oo6 || new family

the pursuit of happiness
 
06
 
new family
Jaehyun warily watched as the car arrived at the Jung’s residence. His parents and his brother are already waiting for his arrival. He informed them earlier this morning and his mother are throwing a fit on the sudden announcement. Something about having to cook for her son and his newly acquired sons. It's at least comforting to know that she's quite welcoming with the kids' existence.

"Samchon? Is this your home too? It's so big," Jeno commented in awe as he saw the big entrance door.

Jaehyun smiled as he stepped out of the car and help Jeno get out of the car seat. He went to Sungchan's side and pick the babbling baby up, showering him with kisses, earning squeals in return. He took Jeno's hand and walk towards the doorstep.

"Ready to see your halmae, halbae, and samchon?"

"Are they good people like you?"

"Oh, of course baby. You will like them and they will definitely like you," Jaehyun smiled softly.
Before he had the chance to knock the door, it already opened. Jungwoo stood with a happy grin on his face. His wavy honey-colored locks moved as he jumped.

"Hyung!" He hugged his brother and let him go quickly when he heard a small whine.

"You're crushing my son. And yeah, I miss you too," Jaehyun commented dryly.

Jungwoo looked at the small baby who's blinking his eyes and yawning cutely. He then looked down to see a small kid peeking curiously from behind Jaehyun's legs.

"Jeno-ya? This is Jungwoo samchon. He is my little brother," Jaehyun tugged the kid's hand softly. Jeno stepped out and shyly wave his hand.

"I am Jeno."

Jungwoo immediately gaped at the cute little voice before dropping to his knees to coo at the kid.

"You are much cuter than the pictures my hyung sent me. Oh my god, can I hug you?"

Jeno looked up at Jaehyun and Jaehyun nodded softly. Jeno grinned before shyly going into Jungwoo's open arms, causing the latter to squeal happily. Jeno didn't mind it. He loves hugs and his samchon did say this person is good so he didn't mind it. He likes the attention anyway.

Just at that moment, the door opened, revealing Jaehyun's parents who gaped at the scene before them. It's unclear which one surprised them more. Jungwoo on the floor hugging a kid or Jaehyun with a baby in his arms.

"Eomma, appa," Jaehyun took the initiative to come forward with a tinge of hesitation. His mother paused before looking at the baby in his arms who suddenly thought it was a good time to start giggling happily.

"Oh my god…."

"Ma...?" Jaehyun looked up anxiously.

"He's so cute!!" His mother gushed as she tried to take the baby into her arms. Thankfully, Sungchan is naturally not fussy so the baby basked in the attention he's getting happily.

"Oh my, darling, look at his smile!" Mrs. Jung turned to her husband.

"Ma, this one too. This kid's an angel!" Jungwoo exclaimed as he peeled himself from Jeno's body, gently shoving the kid forward.

"Hi, little man," Jaehyun's father greeted softly. Jeno looked back to Jaehyun in panic and Jaehyun stepped forward to put an arm around his tensed son.

"I am Jeno," the kid squeaked softly.

"Oh, my, hello. I am halmeoni! This is your harabeoji!" Jaehyun's mom smiled before handing the baby to his shocked husband, who quickly soften at the baby in his arms.

Jeno peered up at Jaehyun uncertainly, "Is halmeoni... halmae?"

"Oh, yes, halmae."

"Halmae!" Jeno nodded.

Mrs. Jung beamed, "Come inside, Jeno. What is your favorite food?"

"Um... samchon's chicken," he said as he pointed to Jaehyun.

"You cooked him soy sauce chicken?" His mom asked him and Jaehyun nodded softly.

"Do you know? That is also Jaehyun's favorite food! I cooked that today!"

Jeno beamed and skidded happily to the dining room.

"Sit here, next to me!" Jungwoo said as he steered Jeno his side. Jeno turned to Jaehyun immediately who grinned.

"I'll sit next to you too," he assured the kid. Jeno swing his feet happily as he sat between the two Jung brothers, enjoying the attention he's getting.

Sungchan the sweet little baby is sitting happily on his appa’s lap, giggling to himself.

"Wow, hyung, I never thought you'd be this good with kids!" Jungwoo exclaimed.

"I'm a natural," Jaehyun shrugged pridefully and Jungwoo rolled his eyes.

"Now's that everything's clear, shall I set you up on a date with someone?" His mother chirped as lunch ended.

"Eomma…."

"You promised me on the phone, young man," her mother sent him a pointed look, wiggling her finger at his direction.

"I know, I know. But not now, okay."

"Next week."

Jaehyun sighed as he nodded in defeat. Who is him to deny the matriarch of the house?

 




"Samchon? We sleep here tonight?" Jeno asked as they exited the bathroom.

"Yes, baby. Because halmae, halbae, and Jungwoo samchon wants to spend time with you," Jaehyun explained as he dried Jeno's body with the fluffy towel.

"Come on. Up!"

Jeno cheered as he lifted his hands, allowing Jaehyun to put on his pajamas on him.

"Samchon sleeps here to? With Jeno and Sungchan?"

Jaehyun nodded as he patted Jeno's head.

"Go wait in the bed, I'll cradle Sungchan to sleep first," Jaehyun chided softly. Jeno nodded as he sat on the bed patiently.

"Do you sleep here often?"

Jaehyun nodded, "When I was your age, this was my bedroom. See the picture there? It was me in high school," Jaehyun pointed to a picture hung on the wall, showing him and his friends.

