V - Missing

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With no place to go in mind, Yuri walked around the city. She couldn't feel how cold it was outside. Or maybe her body got used to it as she endures it every single time she walks in her free time.

Until she reached Es bar. An exclusive go-to bar of VIPs and celebrities. A place that can guarantee the privacy of guests from paparazzi and press people. Both Jessica and Yuri have passes to this place but they never really tried visiting it. Their membership was given for free by the bar owner who happens to be a family friend of the Jungs and a fan of Yuri.

Yuri went straight to the bar counter. She took off her coat and hung it on the backrest of her bar stool.

"Good evening Ms. Yuri. What can I get you?" The bartender asked.

"You--you know me?" Yuri asked in surprise.

"Yes, Ma'am. You are an expected guest."

"I see. Is this place really exclusive? I mean, no one will find me here unless, a member too?"

"Yes ma'am, I can guarantee you that. You can get wasted here and you won't be in the news tomorrow." The bartender answered and smiled.

Yuri nodded. "Okay great."

"So, what can I get you?"

"Whiskey. Neat." Yuri answered.

"Okay, ma'am."

While the bartender prepares her drink, Yuri looks around while sitting there trying to observe the luxurious place. She drinks every night at home while waiting for Jessica but it's been a while since the last time she drank in a bar. The place makes her miss her friends more.

"Here you go." The bartender puts her glass on the counter.

"Thank you..."

"Call me Borg Ma'am." Borg smiled.

"Okay. Thanks, Borg."

Yuri looked at her glass then smiled. Memories of her friends start to fill in her mind.

How Taeyeon and Sooyoung are the first to always get drunk but always manage to continue talking to them because Hyoyeon & Yuri couldn't stop making jokes and tell funny stories. How Sunny always takes responsibility for taking care of them when they get drunk. The woman never missed giving them hangover pills and soup when they ended their drinking session. Yuri on the other hand is the strongest of all. When everyone's passed out already, she would just look at them and laugh and start to take pictures of them.

Her phone suddenly rang. Actually, it's been ringing off the hook since after the interview. Taeyeon's been calling her non-stop. Sooyoung and the rest of the gang too. Surely, they saw the interview and they're worried about Yuri.

Yuri muted and locked her phone. She can't talk to anyone right now. She doesn't even know what to say.

Yuri looks at her reflection through the long mirror behind Borg. A reflection she's starting not to recognize anymore. A reflection that stares back with longing. Longing for the person who's been missing. She misses her old self. 

Yuri shook her head then drank her glass straight, asking Borg for more.

 

After Yuri left, Jessica felt so distracted and bothered the entire dinner party. She would react to the conversations but her mind is flying elsewhere.

For the first time in a long while, thoughts about Yuri filled her mind. She's used to not seeing Yuri all this time. Not even hearing her lover's voice and feeling her presence. But somehow, she feels different. Something's missing and she couldn't do anything about it. Maybe she can, but she chose not to.

 

"You're a fool Kwon Yuri." Yuri mumbles. "You're a moron. You just ing showed yourself to the world what kind of a fool you are." Yuri chuckles while a palm covers her face. She's had too many drinks already. It's been hours since she got there. She may be the strongest in their gang when it comes to drinking but it differs when you're drinking alone.

"You're not kind, you're not patient, you're not loving. You're a failure. You always mess things up."

Yuri mumbled as she continued to laugh at herself as she drank again and asked Borg for another glass.

"You're a dog who follows the owner. You're just a player of a game master. You'll never win Yuri. Never. You're just a ed up . That's what you are." 

She looks at the mirror again and smiles like a crazy person as she continues to chuckle.

With how she looks now, in two or three more glasses, she'll surely pass out.

 

Krystal entered the bar with some American friends. And right on the spot where she stands, Yuri's printed coat caught her eyes.

, Yuri. She cursed in her mind.

Krystal walks hurriedly to the bar counter leaving her friends behind.

She saw how wasted Yuri is as the woman's head is laid on top of her arm on the counter sideways. A glass beside Yuri's head looks like a new order.

" Yuri." Krystal Yuri's hair and gently slaps her cheek trying to wake her up.

"Borg, how much did she have?" Krystal asked.

"She's on her 2nd bottle about half." Borg answered.

"." Krystal hissed not knowing what to do.

"How long has she been here?"

Borg stopped from wiping dry the glass in his hands. "A few hours already Ms. Krystal. She got here at around 10? Or past."

Krystal nodded in response. "Uhm, did she pay already?"

Borg shook his head. "Not yet Miss."

Krystal gets her card from her pouch and gives it to Borg. "Here, charge everything on my account."

"Okay Miss." Borg gets the card and walks towards a machine.

"Yuri..." Krystal calls her while lightly caressing her back.

Yuri moves and tries to open her eyes. She slowly sits properly and Krystal helps her.

"Hey.. slowly okay? Borg! Could you give me a glass of iced water please?" Krystal orders then she sits on the stool next to Yuri.

Yuri looked at her then smiled. "Soojung-ah... You're here." Yuri pats Krystal's shoulder.

"Stop now okay?" Krystal said.

Yuri looks at her glass. "Just this one. Please. Last drink, I promise."

Borg puts the glass of iced water on the counter in front of Krystal.

"Okay but promise me to empty this after."

Yuri nodded then drank her glass straight. And as promised, she emptied the glass of water.

"Borg, one more please?" Krystal ordered.

"Why are you here?" Yuri asked while looking at her. "Why are you always here whenever I'm a mess?"

"You're not a mess Yuri, okay? C'mon, drink

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter