o33 || never have i ever

the pursuit of happiness
 
33
 
never have i ever
Later that night, after a tearful parting with the kids, Jaehyun drove the two of them to the high-end bar that Ten booked.

"Oooh, cool interior design," Yerim mused as they entered the place. It's quite packed, but Ten booked a private area so they could hang out in peace.
"Eh, it's our beloved couple! Come sit down, you lovebirds!" Lucas hollered.

Yerim rolled her eyes as she took the seat between Ten and Jaehyun.

"Fashionably late, gee," Ten snickered as he pushed two shot glasses towards the couple.

"Jeno and Sungchan acted like we were trying to abandon them. Took more time than expected," Jaehyun shrugged as he set the shot glasses aside. He's not planning on getting wasted by strong booze tonight. He'll stick to mixed drinks and probably a glass or two of beer.

"Eonni, when are you free next week? I want you to become one of my bridesmaids. I think we need to alter the dress since you're pretty slim," Huiqing quipped.

"Sure! I'm quite free next week. On Tuesday?"

"Nice! I'll message you again later, okay?" Huiqing smiled happily.

"Will you be one of Ten's groomsmen then?" Yerim turned to Jaehyun who nodded at her question.

"I got fitted for the suit two days ago," he shrugged.

"Anyways, the guys from the States will be coming!" Ten announced.

"Will that witch be present too?" Jungwoo spoke up in distaste.

"What witch?" Mark blinked confusedly.

"Jae hyung’s ex from hell," Jungwoo jutted his lips towards Jaehyun, which ignited laughter from Yerim, Sicheng, and Ten.
"Jaehyun hyung had an ex?!" Dejun balked.

"He's not that much of a hermit, Jun. But, well, just see for yourself what kind of girlfriend he had back then," Sicheng grinned.

"Yah! I won't be dating her if it wasn't for you and Ten and the guys pressuring me! I told all of you I didn't like her," Jaehyun protested.

"What is she like?" Mark tuned in excitedly while Jaehyun groaned before burying his face in his hands.

"Awful! Just, how can my brother associate himself with that creature! Comparing her to Yerim noona would be pointless since that Cruella de Vil is lacking in so many aspects!" Jungwoo huffed.

"Are you excited about meeting Jaehyun hyung's ex, noona?" Lucas piped in.
"Been there, done that," Yerim shrugged casually before sipping on her mocktail.

"You've met her?! Oh, this is exciting!" Ten clapped his hands.

"Is she that bad?" Mark scratched his head.

"She's like a hybrid between Ten and Jungwoo, go figure," Sicheng smirked.

"What the hell? Hey, don’t drag me into this! I've got a much better fashion sense!" Ten protested.

“And I’m definitely better than that evil thing!” Jungwoo huffed.
"Yeah, you dressed better," Yerim shuddered as she remembered Hana's polka dotted dress and fuchsia lips.

"What's your impression of her?" Dejun asked.

"Um… I don't know? I was not in my right mind that day. An accident nearly happened in the grocery store. My kids were hungry, I hadn't finished cooking, then she came yelling things in a language that my kids don't understand, Sungchan cried, Jeno declared war with her… I guess I was just confused and annoyed?"

"Accident in the grocery store?!"

"Yeah, we were standing near the ramen section and several boxes came tumbling down, nearly hitting Jeno," Jaehyun explained.

"Wow, she's got bad timing then. So, she talked in English at your home?" Yiyang quipped.

"Yeah,” Yerim shrugged.

"Did you talk much with her?" Ten turned to Jaehyun.

"We're mostly arguing, and she's still as wacky as she did in the past. Maybe more, I was tired and annoyed that day, I don't really remember much."

"How can you be so cool, noona? If Ten's ex ever appeared, I would've been so mad!" Huiqing said, giving her fiancée a side-eye as if threatening him.

"She gave me a silent treatment for two days," Jaehyun answered.

"That was just you being dumb, hyung. She wasn't ignoring you!" Jungwoo rolled his eyes. Yerim laughed and sent a wink towards him.

"Anyways, be prepared to see that devil incarnate again in two weeks. You guys have to witness her yourself!" Jungwoo cackled.
"Enough with harassing Jaehyun hyung guys. Let's play a drinking game!" Lucas cahooted.

"Ooh, sounds like fun. What game?" Yiyang grinned.

"Shall we play never have I ever?" Lucas beamed.

"You're acting like a teenage frat boy," Jaehyun groaned.

"And you're such an old-fashioned spoilsport. Come on, it'll be fun. There's 10 of us here, the number is perfect," Sicheng grinned.

"Great! I'll start! Never have I ever…Hmm, let's start easy and eliminate a quick opponent," Jungwoo grinned evilly as the others stared at him warily.

"Never have I ever...had !"
Everyone laughed when Sicheng and Yiyang grunted as they each folded down a finger.

"It's not fair! We're married!"

Jungwoo shrugged and exchanged a fist bump with Lucas.

"Okay, my turn. Never have I ever...been hospitalized!" Lucas grinned which ignited protesting sounds from the table. It turned out that he's really the only one who's never been hospitalized.

"The only time I've stayed in a hospital was when I was born, and I was allowed to go home after 2 nights only. I was one healthy kid," he boasted.

"Good for you then. Alright, I'll continue. Never have I ever...been in detention!"

Yiyang and Huiqing grinned when they were saved as the others folded their fingers.
"Yerim eonni? You've been in detention?!" Huiqing balked. It was clearly a surprise because Yerim doesn’t strike as someone rebellious.

"It was because of your fiancée! He poured the wrong solution and we nearly burned down the chemistry lab!" She protested.

"God, I don't know why Ten was so stupid back then," Jaehyun mused.

"Yah! You piece of !"
The game continued on until it was the last person, Sicheng. So far, Ten is guaranteed to lose with 7 folded fingers.

"Last one! Hm… let's make this interesting. I'll make it specific," Sicheng grinned.

"Ooh, that's intriguing!" Lucas remarked.

"Never have I ever… shared my first kiss with someone at this table!" Sicheng chuckled evilly.
"Huh?"
Everyone looked around confusedly since the majority in the table are guys, there's no way they kissed each other. And then Ten and Huiqing, and also Sicheng and Yiyang, had been in other relationships before ending up with each other. That means…
"Jaehyun hyung and Yerim noona?! Wait, you have your first kiss like this year? At 28 years old?!" Jungwoo balked while the couple shrunk on their seats.
They're both turning red in embarrassment.
"Nope! They had it way before that," Sicheng smirked.

"What? But they just got together now! What the … does that mean… in high school?!?!"
The couple nodded timidly while the table erupted into chaos.
"What? How come I didn't know and you know it, Cheng? Yah, Jaehyun! Rim!" Ten yelled.

"When was it? Wow, I'm genuinely shocked right now!" Lucas gaped.

"Prom night," Sicheng grinned.
"Wait, prom? But the four of us went together!" Ten interjected.

"Yeah. But these two sneaked out."

"Really?!"
Jaehyun scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment as he nodded.

"It sort of just happened. We were just talking about how it was prom and the end of school year is near, and yet we never dated anyone and we haven't had our first kiss yet. And I don't know how, but both of us were like how about we kiss to see how it felt like, and we did," Jaehyun confessed, the tips of his ears turned red.

"Wow, did you guys drink too much that night?" Mark shook his head in disbelief.
"Maybe…? But wait… Sicheng, how did you know?!"
A/N
merry christmas, peeps! let me give you something short and sweet on this year's christmas eve! it's the 3rd chapter already so we have like.... 7 chapters before this story officially ended, woot woot! the wedding is coming and the end is rly rly near i swear!
thank you for everyone who still reads this story! also tho those who has taken the time to comment, also thank you, i love you all!
nct just made their comeback and BOYYY it's a jam! my favorite track is sweet dream (totally biased because kun jaehyun chenle were all in that unit lol) but reallyyy the song is so good and the vocals POPPED OFF. please keep supporting them, and also support the whole sm family on their upcoming album!
merry christmas to my readers who celebrate it, and happy holiday to everyone!
Love, btfg <3