oo5 || back to seoul

the pursuit of happiness
 
05
 
back to seoul
They arrived at the airport during lunch so Jaehyun had a task to feed the kids at the airport. Sungchan only drink milk so it's okay, but Jeno has only been eating food that he cooked so he's unsure if he'll enjoy airport food.

Jaehyun picked a trolley and start stacking their suitcases, turning around every few seconds to check on Jeno.

"Jeno, baby? Wanna sit here? Samchon will push it for you," Jaehyun asked the kid who's still clutching at his jeans.

"Sit here?"

"Uh uh. Samchon will push this. It will be fun, trust me," Jaehyun coaxed him as he adjusted Sungchan's position in his baby carrier, strapped to Jaehyun's chest. Sungchan looks comfortable. Good. At least one of his kids is okay.

Jeno hesitantly sat on top of the suitcases but soon he was smiling gleefully, enjoying the ride.

"We're riding this?" Jeno asked as he hopped off while pointing at the small toy plane that Ten gave to them when he drove the small family to the airport. Jaehyun smiled as he put their suitcases into the conveyor belt.

"Yes, baby. We're taking the plane," Jaehyun answered before turning his attention back to the worker in the check-in booth.

"Mr. Jung Jaehyun, with one kid Jung Jeno and one baby Jung Sungchan. You requested the aisle seats, right?"

"Ah, yes."

"Here are your tickets, business class, seats in 8D and 8E. Should you require help with your baby please feel free to contact the flight attendant later. They will provide the life vests for your little ones as well."

"Okay, thank you very much!"

Jaehyun adjusted Sungchan's position again as he took Jeno's hand.

"Are we taking the plane now?"

"Not yet, buddy. We have to eat lunch first."

"You're going to cook here?" Jeno looked up with wide eyes, causing Jaehyun to burst into laughter.

"No, buddy. We're eating in a restaurant. What do you want to eat? Noodles?"

"Okay. I like noodles."

Jaehyun nodded as they entered a noodle shop. He ordered some charsiew chicken and noodle as he picked a place for the kids to sit. The food came pretty quickly and Jeno eyed the noodles curiously.

"Samchon never made these before."


"And that, buddy, because I can't. Go on, dig in. Here's your training chopstick from Lucas samchon," Jaehyun retrieved the chopstick from Jeno's small backpack.

"Want me to cut them up first?"

"Yes, please," Jeno pushed his bowl towards Jaehyun. Jaehyun used the provided scissor and started to cut up the noodle into shorter strands and the chicken into bite sized pieces.

"Thank you samchon," Jeno beamed. Jaehyun nodded before he starts eating on his own.

"Is it good?"

Jeno nodded.

"Too bad I'm not good at making noodles. After we arrived in Seoul, I'll bring you to a restaurant that makes even better noodles, okay?"
Jeno nodded and finished his dish happily. 30 minutes later, he heard the announcement for boarding the plane.

"Come one, we have to go inside the plane now. Excited?"

Jeno bit his lips and nodded, "But scared."

"You got Mr. Bunny, right? In the plane you can hold my hand and hug Mr. Bunny if you're scared."

Jeno nodded as Jaehyun led him to the cabin. Jaehyun smiled back at the flight attendant as she led them to their seats.

"Have a nice flight, sir."

Jaehyun bowed and he helped Jeno strapped his seat belt on.
It didn't take long before the plane started to take off. As he expected, Sungchan began to whine, probably due to the different air pressure. Jaehyun quickly fed him his milk bottle which successfully stop his cries. Jaehyun turned to his right to see Jeno looking scared.

"You can hold my arm here," Jaehyun offered his arm which was currently occupied by holding Sungchan's bottle. Jeno gratefully held it as his other hand was grasping Mr. Bunny tightly.

After the initial shock passed, Jaehyun felt Jeno's tight grip slowly loosening.

"Jeno, looked outside. We're above the clouds!" Jaehyun pointed to the window. Jeno immediately plastered his face to the window, amazed by the view outside.

"Samchon, it's so cool!"

"It is, isn't it?" Jaehyun smiled as mussed Jeno's hair.
Jeno was relatively calm during the majority of the flight. The flight attendant was kind enough to give him a coloring paper and some markers to keep himself busy.

Jaehyun glanced at Sungchan who's sleeping peacefully in his arms. He smiled as he kissed the sleeping kid's forehead, grinning when the kid snuggled into his arms.

