-15-

Tulips And Baby's Breath [Minju X Original Character]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Minju keeps on glancing at the tall artist walking beside her. It's already midnight but the two girls are on their way to the convenience store just down the street. The taller girl has her hands tucked in her hoodie's pocket while Minju wears one of her hoodie's that is obviously larger for her but she felt comfortable wearing it and she can smell the latter's scent. There is this smile on Alex's face that Minju can't help but to look at.

Just a few minutes of slow walking they arrived at the convenience store with Alex holding the door open for Minju earning a thank you from the fox eyed girl. Both girls enters the store bowing at the clerk standing behind the counter.

"What should we eat?" Alex asked looking down at Minju before breaking into a huge smile.

"What?" Minju asked brows furrowed. The older girl scratches her nape looking away.

"My hoodie looks good on you." She cleared . "Anyway let's go and choose what we can eat." Minju just stand there she followed Alex with her eyes- cheeks blushing and heart fluttering. She always receives compliments whenever she goes but everytime she hears it coming from Alex the effect is far more different.

The two girls sit at the table available inside the convenience store with soft music playing. Minju tells Alex about their promotion in Japan, how they spend their time every breaks and how she misses having those eleven girls that now she calls her sisters. They also talk about her other member's plan for the future well except for Eunbi who just debuted as a solo artist.

"What about you?" Alex asked setting down her chopsticks grabbing her drink. "What's your plan?"

"Well since I want Iz*one as my first and last group I spoke with my company and told them that I wanted to pursue acting." The latter nods.

"Does your members know?" Minju hummed as a yes slowly chewing. "You told me that you're supposed to be an actress right?" Again Minju nod as a yes. "Congratulations for choosing your first love." Grinning she patter Minju's shoulder.

 

 

Minju's POV

 

"What about you? What is your first love before you became an artist?" Alex turned to look at me.

"I wanted to be a farmer." My eyes widen.

"Really?" She nods wiping her lips.

"My grandparents on my mom's side- my grandfather is Canadian while my grandmother is Filipino." Well I know Alex is not pure Korean well based on her looks. "Everytime we visits the Philippines we are always staying at my grandparents farm house." As Alex speaks there is this spark in her eyes. "My grandma taught me how to plant and takes care of flowers while my grandpa and my uncles taught me how to do some farm works." The way she speaks she look so excited and happy. She even told me about her huge family back in the Philippines laughing as she said we will be shock if she introduce them to us.

"Why didn't you pursue farming?" I asked. Even though we are finished eating we stay at the convenience store.

"My grandparents are both artist- grandma is lined with music while grandpa is just like me- he paints." She sigh her dry lips. "Every afternoon my grandma will always play piano while my grandpa paints. It's like their form of bonding and it's their love language. Spending time together while doing what they love." Fishing out her phone she unlocks it tapping on the screen. She shows me a video of two old couple. The old lady is sitting in front of the piano while the old man is standing in front of the piano painting. There is this soft melody coming from the piano the scene it was relaxing and it makes my heart fluttering.

After the video she swiped to the next video and it made me gasped. The old man is now sitting in a wheelchair with oxygen connected to him. He look so weak but he is still holding a paint brush trying his best to paint while the old lady plays piano. This time he is sitting close to his wife.

"When grandpa died because of lung cancer my grandma became weak." I can't look away from the video. Though her grandmother is playing the same song- the melody is so sad. "Grandma refuses to eat, she refuses to go out heck she refuses to even look at the piano." Looking at Tulips the twinkling on her eyes faded. "So I thought of something to get my grandma back even just a little. I kept on asking her to play piano for me while I paint- of course it's not an easy task but eventually she agreed." The next video was Alex standing in front of her grandma while the old lady plays piano. She keeps on looking at her grandma smiling widely as she paints.

"I like painting but I learn how to love it because it helps my grandma get through."

"You really love your grandparents." I said making her chuckle.

"I do that's why I walked through this path because it reminded me of them." I really thought that Alex chose to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter