Something Special for Someone Special

Logan and Su Ryeon Stories

Logan lowers himself to work on the plank of wood before him.The hours pass without noticing when he's doing something he enjoys. The garage of their new home in the US has been transformed into his own personal workshop, complete with tools and materials for woodworking. 

 

He's been working fewer hours since they left Korea. Both emotionally and physically exhausted, Su Ryeon and him bought a small but beautiful house and have been sending their days enjoying each other's company, in all the delicious ways. Two years of this heaven lead them to need more space in their house for an upcoming arrival.

 

He smoothens the surface of the wood with a sponge, his movements wide and sure. He's immersed, losing track of time until a familiar figure appears on his vision.

 

"Hey beautiful".

 

Su Ryeon is resting her head on the door, watching him fondly.

 

"Hi", she approaches the work bench, looking at the wood pallets questioningly.

 

"Still trying to guess what I'm making?" He extends his hand and she tucks herself to his side, putting her head on his shoulder. He hugs her side and kisses her hair. 

 

"When are you going to tell me? I'm curious. You've been working on it for months".

 

"It's because I want to be precise, darling. When it's finished, it will carry very precious cargo".

 

She turns her head, kissing him sweetly. Her hands trace the lines of his face. 

 

"Is this your method of guessing?" He says between kisses, as he removes his protective gear to give her more access.

 

"Is it working?"

 

"I'm not sure, try harder", he bites his lip with feigned ignorance.

 

Su Ryeon isn't one to back out from a challenge, her hands on his plaid work shirt and pulling him to her, in a searing kiss. He throws the sponge away and deepens the kiss, relishing this afternoon delight with his wife. He tastes the smile on her lips and he laughs at her impatience. They separate for a moment, enough for him to cup her plump cheeks and kiss her nose.

 

"Tell me", her demand is followed by a rare sight of puppy eyes. He's truly living the dream.

 

He turns her slowly to face the wood plaque and hugs her from behind.

 

"Follow the path of the pencil and you'll figure it out". He takes her right hand and guides her movements across the lines he's drawn on the surface. 

 

He puts his head in the space where her neck meets her shoulder. "Close your eyes".

 

"Logan", she squints her eyes at him.

 

He smiles realising where her mind went. "Close your eyes, darling. Trust me".

 

She does.

 

"It's going to have four sides", he leads her hand on the surface, "with a strong base on the bottom", he spreads her palm, "and wide bars".

 

The final piece her hand touches is an engraved plaque. "This is going on the top".

 

She traces her fingers and reads it without looking. 

 

Luna

 

"Do you know now?", His hands travel her body and rest lovingly on her growing belly.

 

Su Ryeon gasps and tears fall from her eyes, looking at him adoringly.

 

It's a crib. 
 
 
_____
 
 
Author's note: I know, you're waiting for the idol AU and Athena's Vengeance. I'm writing them as well.
But damn, I couldn't resist writing this cute one shot, since PES is giving me tons of inspiration. The way he's working on that bench, I imagine Logan making things for his daughter. I can't with his thousand talents and hobbies. And she liked it, enough said.