiling back at Yuri.

"Does your sister know you're coming today?" Yuri said as she walked towards the dining table and Krystal followed her.

"Well, I sent her a message when I arrived. Guess she hasn't read it." Krystal said. Stopping in front of the dining table, her hands rest on the backrest of the chair. She was surprised to see how pleasant the look of the food on the table was. It is as if you're in a famous breakfast restaurant. From the table setting to the garnish of the food.

"You prepared all these?" She asked while smiling with amusement.

Yuri hummed in response and tried to smile.

"Wow. As expected, Chef Yul." They both smiled at each other.

"Where's Unnie by the way?" Krystal asked.

"She's in her office, busy working." Yuri answered and then sat down on the chair.

"I see. I guess I'll just have to wait for her to come down." Krystal smiled and started to turn but Yuri stopped her.

"Hey, have you eaten?"

Krystal looked back at Yuri and shook her head.

"Join me." Yuri said with a hopeful expression.

Krystal was surprised by the sudden gesture. Of course, she'd love to join Yuri. Of course, she'd want to taste the food Yuri cooked because it's been a while since the time she tasted it. Of course, she wants to sit across Yuri so she can stare at Yuri's admirable physique. Of course, she wants to spend time with Yuri. Things haven't changed for Krystal. It's still Yuri.

"You sure?" Krystal asked.

"Please. I've been eating all alone ever since," Yuri chuckled to somehow avoid sounding seriously hurt by her statement. "so, since you're here, give me company instead. You know, make yourself useful." Yuri smiled.

Krystal, on the other hand, felt like her heart was starting to crush and her blood was starting to boil. She couldn't believe that until now, Her sister hadn't forgiven Yuri. And Yuri has suffered way too much. She shook her head out of disappointment then sat in front of Yuri.

"Enjoy your food." Yuri smiled then started eating.

"Thanks, Unnie." Krystal took a moment to just stare at the person she wishes to have in her life.

You don't deserve this Yuri. She told herself. Why can't you see me? You love her so much that you're so willing to be this low just to get her back. You deserve more than this. You deserve someone better than her. She starts to eat, savoring the taste of every food Yuri has prepared.

Yuri opened a conversation between them. Asking Krystal basic questions about how she's been. They talked about the projects that she's doing and the ones that are still in talks. Krystal also said that Yuri's fans miss her so much. That she's been mentioned in every Korean news and showbiz program for her comeback. Yuri didn't entertain the thought that much and just brought back the topic of Krystal's whereabouts.

 

Just as they finished their meal, Jessica's already walking towards the dining area.

"You're here." Jessica said in a cold tone. It is never pleasing in her eyes to see her sister and her lover together. Yuri looks at her then stands up. Piling up a few dirty plates then walks towards the sink. Krystal stood up then walked towards her sister and gave her a hug. Jessica didn't react to the gesture.

"Yes, I texted you as soon as I arrived but you didn't reply." Krystal said calmly. Looking at her sister in front of her, Jessica's looking at Yuri. She can only see the back of Yuri since the latter is busy washing the dirty dishes.

"I just saw it now." Jessica looks at Krystal. "Where are your things?" She asked. "I'll have the guest room ready for you."

"No need Unnie. I'm staying in Pendry, so I'm all good." Krystal said, giving her sister a reassuring smile. "I just really dropped by to see you since you didn't reply earlier."

Jessica nodded. She gave another glance at Yuri who's still busy packing up the leftovers and cleaning the dining table.

"Are you tired?" She asked Krystal.

"Not really. I'm okay. Why?"

"Okay. Come with me to B&E so you can choose your clothes for the launch. Let's have lunch together."

Krystal nodded. She then looks at Yuri who just finished all the kitchen work.

"Yuri Unnie!" Yuri looks at Krystal as she hangs her apron then fixes her shirt.

"You should come with us." Krystal said that made Jessica glare at her.

"Well, if it's okay with Jes--"

Yuri was cut off suddenly after Jessica interrupted.

"Yuri is always busy doing a lot of things. I'm sure she's busy today."

Yuri couldn't say anything and just nodded.

"Jess is right. Just enjoy your day. You two." Yuri smiles with disappointment then walks towards them.

"I'll go ahead now." Yuri went up leaving the sisters in awkward silence.

 

It's almost lunchtime and the sisters haven't left the house yet. Yuri stayed in her room and never left.

Alone in the living room, Krystal got bored watching TV and using her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter