The End Has Come

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jimin

 

One month later...

 

I snuggled closer, smiling at the same time as I watched Minjeong's sleeping face, looking so peaceful and beautiful. Yet, I had to wake her up so she could start preparing for breakfast with my parents, and as for me, I had to get home before my parents would notice I was gone, since I sneaked out last night to come here.

 

"Babe wake up," I mumbled, poking her cheek at the same time. I hated waking her up because for one, we slept like late last night, doing some y stuff after being apart, I knew we both were pretty exhausted, and another, well, I loved to admire her sleeping face.

 

When she just groaned in response, I rolled my eyes before getting up and straddled her. If she wouldn't wake up, then maybe a simple teasing would do.

 

Smirking, I leaned down and planted few kisses on her neck, teasingly. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this as it would take a lot of self-restrain for me, and beside me wanting to wake her up, I couldn't help myself but as she was pretty irresistible.

 

She stirred as my lips hovered to hers, and I kissed her passionately. It didn't take long when I felt her responded to the kiss, and soon, she opened her eyes, and her electric brown orbs instantly met my gaze.

 

I pulled away, and smiled, "Are you awake now?"

 

She immediately smirked, "Babe just so you know, I woke up before you did, and just waited for you to do that."

 

I cocked a brow, "What? Why didn't you wake me then? We could have started another quick round," I teased.

 

"Well..." she trailed, smiling, "we could start now," she said, pulling me down for another kiss.

 

Everything felt so perfect right now, I could do this forever, but even if I wanted to take it further, my mind was screaming stop, reminding me about breakfast.

 

I pulled away, letting out a sigh of disappointment. "We can't. We don't want to be late, you know how dad is, he prides family breakfast...and basically you're family now."

 

She groaned, "You're making me regret not waking you up earlier..."

 

she mumbled, disappointingly, then sighed, "but you're right... and I don't want to be late in our first family breakfast...as a couple," she said before pulling me down for one last brief kiss, "Now, come on, let's get up, I need to prepare and you need to go home. Do you want me to walk you home?"

 

I shook my head, "No need baby, just take your time, and I'll see you later."

 

I got off the bed, looking for my skirt on the floor, and when I found it, I immediately slipped it on while looking at Minjeong who strode to the bathroom with just her undergarments on, looking y as ever.

 

"I'm gonna go, see you later babe," I hollered, shaking my head to vanish the naughty thoughts, and tied my hair instead. When I was done, and heard her response, I made my way out of the room, and headed downstairs, then walked out of the house with a wide smile written on my face.

 

It took a few minutes for me to reach the house, and even then, my smile hadn't disappeared, still thinking about my girlfriend, until I opened the door and saw dad standing in the middle of the living room, looking at me with a stern expression.

 

I slowly closed the door behind me, and forced a smile, "Dad, you're looking...healthy?" I mentally slapped myself when it came out wrong, making me look more stupid. I was about to say how he looked good as usual, but of all the things, I just had to say healthy.

 

How stupid.

 

"Where have you been Jimin?" he asked calmly.

 

"Um...I just went outside, you know, get some fresh air," I answered, trying to act nonchalant. He narrowed his eyes for a moment, crossing his arms on the chest.

 

"I'd say, you did more than just getting some fresh air...Come on Jimin, you don't have to lie, I can tell you were with Minjeong."

 

I chuckled a little awkwardly, "Dad, why would I..." I trailed off, and sighed in defeat, "Okay, you got me. I was with Minjeong...and I kind of sneaked out last night..." I mumbled at the last part, averting my gaze at the same time.

 

I could feel his burning stare at me, and I was unable to look back as I was feeling guilty.

 

I caught him on my periphery, walking towards me, and I forced myself to look at him again, as he stopped in front.

 

He sighed, shaking his head, "Honey, you don't have to lie to me about Minjeong. You know I wouldn't mind you going to her, if you will just tell me, but sneaking out? I don't approve that Jimin... After everything that's happened in our family, I couldn't relax not knowing where you're off to, or your mom, for that matter."

 

I held his hands, and looked at him apologetically, "Dad, I'm sorry, I didn't know...but you don't have to worry anymore... It's been a month, dad. Helena's dead, and the Red Circle is no more, you can relax, nothing's stopping you...Don't let the bad things that happened in the past stop you from living a life free from threats and constant worry."

 

"I know honey, but I wish I could...As a parent, I always worry about my family."

 

I let out a sigh, "Come here, you..." I said, pulling him in a hug. Now I felt bad, but I didn't mean to worry him though. The reason I sneaked out last night was because I just missed Minjeong. We rarely had a private time together when she was recovering back at the Agency since she was tightly monitored, as ordered by Black. And in remaining days back there, I wasn't able to be there for her until she got out because my parents had convinced me to go with them, like taking a short vacation, after everything we had been through.

 

Of course, I refused at first knowing Minjeong needed me, she convinced me into going, and I did.

 

That time I was away from her, I realized how much I needed a break, after everything. Although I missed my girlfriend, I didn't realize until then, I also missed some me time. It had been a while since I got to walk on the street on my own without having to look over my shoulder, or shop without someone guarding me, and I admit, I missed the normalcy.

 

When we got back last night, Minjeong had called me, saying she was at the house across the street, and even if I was exhausted from the trip, I sneakily went to her. That was when she said dad had called her yesterday, inviting her for breakfast, one of the reasons why she went back to the house, and the other was, of course, to see me.

 

"So, how did you know I was with Minjeong?" I asked, recalling what dad had said earlier.

 

"The hickey..."

 

"What?" I asked confusedly, then his lips jutted out, gesturing to my neck, and when I understood what he was referring, I hissed under my breath when I recalled what Minjeong had done. She probably saw the mark earlier, and didn't even tell me, dad had to see it first before me. 

 

"Unless you have another girlfriend...or boyfriend who gave you that mark," dad added uncomfortably, and I immediately shook my head.

 

"Dad, how could you say that?" I asked in disbelief, "...I'm in love with my girlfriend, I would never cheat on her."

 

"Well, you said the same thing to your past relationships," he retorted.

 

"Minjeong is different, dad. What we have now...it's different from my past relationships, and I don't want to ruin it."

 

He suddenly smiled widely, "I'm proud of you honey.. You're already acting like an adult."

 

"Shush dad, don't make fun of me." I groused, causing him to chuckle and messed my hair. He then wrapped his arms around me, engulfing me in a tight hug, and I laid my head on his chest, closing my eyes, feeling the warmness of his fatherly hug.

 

*

 

Breakfast went uneventful. Aside from dad thanking Minjeong for everything, mom had also invited her for the grand opening of her art gallery in two days. Looking at mom, while she enthusiastically told us about the details of the opening, I couldn't help but smile and felt excited for her because finally, she would be able to share her works to the people, which was supposedly a few months ago, before Helena happened, and ruined everything. I was excited, but I couldn't even imagine what she was feeling, knowing she was slowly accomplishing her goals.

 

After we had our breakfast, Minjeong and I spent some time together, and talked about what was next for us. According to her, probably soon, she would be given an easy mission, which meant that, there was a possibility we would be apart for I didn't know how long. I had no idea what would this mean to us, because frankly, we were new to this kind of relationship we had, and I didn't know if I could do like a long distance relationship. Even if I hated the thought, I couldn't do anything about it, 'perks of having an agent as a girlfriend, I did say... But so long as Minjeong wouldn't give up on us, then there wouldn't be any reason for me to do the opposite.

 

As time flew by, I felt like I couldn't get enough of the moment we had, and wanted to spend longer time with her, but then she decided to go since she had something to get, saying it was a surprise for me, and that I had to wait for her. Yes, I waited for her, but it wasn't long when I remembered something.

 

Instead of waiting for her to come back, I found myself getting in my new car, and maneuvered to the road with the only thought of a certain person.

 

Fifteen minutes later, I reached her house, and pulled to the curb. Stopping myself from thinking of what I should say to her, I heaved a deep sigh, and reluctantly got out of the car. I slowly strode to the front door, gaze flickering in my surrounding. As far as I remembered, this was where she was living, unless they relocated to another place without saying so.

 

I raised my hand, and knocked on the door twice, and it didn't take long when I heard an unlocking sound inside, then the door swung open, revealing the person I was expecting to see.

 

"Can I he--...Jimin?"

 

"Hi...Ning," I greeted timidly.

 

Her brows knitted, "W-What are you doing here?"

 

"Can I...talk to you for a minute?" She looked at me for a moment, before nodding reluctantly.

 

"Okay sure," she mumbled, stepping aside to let me in. I flashed a grateful smile at her before stepping inside. I heard her closed the door behind me, and waited for her to lead the way further inside.

 

We reached their cozy living room, and she turned to look at me.

 

"Please, have a seat. Um, is there anything you like to--"

 

I shook my head, "No it's fine, thanks. I'll just be quick."

 

"Okay?" she mumbled uncertainly.

 

I rubbed my palms together while looking at her, feeling a little nervous, as I wasn't used to what I was going to say to her. After everything I put her through, I knew she had to hear this.

 

"I'm here... because I want to apologize personally... I'm sorry, Ning...for everything you had been through because of me... because of my family. You didn't deserve everything that's happened to you, and I know this is late, but...yeah, I-I'm sorry."

 

There, I've said it. "Um Jimin, are...are you s-sick?"

 

My brow shot up, "What? Why are you asking me that?"

 

She looked at me sheepishly, "It's just that... you said sorry, like, easily?...I mean--"

 

"No, I get it," I interrupted, "I know I'm a , and you didn't think I have it in me to say sorry."

 

"Y-Yeah, that's it."

 

I sighed, "Well, I'm sorry for that too, you know, for being so mean to you...I was so immature and insensitive that I didn't realize I was hurting other people..." I trailed off, taking a moment for myself, "Look, I-I'm not expecting you to forgive me Ning, I just... being here, and you listening to me...is enough for me." I looked at her doubtfully while she returned my gaze, silently, as if considering what I just said.

 

An uncomfortable silence instantly loomed around us, and it was dragging on, until I started feeling stupid for coming here, that a little part of me was screaming to just turn my back and walk out of the house. But I stood my ground, waiting for her to say something.

 

"Okay..." she said after a moment, "I forgive you Jimin."

 

"R-Really?" I stammered, looking at her in disbelief as I wasn't expecting her to forgive me that easily after all the horrible things I did to her, but she just did, and it made me realize why her and Minjeong instantly became close.

 

She is a good person.

 

She nodded, "Yeah, I mean, I kind of understood why you were so mean to me."

 

I crossed my arms on my chest, "Oh yeah?" I challenged as I smirked, lightening the mood.

 

"Yeah. Aside from your innate iness... you hated me because you thought I was in love with Minjeong."

 

My brows perked up, "Were you not?"

 

She smiled, "Well, I thought I was in love with your girlfriend, but really I wasn't...Let's just say I mistook it for one...but don't get me wrong, I still love Minjeong, I'm just...not in love with her," she explained, and I mentally sighed in relief, forcing myself to stay calm and composed.

 

"So, how did you realize you weren't in love with her?" I asked curiously.

 

She hesitated, "Um, I don't think--"

 

"Oh..." I mumbled when I realized what I was doing. I was asking her like we were already close friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter