Autumn and Winter

Let’s Meet Halfway

The night seems colder each day passing by. Minsi took the courage to return back to work. Sun Min and her colleagues have been supportive and understanding of what she's going through. She is aware that the rumors will not stop on it's own, specially if she'll continue behaving this way. She'd been through a lot of hardships and she successfully defeated them all and that give her courage to go on.

"Are you sure you're ok now?" Soo Ryeon asks her.

"Yeah, Unnie I'm feeling better now!" 

"Just let us know if you need anything, our home is open for you anytime!" Jung Haeng reminds her.

"I'm ok Oppa! You helped me a lot!" 

She will be forever grateful to her favorite couple. She is somewhat envious of them, she is hopeful  that her relationship with Do Hyun will be like what they have but the recent happenings only frustrates her. Soo Ryeon constantly reminding her that they are just starting and there are more problems that they might encounter in the future. She is still indecisive though, she loves Do Hyun but she is not ready to forgive him nor see him. She even ignored Jin-ah, how many times the younger girl tried to reach out but she resort to declined her attempt of talking to her. She is not mad at her but her logic is affected by the pain and betrayal she felt. The fault of her brother doesn't necessarily mean that she's involve but she also don't trust herself, she's afraid that if she speaks to her, she may divulge words that she might regret someday.

***

"Welcome back Minsi!" One of her colleagues greeted her.

"Thank you for taking over my tasks and I'm sorry if I added to your burdens."

"Don't mention that, were team and I believe that you did nothing wrong, just don't mind those people who are talking behind you."

Her colleagues words somehow console her and lessen her worries. It's also nice to hear that the management decided not to take the rumors against her. Her credibility as an employee weighs more than all the negative things that are thrown against her.

***

"Overtime again! Don't push yourself too hard."

Sun Min's notices that Minsi's burying herself to works. She's aware that it's part of her coping mechanism but she can't help but worry about her health. She's working nonstop since the day she reported to work, dealing with a lot of suppliers and clients are physically and mentally draining and Minsi's doesn't want to stop.

"It's ok Unnie! I rested for long enough and I need to compensate for the days that you have to cover up for me!"

"You haven't speak to him, don't you?" 

"Yes, I think it's better off this way!"

"It's ok, but don't punish yourself! Take your time, everything will be ok soon!"

"Thank you Unnie!"

***
"Appa, I'm happy that you are here!" Myungsoo cheerfully greets him. He hugs him tightly showing how much he miss his son.

His sudden visits to his hometown surprises his family specially his son.  

"Do Hyun-ah, how's everything in Seoul?" His father's asks.

He sighs deeply, at once his parents know something is bothering him. He is not sure if Jin-Ah told them about his dilemma but being home, he feels safe, he has that assurance that no one will judge him.

"Jungtae please bring Myungsoo to your room, we need to talk to your brother." His mother instructs his younger brother.

"Kaja, Myungsoo-ah!" Jungtae follows the order of his parents and leads his nephew to his room.

"So this is about this girl you are seeing!" His father started.

"Do Hyun-ah, Jin-ah told us what happened. We don't want to interfere with your decisions but we hope that you reassess if your relationship is worth fighting for."

"Omma, I love her and I don't think I will just let her slip away in my life. I waited for so long to be with her and she's the only one I'd ever dream of."

"But how about Myungsoo, it seems that she can't she's not happy with what she learned about you? If that woman really loves you, she has to accept your situation unconditionally." His mother continues.

"Omma, she's not that type of person, she the nicest person I'd ever met. She's beautiful inside and out. Besides, I'm the one who hides my situation from her and her feelings are valid" 

"Do Hyun-ah, we are aware of how much you like her. But don't allow yourself to be blinded with how you feel, you are no longer young and you have responsibilities." His father agrees to what his mother said.

"We want you to know that we are not against of you having a relationship but please do understand that our major concern is yours and Myungsoo's welfare. We don't want you to ruin your life  and your plan because of someone who's not worth of your time and effort."

"Appa, Omma, I understand your worries, but I want you to trust me just like what you did before. I'm more matured now and I know that I can handle it better. I just don't want to regret anything that's why I will fight my love for her."

One thing that certain in life is that it is always full of uncertainties. The moment he decided to fall in love deeper with Minsi, he is aware that nothing will come easy, there are complications and there are differences that they need to compromise. He expected that there will be times that they will disagree on something but he already made up his mind, he can endure everything just for her and he is quite convinced that she feels the same. She might said that she wants to end their relationship but in her eyes, he saw a glint of hope, more than her fears and disappointment, he saw love and that's enough for him to hold on.

"What's your plan then?" His father asks.

"I decided to stay here for a while so I can give her the space and time she needs. I hurt her, it's my fault that's why she's behaving like that but I won't give up on us!"

"If that's your decision, we are here to support you, but stop when you realize it's not worth fighting for."

***

"Look who's here?" Eunbi sarcastic greetings to Minsi.

"Just ignore her!" Sun Min reminds her.

"I'm here to work and my personal and relationship problems shouldn't be yours or anyone concern." Minsi raises her voice, it's the first time she speaks that manner to Eunbi, for the longest time she managed to talk to her calmly even if the girl treats her rudely. 

"Wow, I'm scared!"

"Yeah at least I know, that there are things I'm good at. I'm honest and responsible at my work. I hardly give my clients and managers problem, unlike you Kang Eunbi!"

"Minsi, stop! Don't stoop down to her level." One of her colleagues says.

"At least I'm not a home wrecker!"

"Sorry, as far as I know I didn't wreck any home or family. You should research better and get your facts straight."

What Minsi said made Eunbi's furious. She can't believe that she talked back to her.  For the past years she had been provoking her but she remains silence. Somehow this challenges her, she really wants to annoy her more. 

"Whatever you say, it will not change the fact that your boyfriend has now a child and he's not been honest with you. Do you really think, there are men who will take you seriously? For sure they know your past."

"Yah!" Minsi can't take the insult anymore. She was about to slap Eunbi but Sun Min has a quicker reflex, she managed to stop Minsi from doing the act.

"Relax, Minsi!" Sun Min hushes her.

With that Minsi break down, what Eunbi said  have sense though. She is right Do Hyun was not honest, he hid his true identity to her and his reasons now matter how she tries to understand, is not acceptable. She has no issue even if he has a child, what she didn't like is that he seems not trusting her like her love for him is insubstantial.

Eunbi flashes her an infuriating smirk, knowing that she was able to provoke her and unleashed her not so desirable traits. While Sun Min and a colleague are trying to solace Minsi, she left the room still sporting that victorious smile.

***

"Snow fight!" 

Jungtae and Myungsoo are having fun playing with snow in front of their flower shop. Temporarily Do Hyun helps his parent manning the shop while he still attends online classes. 

Do Hyun is watching the kids when he suddenly remember the day that Eunbi went to shop, after her disagreement with Minsi. He thought she is really dangerous person, although she really pisses him off, he still tried his best to talk to her nicely and civility.

"Don't you think Minsi is a little inconsiderate for not understanding your predicament, if she really loves you, she should at least acknowledge you and your son."

"Eunbi-ssi, I know you are concern but this matter is just between us. You should not get yourself involve."

"But I care about you!  like you Do Hyun-ssi and don't care if you have a child."

"Thank you but I can't accept and return back your feelings. I love Minsi and I'll do everything to save our relationship."

Eunbi left frustratedly after their talk. She never imagined that it will be difficult to convince Do Hyun to accept her. It only make her mad at Minsi even more.

***

"Appa, would you like to play with us?" 

"Myungsoo-Yah! I can't, Appa is still working so I can't at the moment."

"Ok, if you say so!"

"Just be careful, the pavements are slippery." He reminds his son.

***
"What's your favorite season?" Minsi asked Do Hyun while she sips on her camomile tea.

"I would say Autumn, how about you?" His retort.

"Why Autumn?"

Do Hyun lightly chuckles before he speaks again.

"You better answer me first!"

"Ok, mine is Winter, I have a lot good memories during winter as a child. I remember Appa and I used to make Snow Angels and Snowman. I also love the hot choco peppermint drinks that Appa used to serve after we play in the snow. On winter breaks we visit Halmoni and Harabeoji in Daejoon, that's where I spent most of my childhood days. Just to let you know, I grew up under the care of my grandparents too. How about you, what do you like most about Autumn?"

"I don't have a lot of memories to be honest, but I think the most prominent and precious one would be, that it was Autumn when the first time I saw you! It's also Autumn when we became official and we shared our first kiss."

Little he know the girl besides her is blushing profusely. Minsi can't help but feel giddy with his confession. He definitely know how to make her heart skip a beat, whether is by his simple yet sweet gestures or with his words. He doesn't need to used flowery words. He is the type who is always straightforward without any hint of verbosity in expressing how he feels.

"Come here!" Do Hyun open and wraps his arms around Minsi.

"I want to be part of part of your life from now on, together we will make more memories." He continues.

A gentle smile plays along Minsi's face. Her eyes are twinkling. She loves him and she agrees, she will make more beautiful memories with him and she'll start now. With that she tip her toes and kiss him on the lips which he gladly reciprocates.

Do Hyun, didn't notice the tears that are flowing freely from his eyes. He misses her everyday but he also respects her, he will give her space and time she needs.

His sad face didn't go unnoticed to his boy. 

"Appa, why are you crying?" Myungsoo asks with a curious eyes. He also comes near to him to wipe his fathers tears using his small hands.

"Aniyo, the weather is just cold and it irritates my eyes." He denies.

"Are your eyes hurting?" 

He crunches down to his son's level and hold his tiny body. He sees the worries on his eyes and he knew he has to do something to ensure his son that he is fine or else the kid will not stop clinging unto him. 

"I'm ok, since I'm done with my work for today, how about we make Snow Angel?"

Myungsoo's eyes' twinkle, he is excited to make snow Angel but more importantly he is happy to spend more time with his Appa.