The future

Logan and Su Ryeon Stories

 

Logan lost track of time as he was admiring Su Ryeon’s vibrant paintings at Shimoo gallery. He was waiting for her to finish her meeting and take her home. As he stood face to face with a young girl’s portrait surrounded by neon colored butterflies, he marveled at how amazing Su Ryeon was at her job, having an eye for art that expresses feelings and giving space to upcoming artists to showcase their work. 

 

The new wing hosted the Min Seol Ah exhibition, an ode to child-like innocence. Now that he raises kids, Logan is amazed at how artworks can depict a parent’s unconditional love. He can’t wait to take his wife home and enjoy a colorful family dinner, maybe a glass of wine in the patio to shed the day off and relax together. 

 

A delicate hand envelopes his arm as Su Ryeon rests her head on his shoulder.

 

“Su Ryeon sshi” he calls affectionately. “All done for the day?”

 

“All done, Logan. Did you wait for me for long?”

 

“No, I was just looking at the new pieces. Su Ryeon sshi has done an excellent job”, he says and kisses her forehead tenderly. 

 

Su Ryeon smiles at the gesture and link their hands together.

 

“I’ll give you the full tour next time. Now let’s go home”

 

“As you wish”

 

Logan helped her with her coat and they started walking leisurely to the gallery exit.

 

“How did your meeting go? Am I married to the new JK Holdings CEO?”

 

“No.”

 

That alarmed her. “What happened? Was the board of directors still loyal to Ju Dan Tae? Did they sided against you?” Su Ryeon stopped walking and looked at him worriedly. After all the work they’d both done to bring him and Seo Jin down, she winces at the thought that Dan Tae tortures them from beyond the grave. 

 

“They offered me the position”. He says and runs a hand on her cheek, leaving a pale blush behind. “I turned it down”

 

“Why?” She implored.

 

“Darling, I want to spend my time with you and the kids. I don’t need another position keeping me at work longer”

 

Su Ryeon is touched at the sincere gesture, barely holding tears. She never doubted his love for her, but now he’s proving again how devoted he is to her family. Their family. 

 

“You’re making me so happy”, she answers in tears and fuses her lips to his. The kiss is sweet and she tastes the smile on his lips. They move slowly, her hands resting on his neck. They separate but don’t move, their foreheads still touching. 

 

“That’s all I want.” he confesses. “You’ll also be happy to hear who I appointed as the new CEO”

 

She looks at him excitedly. Logan kisses her palm and they resume walking.

 

“One who truly deserves it”

 

—-

 

A week later they attend the celebration for the new JK Holdings CEO. The person approaches the podium and everyone claps. 

 

“Thank you for this honour...” Oh Yoon Hee starts her speech. Su Ryeon, Logan and the baby he’s cradling in his lap cheer excitedly. Rona holds Su Ryeon’s hand as she witnesses her mother finally getting the life she deserves. 

 

Su Ryeon looks around her, seeing all the people she loves and has helped, now supporting her best friend. Her heart swells with happiness as she rests her head on Logan’s shoulder and caresses their baby’s soft head. 

 

Fighting for love is worth it, after all.

 

-The End-