Missing you

Nab-Cheating-Girlfriend.com (Sequel to Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com)

"You're the new maid?" A large and tough looking woman looked at Jaekyung critically from head to toe, judging her. "Puny. Can you even do the chores?" she snorted.

Jaekyung nodded. "I can manage." she assured.

She looked around at the other maids and they were looking at her curiously. They were looking at her like a bunch of Einsteins examining the specimen. Jaekyung shifted uncomfortably under their intense gaze.

"What's your name?" The obvious leader of these maids asked crudely. "Lee Jaekyung." Jaekyung reported meekly.

"Well, let me get the rules right for you, Lee Jaekyung." The tough looking maid squinted at her. "I have no idea why you were sent to be a maid, but we were all forced to be here when our families could not support us any longer. I don't know what sort of life you were living before you came, but let me get this clear to you, Lee Jaekyung." she growled.

"Life as a maid is torture." she snarled. "You don't know when one of the officals or princes would want to have their way with you. You have to do everything you're asked to. You have no choice in life. There is no you in the picture, there's just us. You bettere do your job properly and not drag the rest of us down and we'll leave you alone. Got it?"

Jaekyung nodded meekly. "Arraso. I'll do my best." she mumbled.

The head maid smirked. "Good. Now, get the rags and brooms. Your first task is the clean the main hall."

 

 

The main hall was ridiculously large. It had windows two storeys high and the ceiling seemed as far from the ground as the sky. There weren't many people around except for other maids and some female butlers hurrying about with food and laundry.

The moment Jaekyung set her eyes on the main hall, she knew she had been played with. There place was too large for someone to finish the work herself. It's impossible.

From what she observed, the main hall was the largest place of the whole palace, and even the library had three maids to clean it up. It was unfair to expect her to finish cleaning the freaking place herself. The other maids were playing with her, fooling her, bullying her because she was new.

Jaekyung sighed and picked up the broom. "But what can you do, Lee Jaekyung?" she whispered. "Bite your tongue and keep going." she urged herself.

After five hours straight of physical work the moment she got into the Land of Men, Jaekyung wasn't even halfway done with the hall. She had only finished moping the floor once and she still had to clean the large windows which she couldn't even reach.

Jaekyung sighed and bit her lip. How was she going to finish her task in time?

*If only Krystal was here. She'd use her water power to help me with the cleaning.* she thought. She blinked and froze. "Wait...That's a great idea!" she squealed.

She peeked around and noted that there weren't anyone walking about at the moment. She gulped and clicked her fingers. At once, water began sprouting from nowhere and spraying the windows with water, washing the dust and dirt away.

Jaekyung grinned slightly and watched her own made waterfall. She elevated the soap and rags to the top of the window, and chanted for them to scrub the glass panels. The rags began it's work dilligently as Jaekyung finally got a chance to sit down to rest her tired legs.

She massaged her calf muscles tiredly and smiled slightly at her powers at work. She recalled the days when she thought she hadn't had any powers and that she was some sort of oddball.

"But Myungsoo oppa didn't mind. He loved me all the same." Jaekyung mumbled. Her heart cringed and her face fell at the temporary satisfaction her powers brought her. "I'd trade all my powers if I could stay by Myungsoo Oppa's side.."

"What is happening?"

A voice suddenly broke Jaekyung out of her thoughts and she immediately snapped her fingers, causing the water and rags to stop working. She spun round and saw the head butler frowning at her. "Why are you sitting there and not working?" he snapped. "Did we hire you to laze around like this?"

Jaekyung immediately scrambled up and bowed, shaking her head. "Jwesonghabnida. I'll get to work again."

The Head Butler growled as he inspected her work. Because of her panic, Jaekyung didn't remember to make the rest of the water disappear. This resulted in a pool of water at the bottom of the window and soap all around. It was a mess.

"What is this sloppy work?" The Head Butler demanded. "This is horrible! Do it again!"

Jaekyung nodded and ran to clear the mess up with a mop. The Head Butler tutted his lips and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "You women are just so useless." he commented. "Giddy, shallow, and inefficient. That's why men are ruling this land, little one. Women have no powers and brains. Waste of space, really."

Jaekyung swallowed. She wasn't used to hearing things like this. She had been looked down back at home because she wasn't high powered and all, but she had been a woman no matter what. Women were better than men back there and no one spoke of women like this.

It was shocking to hear the other point of view.

"GET TO WORK!" The Head Butler barked when Jaekyung stood there blankly. Jaekyung nodded and scrambled back to work hurriedly.

A tear fell down her cheek as she scrubbed at the window panes. *Myungsoo oppa. Was this the type of treatment you received? I had no idea.*

 

 

"Please Your Majesty." L begged. "Isn't there a way to speed things up? The proposal's going to take so long. And we need to get it approved. What will happen between these times to Jaekyung? For the people of this land to make a poll, it might take up to a year. And what if it doesn't turn out like we want it to? Can't you get Jaekyung back?"

The King sighed. 'Don't you understand, L?" he sounded so depressed. "I want my daughter back as much as you want to. I only just reunited with her and she's taken away from me. Don't you realize I'm suffering as well? But there's nothing I can do but wait and hope for the best."

"Is there really no other option, Your Majesty?" Chunji asked desperately. He had been promoted to be the King's right hand man and he knew the King's desperation in this matter. "Yo're the king..."

"And not the Queen." The King finished. "I have no power. I can't decide things as easily as if I had been a women. We can only wait."

L fell on the ground in desperation while the rest of Infinite and F(x) sighed sadly. They missed her a great deal.

L buried his face in his hands and sobbed, not bothering about how pitiful he looked at the moment. *How are you doing, Jaekyung? I can't wait that long to get you back. I'll die. I want you back. I can't bear staying here when I know you might be suffering there. What do I do, Jaekyung? What do I do?*