Just when he thought the flight is going well, the plane shakes suddenly. He felt Sungchan stirring in his sleep.

"Ssh, it's okay baby. Appa’s here, ssshh…"

Instead of calming down, Sungchan began to whine louder.

Jeno looked at his brother in concern. Silently he tidied up the markers before looking up at his samchon.

"Samchon… is Sungchanie okay?"

"It's okay, Jeno-ya. It was just a strong wind and Sungchan was scared," Jaehyun tried to calm his eldest son as he bounced the restless Sungchan in his arms.

Still, Sungchan grew even more restless and he even started to cry.

"Jeno, I have to calm Sungchan down, okay? Can you wait here for a few minutes? I won't take long," Jaehyun said as he unbuckled his seat belt to stand up and rock Sungchan in his arms. His wails continued on and Jaehyun frantically bounced him from side to side in hope it would calm the fussy baby down. He picked the unfinished bottle of milk, trying to give it to the baby who refused it.

Jaehyun certainly didn't want to disturb the other passengers. He needs to figure out a way to stop Sungchan's cries.

He began to walk a few steps as he rocked the crying baby. Jeno on the other hand, panicked when his samchon walked away. A flight attendant who saw him smiled and approached him.

"Looking for your father?" She asked and Jeno blinked his eyes in confusion, not understanding the woman who was speaking in Chinese.

"Sungchan! Cry!" He pointed towards the way Jaehyun walked into.

"Oh, want to go see your brother and father?" She asked again, this time in a broken Korean, in which Jeno quickly nodded. The kind stewardess helped him unbuckle his seatbelt and held his hand as they walked along the aisle to find Jaehyun who was calming Sungchan down.
"Sir, your oldest son is looking for you," the woman said which surprised Jaehyun.

"Oh, thank you!" Jaehyun bowed as he looked at Jeno who was clutching onto his legs now.

"Sungchanie sad?" Jeno asked and Jaehyun smiled.

"Sorry I left you, baby. Sungchan was scared. Want to walk with me and explore the plane?” He asked softly to the little boy. Jeno nodded and used his hands to hold onto the hem of Jaehyun's jacket.

He trailed behind Jaehyun as the guy walked back and forth, trying to put the baby to sleep. Jeno observed the other passengers with curious eyes, smiling shyly and hiding behind his samchon’s back whenever someone greet him.
"How old is your oldest son?" An elderly woman asked Jaehyun in Chinese as they passed by her.

"Jeno-ya, how old are you? Can you show this halmeoni your fingers?" Jaehyun asked Jeno.

Jeno shyly put up 5 fingers which caused the woman to smile warmly.

"Ah, from Korea, not China?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Beautiful kids you have there. Have a nice flight. A tip for you, when the plane landed, give the baby his milk so he wouldn't cry. Or his pacifier. Swallowing something makes kids calm in flights," she advised and Jaehyun bowed in gratitude.

Jaehyun glanced to the sleeping baby who had nestled his face on the crook of his neck peacefully.
"Shall we go back to our seats, Jen?" Jaehyun asked. Jeno nodded happily.

The rest of the flight went smoothly. Jeno slept through it and Jaehyun took the advice the earlier woman gave. It worked well.

The plane finally landed. He woke up Jeno reluctantly, feeling sorry for the poor boy who looked clueless as he was woken up from his nap. Jaehyun sighed and put Sungchan on his baby carrier, before strapping it to his back.

"Come on, Jeno. You can sleep again," he cooed at the boy who was still in a daze. Jeno stood up only to be carried again by Jaehyun. Upon snuggling against his father's neck, the boy quickly resumes his nap.

It was a bit heavy with a baby on his back and another kid on his front, but Jaehyun would rather his sons have their nap instead of having to deal with fussy restless kids later on.

He pulled the trolley using one hand with great difficulty as there were no porters around. He waited in the baggage claim as he sat down on the trolley, tired of carrying his kids. Jeno is snoozing off and Jaehyun chuckled as he patted the kid's back. Some people throw him a look and he simply smiled back.

It was difficult hauling his whole suitcases using one hand but he managed to do it with several help from passengers who pitied him. He had called his personal driver in Seoul to pick him up so he pushes his trolley outside as his eyes try to find a middle-aged man who had worked for him for years.

He spotted the man immediately, the guy gaping when he saw Jaehyun with two kids clinging to him.
“Driver Han!”

"Young master?" The elderly guy glanced at the two kids in curiousity.

"Keep your questions for later, ahjussi. It's heavy," Jaehyun smiled.
The young master already requested for two kid car seats and the driver did provided them but he was still baffled to see the sight of his young master with kids.

Jaehyun bent down to strap Jeno who was still sleeping to his car seat, before asking his driver help to unstrapped the baby carrier from his back. After both boys had been installed to their own respective seats, Jaehyun stretch his sore back before slipping to the front seat.
"To your parents' residence, sir?"

"Ah, no. To my apartment. The kids need to be well rested. Eomma and appa will smother them if we bring them home. And my brother too."

The driver chuckled, "Are they your nephews?"

Jaehyun smiled and shook his head, "No, ahjussi. Actually…. They're mine."

"Y-young master had secretly hidden kids in China?!"

Jaehyun held back his laughter in fears of waking up his sons.

"Of course, no. I… adopted them. Just this month."

"Did your parents allow you to?"

"At first no. But after hearing these poor kids' stories they relented. Ahjussi, did you watch the news?"

"What news?"

"There's an illegal human trafficking from Gaui-do island in Taean-gun to Qingdao earlier this month. These innocent angels were victims of that."

"Oh, poor boys. They look nice and cute."

"They are indeed. I'm planning to bring them home tomorrow. Tonight, I'll stay in my own apartment first."
The rest of the ride was spent with his driver asking questions about the boys before they arrived at the high-end apartment complex Jaehyun lived in.

"I'll help with the suitcases, sir. And one of the kids too, probably," Driver Han said as they arrived.

"Can you take the baby one then, Sungchan? He's not too fussy with strangers. The older one still has a bit of trust issues due to his trauma," Jaehyun explained as he picked up the still asleep Jeno.
Some of the apartment staffs help them bring their suitcases upstairs as the two guys took the elevator to the highest floor.
When they arrived, Jeno began to whimper and open his eyes.

"Had a good sleep baby?" Jaehyun asked as he gave the boy a kiss on the cheek.

"We're not on the plane anymore?"

"No, we have arrived in Seoul. In my home," Jaehyun said as he set Jeno down on the couch. The boy rubbed his sleepy eyes as he saw a foreign guy carrying his baby brother.

"That's Driver Han who drove us here. He's just carrying Sungchan, he meant no harm. Want to wash your face first?" Jaehyun asked and the boy nodded.

Jaehyun thanked the staffs and Driver Han before he led Jeno to his bathroom.

"I forgot I haven't bought a stool. Come here," Jaehyun lifted the boy up so he could reach the sink.

Jaehyun put him down and helped him dry his face before leading him to the bed where Sungchan continues to sleep in.

"I want to unpack our stuffs first. Want to sit here and help?" Jaehyun asked, knowing Jeno loves to get involved. The kid nodded and scampered from the bed to sit sprawled next to Jaehyun. He watched with curious eyes as his samchon put away their clothes into shelves until he got bored. He stood up and made his way up to the bed, climbing it before lying sideways to stare at his baby brother. Jaehyun chuckled as he continued his job. Tomorrow they'll have to face his parents. He only told them he'll come for lunch tomorrow (and potentially to stay the night too) but they don't know their flight details.

He watched at the two brothers, at Jeno who was staring at his step brother lovingly, and wondered what other things life had in stock for him.
A/N
Hiiiii! How are you guys? Happy Ramadhan and Happy Fasting to my moslem readers!
How's the chapter? I hope it's warm enough for you guys <3 If you don't know, I'm a medical intern and i'm currently interning in the surgery department (((which is a total hell when you have to do back-to-back shifts while fasting during the ramadhan month))). it's difficult, finding a time to update but my friend encouraged me to post because she said fluffy warm chapters make everything better (((she's totally right!)))
i actually posted this from my phone, so tell me if the layout looked wonky or something, and once i got hold of my laptop, i'll edit it. i'll try to continue updating regularly once a week, but we'll see about that since my schedule will be packed for this whole month (((damn you surgery dep!!!!)))
i hope you like this chapter! thank you for reading/commenting/subscribing/upvoting! i'm very thankful! if there's any reveluv here, don't forget to support wendy's comeback! i literally put her album on replay almost everyday, especially during the ride home after a long shift. god... it's healing! and also, shinee's new comeback release is gold a.f, please support them too! and oh, baekhyun's bambi too!! i listen to his album on my way to the hospital everyday. idk, it just put me on a good mood. istg, SM artists' releases this year has been nothing but top notch!
Love, btfg <3