"Is that Lucas samchon and Ten samchon?"

"Yes, you're right. They don't change at all, don't they?" Jaehyun smiled.

"Is that samchon?" Jeno pointed to a figure in the middle of the portrait.

"Yes, that's me."

"Your hair changed," Jeno pointed out innocently. Jaehyun smiled as he brushed off his brown locks. They used to be black but now he preferred dying them brown.

"That is Jungwoo samchon? The small one?"

Jaehyun chuckled, "Yes... that's Woo."

"And who is that?"

"That's Mark samchon. That's Dejun samchon. The one next to me, that's Sicheng samchon."

"And the girl?"

"Oh... that's… that’s Yerim imo."

"Am I gonna meet them?" Jeno asked curiously.

"Of course, maybe one day."

"The imo is so pretty," Jeno commented at the girl in the picture who was hugging Jaehyun's waist. Jaehyun was smiling brightly, an arm around her and the other one on Sicheng's head. She was indeed pretty.

Jaehyun kept answering Jeno's question as the boy asked random questions about things inside his room. It turned silent suddenly and Jaehyun noticed the kid was already knocked out cold. He grinned as he tucked Sungchan next to Jeno, before covering the latter with the quilt. He kissed both of their foreheads before exiting his room.
He went out of his room and saw the door to his father's study opened. He walked there and softly knocked the door, finding his father reading a book inside.

"Oh, son. Come in," his father invited him in warmly. Jaehyun smiled before taking the seat across him.

"I had a phone call with the new director of the Qingdao, Shandong branch earlier this evening. He was thankful to you for helping a lot."

"I'm glad my 6 months there were spent wisely," Jaehyun smiled.

"Wise enough to go back home with two children?"

Jaehyun visibly winced and his father chuckled.

"Trust me, son, your mother and I are supportive towards your every decision. We have always been, right? It's just having a child is a very big responsibility. Let alone two. And you also have to get married. You know your mom had already listed a few potential wives for you, right?"

Jaehyun hung his head and nodded.

"We both knew, between you and your little brother, you have always been the kinder one. Don't get me wrong, your brother is also a kind person, but you always act like a saint compared to him. With that heart of yours, it's no question you'd make a rash decision to adopt two kids at once. But you have to know that it's a big responsibility you have to fulfill. Later, you'd probably get married. There are possibilities of you and your wife wanting to get a child of your own. You have to learn how to divide attention and care between your blood child and your adopted ones. You have to tell your adopted kids about their origins, especially Sungchan since Jeno seemed like he's known most of it. You have to make sure both boys grew up well."

"I know, appa. I admit it was a rash decision but I was so sure when I made it. It's as if those boys were destined to be mine in the first place."

"I'm glad you realized it. I hope you'll raise them well, okay? And still find yourself a wife," his father chided gently and Jaehyun groaned,

"Ah, appaaa!"
Just then Jaehyun heard some shuffling noise.

"Wait a minute," he stood up and opened the door. Just as he expected, Jeno is standing in the middle of the hallway looking scared, his bunny in one hand, the other one rubbing his tired eyes.
Jaehyun smiled before opening the door wider, "Jeno-ya?"

Jeno let out a relieved smile before running for Jaehyun's embrace.

"Samchon!"

Jaehyun carried him inside and his father smiled as he watched his son picking his own son into his lap.

"Why did Jeno wake up?" He asked his grandson gently.

"Jeno scared. Samchon gone," the boy whined softly.

"He always sleeps with you?"

Jaehyun nodded at his father's question, "Yes, appa. All of his life occurrences… traumatized him a bit, so he always needs to sleep with someone."

Jeno looked at the two adults curiously.

"Halbae?"

"Yes, honey?"

"You are samchon's appa?"

Jaehyun's father smiled warmly.

"Yes, I am Jaehyun's appa."

"Is that why he called you appa?"

"Of course, it is."

Jeno pondered a bit as he played with his Mr. Bunny.

"Samchon?"

"Hmm?"

"You are Jeno's appa nowright?"

"Yes, baby, I've told you before, right?"

Jeno nodded.

"Then… can I call you appa too?" Jeno asked innocently.

Jaehyun had been referring himself as samchon most of the time, only slipping into calling himself appa a few times, and most of it towards Sungchan. Jeno felt a little envious seeing Jaehyun and Jungwoo who had someone to call appa. He wanted one too.

Meanwhile Jaehyun had his eyes completely wide. He never pressured Jeno to start calling him appa since he knew the kid was comfortable calling him samchon, and truthfully, he didn't really mind the title. But to hear Jeno asking if he could call him appa, he must admit his heart melts a little. Okay, maybe a lot.

"Of course, honey, I'd be happy for you to call me that," Jaehyun hugged his son to his chest.

Jeno happily enjoyed his appa’s hug.

"Appa!"

Mr. Jung smiled as he watched the heartwarming sight before him. He shouldn't have worried in the first place. Jaehyun would naturally be a great father.
A/N
Hi!
The two angels finally meet the rest of Jaehyun's family, and what did I say...? Everyone loved them!
Stay tune for the the continuation of our two babies and their appa's story!
Thank you for those who read-subscribed-commented-upvoted my story. It means a lot to me!
Also, promo corner: Yesung just released a pre-release song titled Phantom Pain, and boy, that song is so good??! If you want something RnB-Jazzy-Ballady, and you want to hear something said without having to hear ear-piercing high notes, go check that song out. It's such a sad song despite having a chill music lol. I really love that song!
Love, btfg <3