Sweet Distractions

Logan and Su Ryeon Stories

 

 

 

Su Ryeon pulls down the visor and looks herself in the mirror, fixing her light makeup. She makes a sliding motion, applying lipstick evenly and returning the product to her small mint coloured pouch. She makes a cute pout and purses her lips to spread it. 

 

Logan smirks from the driver's side of his Jeep.

 

"Eyes on the road". She chides without looking at him. He'd been starring at her while driving. It's not safe to look elsewhere during their journey.

 

"You're distracting me". She finally turns to him.

 

"I'm not doing anything".

 

"You're there looking all pretty. but I guess you can't help that"

 

She smiles, her cheeks turning rosy. It's amazing how after five years together, she blushes at his compliments. 

 

"I can". She grabs the popcorn bag from the central console and takes a handful. "Look!". She puts them in , making a funny face. 

 

"This is even cuter". He huffs in fake discouragement. 

 

The sun showers them with its first rays, illuminating the forrest road.

 

He turns to her, noticing her comfy attire .

 

"You wanna take a nap until we get there?" They're an hour away from the camping site, and he knows she wants her rest after having woken up before sunrise. 

 

"No, I'll keep you company". She makes herself comfortable, adjusts the seat and starts eating the popcorn. 

 

"You look like a bunny, munching that." She makes puppy eyes at him. 

 

"Me?" She asks in English, her pout disappearing into a smile.

 

He keeps his left hand on the wheel and boops her nose with the other. 

 

"Do you think our little bunny will like camping when she grows up?" Luna, who's one and currently in the care of her grandmother is already an adventurous baby. 

 

"Oh yes. After she tries to eat every flower on the campsite". 

 

"I didn't think I'd like it in the beginning" Su Ryeon admits.

 

"Did a certain handsome man change your mind?" He lifts his eyebrows suggestively.

 

"No, but you did".

 

She bursts out laughing at his bewildered face. 

 

"That's it. No more popcorn for you" he motions to take it away from her, but she's faster, stashing it on the glove compartment.

 

"Hey!" She exclaims. He drops his hand and cups her knee 

 

"At least give me some"

 

Before he has a chance to notice the innuendo escaping his tongue, her eyes widen.

 

"Popcorn", he rushes. "I meant popcorn". He squeezes her knee and pretends to be innocent. "What did you think about?"

 

"I don't know..." She itches closer to him, her shampoo smelling fresh. It's strawberry, the one that makes her hair shiny. He'd kiss her right now, if not for the open road. Her chin almost touches his shoulder and just when he's sure she'll give him a peck, she pulls out a packet from the backseat. "... We have other snacks too". 

 

He muffles a laugh, suddenly impatient to get to their destination. Start a fire, cuddle, have more... snacks.

 

She opens the bag, revealing her favourite salty half moons, packing an epic crunch. He eyes her expectantly. She returns the stare and keeps on eating the chips, humming softly along the radio.

 

"Okay, okay. Here", she acquiesces and feeds him a handful of snacks. 

 

"Mmmm. New flavour?"

 

"I wanted to try it. Do you like it?"

 

"Delicious". As she gives him more, he pretends to bite her hand, making her smile.

 

"I'll eat your fingers too."

 

She kicks the salt of said fingers.

 

"Promise?"

 

Much later, under the stars in his Cavallo trailer, he keeps his promise. 

 

And not just her fingers.
 
---
 
 
 
 
Author's note: I'm doing camping one shots, the only problem being that their vlog is much cuter that anything I could write. If you have an angle, tell me. 
My multi chapters are both ongoing, if you want an update drop me a comment here.
Happy New Year🥂. To many more with you.