Chapter (15)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At eve, Min-Joon arrived home and was welcomed warmly by his wife. She looked relaxed, unlike earlier in the morning. He approached her and hugged her, but she pulled away and pulled him into their bedroom.

 

The act was unusual to Min-Joon. He knew his wife wasn't the type to be secret around the house, and it made him curious.

 

"What's going on?" He asked and Yoo-ran smiled before sitting down on the bed. She tapped closer to her, gesturing for him to sit beside her and the man did the same.

 

"I believe everything that Baekhyun said earlier, but I didn't want to Shi-ah to think that I'm on Byeol's side, so I had to play along." Yoo-ran lied. She had already made up her mind regarding her plan to separate Baekhyun and Byeol.

 

Min-Joon was surprised. He couldn't believe his ears. However, he was glad his wife didn't believe them. He easily believed her because he had always known her to be a caring and loving woman.

 

"You've made me so happy with what you just told me. I was sad that you didn't believe our son, but now I understand why you acted the way you did this morning. Shi-ah and her family are dangerous, we should play the game according to the way they want it."

 

"Of course honey. I will pay Baekhyun and Byeol a surprise visit when our son returns to Korea. I need to know Byeol more and look for a way to get rid of Shi-ah and her family." 

 

"Of course, we need to spend some time with them and get to know Byeol better. She's a sweet and innocent girl, I promise you will love her." Min-Joon smiled and Yoo-ran frowned. Hearing her husband speak so sweetly about someone he hasn't met was strange.

 

"The way you speak of her makes me think you've already met her. Have you?"

 

The man knew that he had said far too much about Byeol. He can't tell his wife that Byeol is currently in London because Baekhyun asked him not to. He quickly smiled and shook his head.

 

"No honey, I haven't met her yet, but I think she will be a sweet child."

 

"I see. Well, let's wait till we meet her, then we'll know if she's sweet and innocent." Yoo-ran smiled softly, but deep down her heart, she was seriously angry talking about Byeol.

 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒

 

The clouds were already dark. The silver moon stood out bright in the sky, its light illuminating the darkness in Baekhyun's room.

 

The billionaire laid on his bed with many thoughts clouding his mind. His father had left earlier and assured him that he would make sure he talked to his mother. However, he couldn't forget the anger and hatred he saw in his mother's eyes towards Byeol. He felt sad knowing that his mother still holds a grudge towards his soulmate, the girl he has grown to love more than anything in the world.

 

He was still lost in thought when he heard a knock at his door. He blinked his eyes open and stared at his closed door for a few seconds.

 

"Who's that?" He asked.

 

"It's me, Byeol."

 

The moment he heard the name of the woman he loves dearly, he got off the bed and rushed over to the door, and pulled it open. 

 

When their eyes met, he found himself smiling softly at her and his eyes lingered at the beautiful smile gracing Byeol's face.

 

He held her by the hand and led her into his room. He sat her on his bed before giving her a glass of water. The billionaire could see how tired she looked, and he knew that it was because of Nick who kept on suggesting different types of games to play.

 

"You look tired as if you ran a marathon race. Why didn't you come to sleep earlier?" Baekhyun asked when Byeol was done drinking the water, and the beauty smiled before lowering her head.

 

"I was enjoying the games Nick kept introducing to me, and then we did some math work and I won throughout." She giggled at her victory and Baekhyun smiled. 

 

He stared at her for a while and all he wanted to do at that moment was to embrace her to himself and tell her how much he loves her, but he couldn't do that. 

 

He laid on the bed and tapped on the space beside him, gesturing for her to come over to lay next to him, and she did.

 

Byeol laid beside him, and just like every other day, she felt the same way she always does whenever she's closer to Baekhyun.

 

She looked him in the eye before looking away while biting her bottom lip. She turned her back against him and pulled the blanket over her body and blinked her eyes closed.

 

She has so many questions of which there are no answers. She seriously wanted to know why she feels that way for only Baekhyun and no one else, and she decided to ask her soulmate.

 

*Hello Hyun. Are you still awake?*  

She asked and immediately Baekhyun heard her call. He looked at her and smiled before answering her.

 

*Yes Byeol, I'm awake. What's wrong? Are you okay?*   *No, I'm not okay at all.*

 

Baekhyun turned towards her and carefully observed her to see if she was crying or hurting, but nothing of such. He was about to reply to her call when he suddenly felt restless and uneasy. At that moment he knew that something was bothering Byeol.

 

*What's wrong? Please tell me.*   *It's about my Baekhyun.*

 

On hearing the word 'my Baekhyun' the billionaire's heart was extremely filled with joy. Before she always referred to him as her master, but today she referred to him as her Baekhyun. The billionaire smiled, but he didn't stop asking.

 

*What about him? What did he do to you?*   *He did nothing to me.*   *Then what is wrong?*   *I have a strange feeling for him and I don't know why. I lose my breath anytime I set my eyes on him, my heart beats faster when he walks by, my skin tickles whenever I'm closer to him and I get butterflies dancing in my stomach whenever he touches or holds me. What are all these feelings and why do I feel this way towards him alone?*

 

Baekhyun stared at a blank space as Byeol's words resounded in his head over and over again. The billionaire was very much aware of his feelings for Byeol and on the other hand, his innocent soulmate is deeply in love with him.

 

He knew that she was suffering silently and he felt bad knowing that he's the cause of it.

 

*I'm so sorry Byeol. I can't tell you much about what you're feeling now, but very soon all will be clear to you.*

 

Baekhyun shut himself off before she could ask more questions. He looked at his soulmate and gently pulled her closer to himself.

 

Feeling the touch of Baekhyun on her body, Byeol quickly opened her eyes but she was met with a soft gaze staring down at her.

 

"Still awake?" Baekhyun asked. This time around he was caressing her face and she nodded gently.

 

"Yes."

 

"Try to get some sleep, you've been stressing yourself all day. Sleep now, okay?" He smiled and leaned closer to her and kissed her forehead and Byeol felt cold chills running down her spine. 

She looked Baekhyun in the eye before slowly blinking her eyes closed.

 

She was extremely glad sleeping in Baekhyun's embrace, that was more than enough to ask for and luckily the billionaire was more than ready to have her in his embrace.

 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Sena sighed deeply in frustration as she stared at the wall clock. It was 11:57 pm and Kyungsoo wasn't yet back. She has tried calling him several times, but the doctor wasn't picking up.

 

It's been a week since she became she had with her husband, and ever since then, so much has changed in his behavior towards her. 

 

He barely spends time with her whenever she's not on duty, he no longer talks freely with her like he used to. 

He now acts as a different man and it was becoming difficult for Sena to bear.

 

For the past one hear she was happily living with Kyungsoo despite knowing that the doctor had no feelings for her. They were friends and they talked very friendly and they lived comfortably with each other. 

 

Sena never complained, she was okay being Kyungsoo's friend, but now everything has changed. She saw her world slowly crumbling down to ruin and there was nothing she could do about it.

 

She felt so help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter