Chapter (22)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm so sorry my love." Baekhyun embraced her and caressed her hair, but a loud gunshot went off all of a sudden, and Baekhyun gasped. He looked at Byeol in his embrace, and tears rolled down his eyes, he slowly fell with Byeol on top of him and they both went unconscious.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

"You scared me!" Jongin sighed and gave Baekhyun the bottle of water in his hand. "Drink this, you're dehydrated." 

 

"Thank you." Baekhyun did realize how much he needed water after finishing it in one go.

 

"Where is my Byeol?" Baekhyun looked around in search of his soulmate. His heart was beating fast, he couldn't wait to see his woman, but when he looked to his right side, he saw Byeol on the other bed, sleeping peacefully.

 

"There she is." Jongin smiled when he saw how relieved the billionaire was to see his soulmate.

 

Baekhyun was already off the bed. He walked straight to where Byeol was and caressed her face while smiling softly. 

 

"How is she?"

 

"She's fine now, that's why you're awake. Kyungsoo was here a while ago, he said she went through a serious shock after she went all out on Dong, that's why she couldn't breathe properly and ended up falling unconscious. He also said that she may have defeated her fear, but he's not yet sure about it." Jongin explained but Baekhyun wasn't surprised about the news.

 

"I felt everything she felt at that moment. It was so new, so strange, so powerful. She was angry, so angry that I thought something happened back at home, but when I noticed that her anger was because of Dong, I began to imagine all the mean and wicked things they've done to Byeol in the past. To tell you the truth, what she experienced back then was totally beyond what I could handle, and when I began to feel weak and short of breath, I realized that Byeol was going to pass out, but I didn't expect to hear a gunshot at closed rang, and that was why our heart dropped immediately and we passed out." 

 

Baekhyun turned his attention to Jongin as he thought about the gunshot. "Who got shot?"

 

"Dong. I shot his right arm when he tried to shoot you. That son of a doesn't deserve to live after he tried to kill you back in London. He's lucky I didn't aim it at his black heart." Jongin frowned as he thought about everything, but Baekhyun smiled.

 

"Thank you so much. You're indeed a very good friend and I'm lucky to have you." The billionaire hugged his friend and he suddenly thought about Kyungsoo.

 

"Where is Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asked after pulling away from the hug.

 

"He just left here a while ago. He said he wanted to use the restroom." Jongin stood up and picked up Kyungsoo's phone. He thought about giving it to the doctor and also talked to him since they haven't spoken to each other ever since he told him about the voice recording.

 

"I will be back shortly." Jongin left the room and Baekhyun sighed. There isn't a day he doesn't think about Kyungsoo, and he had even made calls regarding his surgery, but all the doctors said it was already too late to have surgery done.

 

He stared at a blank space thinking about Kyungsoo and the few weeks he has left to live. He was sad and helpless, he couldn't even help his friend despite all his power, fame, and affluence. 

 

"Baekhyun," Byeol called softly, and the billionaire swiftly looked at her and smiled.

 

"My love, how are you feeling?" He caressed her face, but she immediately embraced him.

 

"I'm fine now that I'm with you. I tried to reach out to you, but you didn't respond to my call. I was so worried and so was mom." She pushed him gently to look at his face, but she was met with his smiling face.

 

"I'm fine honey, and I'm sorry for not answering you, I did that so you won't know where I am. I wanted to protect you."

 

"I know that's why you did that, but are you hurt anywhere?"

 

"I'm not hurt honey." Baekhyun cooed and stared at her intensely and Byeol became shy and she quickly lowered her eyes.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She muttered to his hearing.

 

"Because I want to kiss you." Baekhyun leaned closer to her and before she could sink in what he said, he was already kissing her passionately.

 

Byeol felt like melting, she felt her heart beating fast, and she was enjoying it. She wanted more of Baekhyun, but unfortunately, Sehun had to walk into the room without knocking.

 

"I knew this would be the scene, just as I imagined it would be." Sehun stood tall with his hand in his pocket while looking at the couple kissing.

 

Baekhyun pulled away from the kiss and he glared at Sehun. "Something tells me that I'm going to hate you. Can't you knock?"

 

"Why should I knock when I already knew what you were doing with my innocent cousin. And so you know, I have the same feeling of eventually hating you in the future." Sehun said and Baekhyun frowned.

 

"Whatever." Baekhyun looked at Byeol and smiled softly at her. "Sweetheart, this man over here is your cousin, Oh Sehun. Does the name ring a bell?" Baekhyun asked and Byeol looked at Sehun for a while and nodded slowly.

 

"Yes, it does. My parents told me about Sehun and his family, and how they no longer want anything to do with us, but they didn't tell me why." She looked at Sehun and smiled.

 

"Do you mind telling me about what happened? They refused me from seeing you when I was young and they never told me why. Please enlighten me."

 

"Of course my little princess, I will tell you all that happened." Sehun sat closer to her and he told her every single thing that happened between their families. 

 

Byeol was surprised, she didn't know that so much happened, and to make things worse, there's a man after the lives of soulmates. She looked at Baekhyun with frightened eyes, but Baekhyun quickly embraced her.

 

"Don't worry Byeol, nothing bad will happen to us. That man won't hurt us, so don't worry about it okay?" He caressed her hair and she nodded before looking at Sehun.

 

"Thank you for finding me, and I'm so sorry about your parents, but I'm very excited to finally see my big cousin!" She smiled cutely and Sehun laughed.

 

"Now I see why Baekhyun is so overprotective of you. You're indeed a beauty. I would have hugged you now if you weren't having that terrible phobia." Sehun sighed and Byeol lowered her eyes.

 

"I'm sorry about that brother." 

 

"Don't be sorry my princess, it's not your fault. Don't worry too much, you will overcome it very soon." Sehun stood up and looked at Baekhyun.

 

"Let's go home, I have a lot to catch up on with my sister." 

 

"Of course." Baekhyun kissed Byeol's forehead before leaving the room to speak with doctor Tiffany.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Jongin walked into Kyungsoo's office after knocking twice and got no response. He assumed the doctor wasn't in, so he thought he would just keep his phone on Kyungsoo's table and go back to join Baekhyun and Byeol. 

 

However, the CEO was shocked to see Kyungsoo staring into a blank space. He didn't even notice his presence, he was so lost in his thoughts and Jongin was shocked to see him in such a state.

 

"Are you alright?" Jongin tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and it worked. Kyungsoo gasped and looked at the CEO and he sighed.

 

"Jongin, why are you here? What's wrong?" He sounded off and Jongin noticed it.

 

"Nothing is wrong, I only came here to give you your phone." 

 

"Oh, thank you." Kyungsoo smiled and collected the phone from Jongin, but the CEO held his hand and refused to let go. He locked his eyes with Kyungsoo, but the doctor quickly looked away.

 

"What is going on with you? Are you okay? You seem so off." Jongin asked so many questions at a time and Kyungsoo managed a small smile.

 

"I'm fine Jongin, just feeling a bit tired and worried as well." Kyungsoo lied, but Jongin could see past his lies and he wanted to know the truth.

 

"I don't think this is all about you being tired or worried. I believe there is more to it and I demand to know what it is, please." Jongin pleaded, but it got the doctor angry and sad, and he pulled his hand away from Jongin's hold.

 

"Jongin, I'm fine, so please stop asking me so many questions. I just want to be alone, so please leave!" Kyungsoo yelled at the man he had grown to see as his best friend, he yelled at him because he was concerned about him and that hurt him so deeply. He looked away and turned around to hide his tears and Jongin was extremely shocked. He stood there for a while before he left the office.

 

Once he was gone, Kyungsoo broke into tears. He hated himself for yelling at someone that was only concerned about his well-being. He hated himself for having only a little time left to live and he cried so bitterly.

 

"I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter