Chapter XII

A Change Of Heart (WinRina x WinNing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, I'm gonna need to stay for a while. Are you sure you want to wait?" Winter asked me. Apparently, she and Karina, along with other officers, will be the ones checking our test papers. They really are in charge of everything this week.


"Yes." I nodded my head.


"Or how about I take you home first?" 


"No, I'll wait." I insisted.


"Just come with me." she held my hand and took me with her. She didn't even let me say anything first but it'd be better than staying alone in the hallway. 


Before she could open the door, I asked her first. "Wait, who's in there?"


"Student council members."


"Is it okay for me to be here?" I feel like I shouldn't be here. 


"Yes, don't worry. Minju is here, too." she told me.


"Really?"


"She's friends with Wonyoung so..." 


"Ah." 


We were greeted by them we we came in. "Oh, Ningning you're here, too." Minju was a bit surprised. She's one of our classmates, if you didn't know.


"She brought me here." I pointed a finger at Winter. 


"Ningie, come here." Karina said and offered me a seat next to hers while Winter is on the other side, sitting next to Wonyoung. 


I didn't talk when I take my seat. I guess, Karina noticed I couldn't keep my eyes off of Wonyoung and Winter so she told me, "Why don't you distract yourself and help me arrange these test papers alphabetically instead?" 


"Okay." I gladly helped her arranging them. 


"I know that look." she spoke to me in a low volume.


"I'm too obvious, aren't I?" I asked her, letting out an awkward laugh.


"It puts you in a bad mood whenever you see her with Wonyoung. I always notice it." 


"Sorry, I can't help it. It's just- the way she talks to Winter is different. She lowkey flirts with her, I can feel it."


"Look, you shouldn't be worried because Minjeong clearly doesn't give a damn about her, believe me." Karina assured me.


"Well, it because I have no control over my feelings." I turned my gaze to Winter and sees Wonyoung laughing because of her. "There's still nothing between us yet I already feel this way. I get annoyed when she makes other girls laugh. Ugh, I'm overreacting, this isn't right." 


"You know, even if it turns out that Wonyoung is into her, for sure, she already knows what to do because she already has you." Karina has a point. According to RJ, Winter is not the type to flirt with someone crushing on her.


"That actually made me feel better. Thank you." I shoot her a smile.


"By the way, Jeno and I are having a meal after this. You two should join us." she said.

 

                                                   ¤¤¤

 

"Hey, before we go home, are you up for a meal?" I asked Winter as soon as she's finished. "Karina invited us to join them." 


She didn't hesitate to say yes. "Yeah, sure. Where to?" 


"I still don't know." Karina showed up in the middle of our conversation. "Let's wait for Jeno." 


We are currently outside the campus, waiting for Karina's boyfriend to arrive. 


"He'll be here in no time." Karina told us.


And in just a few minutes, we can already spot Jeno's car coming our way. 


When Jeno rolled the car window down, I spotted a friend of mine, my guy best friend to be exact, in the passenger seat. 


"Chenle!?" 


"Hey, Ning." they went out of the car so I excitedly made my way to greet them especially Chenle whom I hadn't seen in a long time. I hugged him out of excitement.


Jeno playfully punched his arm. "I told you, she'll be happy to see you."


"Woah, calm down." he said. I bet he was surprised. 


"When did you come back? Why didn't you tell me you're here?" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter