Epilogue

The Soldier and His Protector

Yunho stood at the spot they had marked as San's grave, refusing to move from his spot. He was the last one there, as everyone had backed away to let him have his space. Yunho was keeping his hands in his hoodie pockets as he studied the cross on the grave marker.

"We'll make it," said Yunho as he nodded. "I'll make you proud of me, okay?" He asked, a soft smile on his face as he nodded to himself.

"Yunho," called Seungwoo. "Are you ready?" He asked. "In a second!" Yunho called back, turning his body to look at Seungwoo before turning back and looking at San's grave marker.

"I know, I'm crazy for asking Seungwoo to teach me to work with my blind spot but I think we'll work it out," said Yunho. "I'll get going now, wish me luck," he said, turning and walking back to where Seungwoo was waiting.

 

~



Yunho was currently fighting blindfolded, as Seungwoo figured that the best way to cover the blind spot was to fight like he was blind in both eyes. Hanse and Chan were currently going at him on both sides, ready to leap forward as they rushed forward. Yunho let out a deep breath, concentrating on his sense of hearing before moving quickly as the two wolves converged on him. Yunho spun around, grabbing Hanse and yanking him forward, over his shoulder and straight into Chan who was about to tag him.

The sounds of footsteps alerted Yunho to another enemy as MK leaped forward, going straight for him. Yunho quickly bent backwards, letting MK fly over him and straight into Gunmin who was about to go at him from behind. The four wolves got to their feet, growling at Yunho who was only slightly out of breath as he panted, letting the adrenaline keep him from completely falling to his knees from exhaustion.

"That's enough," said Seungwoo as he was watching the spar from the back deck. "Break time," he called. Yunho removed the blindfold, opening his eyes as he looked up at Seungwoo.

"You're getting better," said Seungwoo as he nodded. "I knew this would be a way to go," he said. "It's perfect," said Yunho as he wiped his forehead, sitting down with a relieved sigh. Gunmin walked over after changing and putting on his clothes with a bottle of water, handing it to Yunho who took it and drank from it quickly, downing it in seconds.

"We'll have to get everyone in on it," said MK as he walked over after changing and putting on his clothes. "Only 4 wolves isn't going to simulate a real battle," he added. "Believe me, I want to have everyone," said Seungwoo. "But it won't help," he added. "Yunho would know, as he grew up as a child soldier like I did," he said.

"Having as little as possible would work better, considering," hummed Yunho. "As we're going with the scenario that everyone is fighting with other wolves and you're by yourself," he said.

"We'll have to ask Chani and his coven to help too," said Seungwoo. "Them and the dogs," he added. "Vampire speed is going to be a bit harder to pick up on," said Yunho. "But I never asked you to go easy on me," he said with a chuckle, getting up.

"You'll have backup for this one," said Seungwoo. "But don't think that because you have back up I'll ask them to go easy," he added. "I don't expect any less," said Yunho as he nodded.

 

~



Yunho listened to the sounds of fighting around him, MK and Gunmin dealing with their enemies as the wolf 'shifters that had consisted of Hoetaek, Yanan and Hyojong took them on. Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong were currently somewhere, and it was Yunho's job to pick up on their movements while in human form.

There. Movement to his left. Yunho moved as quick as his body would allow him as Sungyeol slammed into him, causing Yunho to grunt in pain as he tried to stand his ground. Sparring in human form was worse than sparring in wolf form, but Seungwoo was a tough teacher.

"Get him!" Shouted Sungyeol. Damn, a rouse? Yunho was quick, but not quick enough as Myungsoo came from his right and slammed into him. "How will you get out of this now huh?" Asked Sungjong as he stood behind him, a knife to his neck.

"I don't need to," Yunho said with a smirk as MK and Gunmin came for his rescue, leaping towards Yunho. Yunho managed to wrench his way out of both Sungyeol and Myungsoo's grasps before ducking as the two wolves forced Sungjong to back up a few feet as they landed behind Yunho.

"Alright, you can stop now," shouted Chani as he pushed away from the railing he had been leaning against. Yunho removed his blindfold, feeling like he had been run over by a truck as he let himself drop to the ground. "Sorry," said Sungyeol as he walked over with a bottle of water for him. "No problem," said Yunho as he downed the bottle in seconds.

"Maybe he shouldn't've asked us to train you," said Chani as he walked over with another water bottle and handed it to Yunho. "No, I'm fine really," said Yunho, taking the bottle and downing half of it before putting it down. "Just frustrated is all," he said. "I have to train my body and my senses to react to vampires now, it'll take a bit," he said.

"How'd it go?" Asked Seungwoo as he walked into view on the deck. "Failed," said Chani as he shook his head. "His reactions are slow, but it's due to him being in human form," he said. Seungwoo nodded. "That's normal," he said. "No one can match a vampire's speed unless you're contract bound to one or what have you," he said. "You did well though," he added. "Thank you," said Yunho as he downed the rest of his water.

 

~



Yunho was getting better at his reactions, at least, to the point where he was dodging Sungyeol and Myungsoo most of the time now. Sungjong was a different matter entirely, but he held out long enough for Gunmin and MK to come to his rescue so there was progress. Chani gave pointers, even demonstrating the best ways to counter a vampire attack when he was alone.

Now Yunho fought without his blindfold, getting even better at the spars as he was able to compensate for his blind left side by focusing on his hearing more than his sight.

Yunho panted as he stood before Chani who was now joining in on the spars. "You give up yet?" Asked Chani. "Hell no," spat Yunho as he jumped out of the way of Sungyeol and Myungsoo, flipping over Sungjong as said vampire rushed forward and landing roughly on his feet before falling to his knees. Chani rushed forward, before being tackled by MK and Gunmin and stopping him in his tracks.

"I did it," said Yunho as he tried to get his breathing under control. "I did it," he repeated. "Nice job," said Chani as he backed away, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong moving to where Chani was standing. MK and Gunmin growl, going to stand in front of Yunho, protecting him as Hoetaek, Yanan and Hyojong came at them from behind.

"The final test huh?" Asked Yunho as he got to his feet, turning around to face the wolf 'shifters. "Let's go," said Yunho, and the three of them rushed forward towards their targets. Chani rushed forward, causing everyone else to, and the sounds of bodies crashing into each other was loud in the forest around Chani's coven house.

Yunho flpped over the three wolves as they crashed into each other, landing on his feet before rushing forward to help MK and Gunmin. Working together as a team was always their strong point, even now, as they battled Chani and his coven. Now MK and Gunmin worked to cover Yunho's blind spot while Yunho worked to at least last until the battle was declared done.

"Oi," came a voice, causing the fighting to stop immediately. Yunho was trying to catch his breath, panting hard as he fell to his knees. "Damn," he said. "There wasn't going to be a winner there anyway," said Ace as he walked over with Ayno.

"You held out longer than we gave you credit for," said Chani as he held out a hand for Yunho to grab. Yunho grabbed it, and let Chani pull him to his feet.

"Fighting in human form too? You got guts kid," said Ace. "Yeah yeah," said Yunho as he waved it off.

"What brings you two here?" Asked Chani. "Was in the area," said Ace. "Heard about what happened to San, everyone sends their condolences," he said. "Thanks," said Yunho as he turned to Ace after catching his breath.

Ayno whistles. "Damn, nice scar you got there," he said. "Can you even see out of that eye?" He asked. "No," said Yunho as he shrugged. "I've been training for months to work with the blind spot in human form," he said. "It's easy to incorporate the training in wolf form, but I needed to do a lot of the training in human form," he said. "Makes sense," said Ayno.

"What did you need?" Asked Yunho. "Mashiho and Yedam have some missions for you," said Ace. "Really?" Asked Yunho. "Where are we going?" He asked. "Europe," said Ace. "We're not going after that human are we?" Asked Yunho. "No no, just some missions to ease you back into doing them," said Ace.

"Right, I've been cleared for doing missions again," hummed Yunho. "Well MK, Gunmin," he said, turning to said people. "Ready for a round of missions in Europe?" He asked. MK and Gunmin nod, quickly going to change and put on their clothes. "Good luck, stay safe," said Chani. "Will do," said Yunho as he nodded.

 

~



Yunho stared at the grave marker for the last time until he got back from Europe. "I'm going away on missions," he said. "I don't know when I'll be back but I'll try and bring a souvenir for you," he said. "I'll be back soon, okay?" He asked, before turning and walking back to where MK and Gunmin were waiting, ready to go.