Chapter X

A Change Of Heart (WinRina x WinNing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Karina and Winter were excused in class for another meeting.

 

"Any idea why it's so sudden?" the shorter girl asked.

 

"Maybe, they changed plans?" they could only shrug their shoulders as they head towards the principal's office.

 

When Winter was about to knock the door, a very pretty student showed up and stood beside them.

 

"Hi." the girl greets. Realizing none of them greeted back because of confusion, the girl chuckled and introduced herself formally, instead.

 

"I'm Wonyoung." she smiled. "You two must be from class A-5."

 

"That's right. I'm Karina." Karina tries to be friendly.

 

"Minjeong." Winter simply said.

 

"Everybody calls you Winter, right?" Wonyoung questioned, making the shorter girl smile.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Shall we?" Wonyoung gestured them to get inside. She didn't even knock on the door, she just straight up opened it.

 

"Good morning, ma'am." they greeted the principal.

 

"Good morning. Please, take your seat."

 

"Is there anything we can do for you?" Winter politely asked.

 

"Actually, yes." the principal sat on her chair.

 

"The reason I called for you here is because I think you two should host the upcoming event after the first periodical examination." Winter and Karina looked at each other.

 

"Other tasks were already given to the officers from other section." she announced. "I know it might be unfair since I didn't give you a chance whether you want to become propmakers or anything else but I just have to say, the others just don't fit as hosts unlike the two of you."

 

The two have no idea whether to think of it as a compliment or just another headache to think about.

 

"If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think we're...sorry for the term, "better" than them?" Winter threw the principal a polite question but Wonyoung answered on behalf of the principal.

 

"Minjeong- I mean, Winter, just the way you talk, the way you approach people, is enough for me to say you're better than a lot of students here. I may not be one of your classmates but I must say, you're a natural."

 

"That's right." the principal agreed. "Also, I would love to see Ms. Jimin gain more confidence."

 

It did flatter the both of them, of course.

 

"You two seem to get along so I guess there wouldn't be a problem?" the principal asked them.

 

"Yes, ma'am. Knowing Winter would be joining me is relieving since she's a lot confident than I am when it comes to these things." Karina said.

 

"Jimin-ah, you're good, too." Winter told her.

 

"That's all, my children. Thank you for your time." the principal tells them.

 

"Thank you, ma'am." they bowed their heads before heading out with Wonyoung.

 

"You guys would definitely ace it." says the tallest one.

 

Karina sighs, unsure of herself. "I don't know about that."

 

"Hey, it's too soon to worry about it." Winter says. "You'll do just fine."

 

"I hope so."

 

"Uhm, I still have class to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter