Chapter IX

A Change Of Heart (WinRina x WinNing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we returned, we found the four girls gossiping in the living room. 


"Shouldn't you be studying? What are you girls talking about, huh?"


"None of your business." Yeji told her. I kinda feel embarrassed to face them.


"Hey, we bought snacks. You can have them." I said but none of them went to get some. 


To break the silence, Ryujin asks, "So, what are we watching?" I knew this was gonna happen. Group study, my . 


"Let's see." Ningning the television and searched through Netflix. All of them were sat upon the sofa while I'm on the floor because it's more comfortable for me and there's no space left for me, too. 


"Come on, guys. There's still plenty of time to study." 


"Right? Who cares about math, anyways?" Lia kept her notebook and laughed.


"I do." Karina responded. "If you don't want to study then I will." she sat beside me. 


"Can you teach me about the formula you used earlier?" she asked me. 


"Sure."


"Ah, you two are no fun." we heard Ryujin say but we ignored her. 

 


KARINA's POV


       Now, Winter here already spent about half an hour teaching me yet I still can't get it right. I'm starting to feel bad because rather than having fun, she's putting a lot of effort to make me understand the lesson we discussed earlier. 


I sighed after examining the scratch papers we used. "Why can't I get it right?" 


"Hey, Rina." Lia approached me. "Winter's supposed to have fun, you know? Leave her be." 


Before I even get to speak, Winter answered, "It's okay." Now, I feel bad again. I don't want to waste the time she spent teaching me.

 

I have to try harder.

 

"Mhhh...why don't we try other method? I'm sure it'll help." she suggested. 


"No, no, no, wait." I looked into the scratched papers again.


"Why?" I ignored her. I need to focus. 


"I think...I'm starting to get it." I start to feel excited.


"Go on." she told me.


I kept on calculating until..."I got it!" I start to throw punches in the air. 


"You did?" Winter asked so I showed her the paper. "Nice." she gave me a thumbs up. 


"You're so cool." I playfully slapped her arm. "I knew I could count on you for the upcoming exams." I joked and we both laughed.


"Okay, now, that's enough." Ryujin said, making the both of us look at her. "I could hear Ningning's blood, boiling." she added, assuming the redhead is jealous. She earned a slap on the arm from Yeji. Again. 


"You're crazy." Ningning told her. 


"Yah, stop saying nonsense things." I also responded as I get up. "Thanks, Winter." 

 

 

AUTHOR's POV


Once they noticed that Winter is still sat on the floor, they immediately called her out. 


"Minjeong, get your up and sit over here. Don't be so lonely." Ryujin gave up her seat to leave a space for Winter. She want to hesitate at first because she'll be sitting next to Ningning but she asked herself in her head, "What am I so afraid of?" With that, she finally stood up and walk towards t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter