Chapter XIV

A Change Of Heart (WinRina x WinNing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KARINA's POV


          The next day, I invited Winter to come over to make a script for the upcoming event. I asked for the principal's permission and good thing she allowed it since we can't do adlibs.


"Hey, I'm about to leave. Do you need something I can buy on the way there?" she asked through the phone so I looked around if there's anything missing. So far, all is good.


"It's all good. Drive safely." I told her.


"Alright. See ya."


As I wait for her, mom came downstairs, "You doing anything?"


"Yes and I'm waiting for a friend."


"Is that so?" I nodded then she made her way to open the door. Turns out, aunt Seulgi came to visit again.


"Hello again, Jimin-ah." she greets me as soon as she came in.


"Good to see you again, auntie." I gave her a smile.

 
"How have you been? You seem so busy right now." she noticed a pile of papers and some books on my side.


"Ah, yes. This week, there's gonna be an event in school and I have to take care of it." I responded as I played my pen on the desk. "I'm also reading in advance just in case."


"You must've been stressed. Here, I brought tteokbokki and fish cakes. Have some."


"Wow, I'm actually craving tteokbokki since last night. Thank you so much, auntie." she made her way to the kitchen and came back to serve me a bowl of tteokbokki with fish cakes and a soda.


I was about to have my first bite when the doorbell rang, "Oh, Winter."


I immediately stood up and opened the door, "Hey."


"Hi, come in." I invited her inside.


"Uhm, good afternoon, Mrs. Kim." she bowed to my mom and aunt Seulgi.


"Good afternoon. Do you want some tteokbokki?" she offered her food but Winter politely declined.


"I'm good, thank you." she bowed again before sitting beside me.


"So, did you start writing the script or...?"


I shook my head as I chew on tteokbokki, "I can't start without you. I have no idea how to start writing it."


"This is gonna take long." I heard her say.


Minutes after, mom and aunt Seulgi decided to go upstairs leaving the two of us alone in the living room. Now it became more quiet.


Usually, Winter talks a lot or at least that's how I see it when she's with Ningning but right now, she's too focused and I'm the one that can't think of anything.


"Don't you want some?" I asked again, offering her to eat. Maybe she declined earlier because she was shy.


"Just a bite." she said. I knew it, she wants to eat.


"I'm just gonna get you some. Wait a second." she was about to insist but I already stood up and got a bowl to get her tteokbokki upstairs.


I was about to knock when I saw the door slightly opened. I walked in only to see my mom and aunt Seulgi being touchy to each other around the corner so I had to go back. Not that I'm nosy or anything but out of curiosity, I stayed and kept an eye on them.


The next thing that happened shocked me. My jaw dropped and I became uncomfortable in an instant.


They were kissing.


I couldn't believe my eyes for a moment and it was too much to process so I went back downstairs. I'm suddenly not in the mood for anything now because of what I just witnessed. I sat there again, becoming quiet all of a sudden.


Winter is busy and all but she still noticed the changes in my mood, "Hey, are you okay? Is there something wrong?" I only shook my head as a response.


I tried my best to lie but I guess I'm bad at it, "Karina." she called me.


"Can we go outside for a while?" my voice is slightly shaking.


"Okay." I'm glad she didn't ask why I want to go outside. I just really feel uncomfortable right now.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not homophobic but seeing mom kissing a girl is something I did not expect.


I was quiet the whole time and I'm starting to feel bad now for Winter. I feel like we've been walking for thirty minutes now.


"I'm sorry." I told her.


"It's okay." she assured me. "Do you want to go anywhere specific?" she asked.


Then I immediately thought of something. "Starbu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter