Chapter 16

The Soldier and His Protector

"So what's the verdict?" Asked Yunho as he looked between everyone. "Innocent," said Mashiho as he leaned back in his chair. "The reason isn't because of that actually," said Eunwoo. "Dami said you had nothing to do with what happened," he said. "We asked her and she could only remember one person in the room," he said.

"She would've been here but she's at Yuto's place for a bit until we're done here," said Rocky. "Vampires still scare her huh?" Asked Yunho. "Pretty much," said Eunwoo. "She'll be fine since Jaemin's back," he said.

"So you just wanted an opinion from me?" Asked Yunho. "You've been stuck with him for months now," said Eunwoo. "We knew he was innocent, but we wanted to hear it from someone who had nothing to do with the situation," he said.

"Why go through with the trial then?" Asked Yunho. "Moonbin wanted to," said Eunwoo. "I mean when Moonbin found out he was still alive he wanted to, despite the evidence that pointed to his innocence," he said.

"You fought for it," said Mashiho. "So I guess that's all we can do," he said. "Well, that's it then," said Yunho as he got to his feet. "If there's nothing more to this trial I should get going," he said.

"Stop by the Starbucks later, we got things to discuss," said Mashiho. "Concerning?" Asked Yunho. "Yours and MK's jobs," said Mashiho. "MK will be there," he added. "Alright," said Yunho as he bowed before leaving. Gunmin quickly stood up, bowing before following after Yunho.

 

~



"...Ah, Sungyeol?" Asked Yunho as he ran into said vampire on the way out. "Is this where you go for information?" He asked. "When even Chani's network doesn't have it I usually come here yeah," said Sungyeol. "Huh, Chani wonders where you disappear off to if you're not at Yuto's Starbucks," said Yunho.

"You'd be surprised, at how much more extensive Ace's network is compared to Chani's," said Sungyeol as he shrugged before entering the coffee shop.

Gunmin turned to Yunho, questions visible in his eyes. "I don't know," said Yunho as he turned to Gunmin. "But I told you it'd work out didn't I?" He asked, the corners of his lips twitching upwards in a smile. Gunmin nodded, and they headed back to the jeep.

"Well, let's go to Starbucks," said Yunho before he started the jeep, pulling out of his parking spot and heading towards Yuto's Starbucks.

 

~



MK was waiting on them inside Starbucks when Yunho showed up with Gunmin. Yunho went to get their orders before sitting down across from MK who looked exhausted. Gunmin went to wait on their drinks, his hands in his pockets as he stared off into space.

"What's wrong?" Asked Yunho. "Nightmares again," hummed MK. "How did you handle it before?" He asked. "Same way I always do," said Yunho. "I don't let them get to me," he said. "Does it work?" Asked MK. "Surprisingly well," said Yunho. "Gunmin is a strong barrier against the nightmares though," he said. MK hummed in response.

"Don't bother with the contract though, if you're thinking about it," said Yunho. "Gunmin's case was special, I get it," said MK. "It's good though, that he wasn't found guilty," he said. "I'd hate to see the both of you dead because of something he didn't do," he said.

Gunmin walked over with their drinks, setting Yunho's down on the table before sitting down and taking a sip of his own drink. "Thanks," said Yunho as he reached over and took his drink into his hands, taking a sip.

 

~



"I have a mission for the three of you," said Mashiho as he sat between the three of them, pulling up a chair as he did so. "What's up?" Asked MK as he looked at Mashiho. "I need a blood den taken care of," said Mashiho. "But there's a catch," said Yunho as he raised an eyebrow.

"I normally don't ask to move marked humans for anyone but this one seems important," said Mashiho as he crossed his arms over his chest. "How important?" Asked MK. "Important enough to catch the attention of one of the most powerful vampires in Europe right now," said Mashiho.

"Enough for them to come out of hiding huh?" Asked MK as he looked between Yunho and Gunmin who were contemplating the mission details. "Where are we moving her to?" Asked Yunho. "How do you know she's a female?" Asked Mashiho. "Most blood dens consist of females," said Yunho. "That's what San told me anyway," he added. Mashiho hummed in response.

"Besides," said Yunho as he shifted in his seat. "If we're dealing with a marked human she must be more than just a marked human to them at this point," he said.

"Where are we taking her?" Asked MK. "Back to Chani's place," said Mashiho. "From there you'll see the ones picking her up," he said. "This could get dangerous for you, so you have the choice to back out now," he said.

"When have we not backed out of a mission?" Asked Yunho. "We'll take it," he said. Mashiho nodded.

"When do we need to get her?" Asked MK. "As soon as you're ready, the vampires coming to get her are moving her to Kevin's territory," said Mashiho. "Kevin gave his consent?" Asked Yunho. "No, but she needs to be hidden, and no one goes to Norway, Sweden, or Finland unless they want a death wish," said Mashiho.

"We'll get ready," said Yunho. "Send us a location and we'll have her out of there within the next week or so," he said.

"Who are we handing her off to again?" Asked MK. "Sungyeol's younger brother, Daeyeol and a covenmate of his named Bomin," said Mashiho. "Is that why Sungyeol showed up after we left?" Asked Yunho. Mashiho nodded.

"They're good people, believe me," said Mashiho. "I don't doubt you," said Yunho. "We'll have to do some planning and scouting before taking out the blood den," said MK. "I'll see if San will come help," said Yunho. MK nodded.