-6-

Tulips And Baby's Breath [Minju X Original Character]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's POV

 

Tired from my schedule for the day I dragged my feet off the elevator. For some reason I was hoping to see Alex just to have a talk. After our escapade to the amusement park and relaxing afternoon by the Han river we always spends time together it doesn't matter if it will only takes thirty minutes or couple of hours I just found her presence comforting. Turning at the corner I let out a smile seeing her standing in front of the door. 

"Hi!" I greeted catching her attention but my smile soon faded as I saw her. She smiled but it didn't reached her eyes, and that hazel eyes looks... sad. I quickly approached her worried at Alex but she quickly changed her expression to usual Alex that we know. 

"Hey." She pushed herself off the wall to stand properly facing me. "How was your schedule." I studied her face - she may be smiling but her eyes says the another thing. What happened to her? Where's the usual happy Alex? Maybe she got a bad day. 

"It was fine." I said still bothered by what I saw about her eyes. "Nothing special." I truthfully answered, Alex nodded before pointing at her door. 

"You should head inside, I know you are tired." I did not move even an inch I was too focused and concern for her. I looked straight into her eyes looking for a hint of sadness that I saw earlier.

"Do you want to grab a bite?" She raised her brows to me before giving me that smile again. 

"Are you asking me out?" Adjusting the strap of my bag I nodded. 

"If you have time of course." 

"I have all the time Miss Desert Fox but..." She paused. "But I know you are tired and you need to rest." 

"I am not tired plus I am hungry so let's go." I did not wait for her answer. Grabbing her hand I pulled her towards the elevator. Entering the lift I stood at the corner just looking at Alex, I noticed how her board shoulder slumped a little her head hanging low and even sighing every now and then. I wanted to ask her what's wrong but I don't want her to think I am sticking my nose on her business.

 

We settled at the same spot by the Han river sitting in complete silence. I am not used to this side of Alex - this quiet and spacing out Alex, it actually bothers me to see her not in her usual self. I watched as she absentmindedly eats like she look so tired and done with everything. 

"Alex are you alright?" I asked can't keep myself from being worried. I don't care if she thinks I am nosy - I am just worried for her. She snapped her head to me flashing her smile but her eyes it doesn't look happy at all. 

"Yeah I am." She tried to assure, her eyes can't hide it. "I am alright." We just looked at each other - I looked at her straight in the eyes wondering what is wrong while Alex looked at me and I know she's trying to tell me everything is fine. 

"I won't force you to tell me what's bothering you but remember that you can always tell me everything." This is the first time Alex tore her eyes away from me. Usually I am the one who keeps on surrendering to this staring contest but this time it's the taller girl. 

"I know Miss Desert Fox and I am so thankful for that." I did not push the subject more, instead I ate with Alex quietly. It feels weird actually I am not really used to this. We finished eating with Alex still quietly cleans up throwing our trash before setting herself down the mat. She uses her bag as a makeshift pillow her eyes staring at the night sky. I followed her laying on the mat using my bag as a pillow. 

"The weather is beautiful we can clearly see the stars twinkling." Thought Alex mumbled I can still hear her said those words. I threw her a quick glance - she's looking at the stars her brows furrowed. Returning my eyes at the night sky I feel a little at ease seeing the stars twinkling above us. "Usually if I am having a bad day I just look at those stars and I will feel better but..." Covering her eyes with her arms she let out a deep shaky breathe. I did not say anything I just want her to know that she can vent out anything to me. "...but even I looked at them I still feel like ." We lay here just in complete silence, Alex still has her arm covering half of her face. She keeps on sighing her hand opening then closing. She must really have an awful day based on how she acts right now. 

"Minju?" She suddenly calls me after being in complete silence for almost twenty minutes. Turning to her side she pushed herself up to sit up - I followed her still looking at her. 

"Yes?" I asked my brows raised a little. 

"Let's eat" She said with a smile. 

"Eat? Sure. As I say yes her smile widens. At this time I feel like I wanted to make her smile even just a little maybe I can make her feel better. 

"I know a good place and I hope you will like it there." We started walking back to the parking lot I kept on glancing at Alex just checking if she's still having a bad day or if she feels a little better. 

 

Getting out of Alex's car we are in front of a small and old looking restaurant. There a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter