Chapter VII

A Change Of Heart (WinRina x WinNing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, when am I going to meet him?" mom asks.

 

"Should I bring him this Friday? Would that be okay?"

 

"Friday it is, then."

 

I love how supportive my mom is about our relationship. I was expecting her to get mad since I promised them that I will finish school first before I ever get into a relationship but she was happy to know about it.

 

"Where did you meet him?" she asked me again.

 

"Wow, I never thought you'd be interested about my love life." we both laughed.

 

"Oh, come on. Of course, I have to know. He's the first ever guy you had interest with so I wonder, what's so special about him?"

 

 

(Flashback)

 

          It was our school's Sport Fest. Typical scenario wherein girls were fangirling over the basketball players.

 

"Go, Jae!!!!" my friend, Giselle, cheered as loud as she can to support her boyfriend.

 

"Hey, Rina. I can hear his name being cheered on by a bunch of girls over there." she talked to me. Jeez, this girl.

 

"Don't tell me, you're jealous?" I said without looking at her.

 

"Why would I be jealous? I'm the girlfriend, hello?" I laughed at her childishness. "It's just annoying."

 

"We can't do anything about that. He's one of the best players. What do you expect?"

 

"Ugh, why does he have to be so perfect?" she demands.

 

Watching them play is fun even though this isn't really my thing. I never told Giselle about this but I'm crushing on Jaehyun's friend, Lee Jeno. He's also one of the most well-known varsity players in school.

 

When the game finished and their team won, I followed Giselle who immediately went down the bleachers to meet her boyfriend.

 

"Congrats." she greeted him, fixing his wet hair.

 

"Thanks, baby. I liked how you cheered for me." Jaehyun smiled at her.

 

"You heard my voice? But the crowd was so loud." Gigi tells him and Jeno interrupts.

 

"Believe me, you were the loudest." we all laughed.

 

After the players get changed, Giselle asks me, "Rina, can you take a photo of us?"

 

"Sure. Give me your phone."

 

As I take their pictures, I realized, they really look good together. Giselle can be childish at times but she's a great girlfriend and Jaehyun is a pretty good guy, too. No wonder they have a healthy relationship.

 

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Jaehyun's teammates started to yell. I couldn't help but laugh.

 

"Stop it, you guys!" Giselle said but Jaehyun gave her a kiss on the cheek. She was blushing so hard, it's so funny.

 

"Jeno, why don't you take a photo with Karina?" one of them said and it made us embarrassed.

 

Why on earth would they say that?  

 

"Yeah, come on, dude. Man up!"

 

"Stop it, you dickheads." he was obviously shy.

 

"Nah, you stop being a baby. Go and stand beside her." they forced him to take photos with me and I can tell he liked it a lot. His teammate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter