Home is where you are

Logan and Su Ryeon Stories

"Don't you miss your home in the US?" Su Ryeon's question came as a surprise to Logan. "In New York, where your family is, your friends, your job. Are you sure you want to stay in Korea permanently?"


"Su Ryeon ssi, my home is wherever you are". He takes her hand and holds her palm between his own, feeling her warmth. "You and the kids".


She smiled at his reassurance.


"You're my home too". Her fingers curl under his palm and she laces their fingers together. She's sure of Logan's commitment to her and their family, but she can imagine what missing home must feel like.She presses on. "What about your friends and family. You may miss them. Your job."

" I can hold my position in the company band fulfill my duties from here. And I'm planning on focusing on our foundation more anyway." He purses his lips for the next part. "And about my parents, we're still not in a good place. We never have been after I found out about our Sol A, but especially after watching them blame you for the bomb... I can't see them in the same light anymore."


"They have been investigated. They're paying for what they did".


"Are they? She died and their life went back to normal. Paying a fine isn't solving the problem. I want them to finally acknowledge what they did and sincerely repent. That's how they'll be forgiven."


"I understand. I know it's hard when the people you love hurt you that way." Logan tightens his grip on her hand and his thumb runs small circles on her palm encouragingly. "You know how painful was with Seok Kyun. But we came back together".


"I know. And I'll do what you did. But it will take some time and effort. I'm good with Alex, thought. So family is in a safe distance from us".


She watches him expectantly.


"And as for friends, there's not much to leave behind. I didn't have a lot of friends growing up. I was always in and out of hospitals. Kids don't run to befriend the sick kid. I spent almost all my teenage years in all types of medical facilities. We drifted apart with most of them. My only real friend is Marlon, he was my care taker and physical therapist. Now he's working for a non profit for kids".


Her expression opened. "What kind of non profit?"


"It's a health center for kids who don't have the means to afford private hospital care. Kids who really need it and have no options, like not being able to afford cancer treatment. He matches them with doctors and the center covers the costs. It was all his idea, after he treated me and saw that many kids can't even afford to go to the doctor. It's all him".


"You admire him".


Logan smiles. "How can I not? He's everything I want to be. Loyal, hardworking, protective, a great father".


"My Logan is all of these things", Su Ryeon says earnestly, holding his stare.


Logan lowers his head in humility.


"I want to meet him someday, since he's so important to you".


"Really?"


Su Ryeon nods.


"We'll visit him then. He'll love what you're doing with the foundation".


"Let's go after the kids' graduation".


Logan can't hide his smile as the woman he loves wants to know all of him, wants to learn about his life.


"Deal". Instead of shaking, he raises the hand he's still holding to his lips, leaving a soft kiss as a promise.


"So there's nothing else in America for you? Are you sure?"


"Why do you ask, Su Ryeon ssi? You know there's no reality where I'm packing up and leaving you".


"No, no. I know that. I know the man you are". She stares deep in his eyes. "But you had a life there, Logan. I don't know how fair it is that you're giving it up".


"I'm not giving it up. I'm choosing a better one. A better life, where you're with me". He adjusts his position and comes closer to her. "Su Ryeon ssi, my love, there's nothing holding me back in America. Everything I could possibly want is here. With you." Tears start forming in his eyes. "You gave me a purpose with your fight for justice. I no longer feel like a spoiled brat who didn't deserve the life that was given to him. But more than that, you've given me a home." His lips quiver. He puts his hand on her cheek, angling her eyes towards his "I haven't loved anyone as much as I love you". A tear escapes. "It makes me want to make the world better all because you're in it. To fight injustices so that they don't bring you pain. You're the only one for me, my love. There's not a version of me being anywhere else but beside you".


Su Ryeon's tears glister in her face, as she touches her forehead to his. Logan pads her face with his fingers, lovingly wiping the tears. He cups her cheek as he always does with her.


"Logan", she's still unable to form sentences, the emotions swallowing her voice.


"I love you. In case that wasn't clear". He  says.


Su Ryeon's heart is ready to burst.

"I love you with all my heart and soul, Su Ryeon".


"I love you too. So much..." She tries to talk but Logan always understood her without words. He does now too, as his eyes are filled with a light that's heating his soul. "How could I not? You've put me first at every step of the way. I never thought I'd love someone again after years of being miserable. But I do. I love you".

She presses her lips to his and she can taste his confession. "All this talk about home is because I want to keep you with me. Forever".


"Darling, there's no other place I'll ever be".


They bring all the love they're feeling into their kiss. Su Ryeon angles her head and parts her lips, signalling for the kiss to deepen. Logan obliges with fervour, as his hands pull her waist impossibility closer. They lose themselves in their passion.


Their lips carry promises of forever and it's a promise both will keep.

"My love. My wife. My home".


-The End-