Sad Muted Girl

Nab-Cheating-Girlfriend.com (Sequel to Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com)

Zelo put on his best clothes and checked his hair. He had seen Jaekyung once, when Yongguk had announced their engagement at the dining table.

He had been fascinated by her ever since. He had never seen someone who looked as troubled as she was to be getting married.

And not to mention her stunning beauty as well.

He went to Jaekyung's room and knocked, still not knowing how he was supposed to introduce himself. The door opened and Zelo unconsciously straightened. His face fell slightly when he saw that it was an old maid he recognized as Madam Jung.

"Madam Jung." he bowed. He looked behind her for the other girl he was supposed to be looking for. "Where is Jaekyung sshi?"

Madam Jung raised her brows at him but didn't make any comment. She shrugged. "I told her to take a walk around the gardens. She spent too much time coped in the room." *Crying.* she added in her mind.

Zelo bowed and made his leave. He headed straight for the gardens and his eyes darted around for the particular girl he was seeking.

He found her not long after. After all, she shone from where she was, looking pure and innocently beautiful like some sort of angel.

Zelo bit his lip. He had a whole lot of experience in approaching women despite his young age. He was the youngest in BAP, his gang of fellow agents for Nab Cheating Girlfriend agency.

But he had a way with women, tricking answers out of them. Maybe it was just his cute face that made many noonas fall for his trickery. But perhaps it was due to the power he was born with - mind reading - that enabled him to guess his client's thoughts correctly.

Zelo took a deep breath and walked over to where Jaekyung was. He saw that she had dropped her handkerchief and he smiled, picking it up while thanking for a topic opener.

He tapped lightly on her shoulder and Jaekyung jumped slightly, startled. She spun round to look at him with wide questioning eyes.

At that instant, Zelo found that he couldn't talk and no he wasn't mute. It just hit him just then that this girl was indeed breath taxingly beautiful.

The way the sunlight hit her black hair, making it slightly brown, the glitters in her eyes shining playfully, her curious pout on those pink lips... She was most definitely the mos beautiful girl Zelo had ever seen. *No wonder the Prince Yongguk wants her as his.*

Jaekyung waved her hands in front of his face. *What's with this guy?* she thought.

Zelo read her thoughts and blushed slightly. "Ah.. I just wanted to return this to you." he passed her handkerchief over to her.

Jaekyung nodded and accepted it with a of her head, signaling thanks. She turned to go, but Zelo fell in step with her. Jaekyung blinked at him while he walked beside her.

"So, you're Lee Jaekyung, engaged to Prince Yongguk right?" Zelo asked.

Jaekyung tried hard not to roll her eyes. *Can't I just be Lee Jaekyung and not get associated with Bang Yongguk at all?* she thought exasperatedly.

Zelo blinked. That hadn't been what he thought was her response. He thought it was rather appropriate to call her that but she didn't seem to like it. "Well, Uh I'm Choi Junhong but you can call me Zelo." he said, but she didn't seem to listen.

"Uh..."  he scratched his head. "So, how's life after you became engaged with Prince Yongguk?"

Jaekyung just shrugged emotionlessly. *I'd prefer the past anytime.* she thought bitterly.

Zelo blinked again. This girl was surprising him once again. Why isn't she acting like any of those s he knew?

"This garden is really beautiful isn't it?" Zelo tried changing the subject to something more neutral. Jaekyung faked a smile and nodded.

She sighed softly and sat down on a bench to look at the flowers and plants. Zelo sat down beside her and peeked at her from the corner of his eye.

She looked really sad and he hadn't seen her smile genuinely yet. He wondered what it was that made made her so sad.

Jaekyung watched the trees and she thought of the forest back at the Land of Women. The forest where they had hid in when they were running from Lady Jung's men. The forest where she had pleasant memories with L.

She sighed softly. *Why is it that the grass there is always greener?*

"Grass where?" Zelo blurted before he thought. He had seen the forest from her mind but couldn't recognize it from anywhere near here.

Jaekyung sat up in shock and stared at him. *Did he just read my-*

Zelo nodded. "My power is mind reading." he told her. Jaekyung cursed herself for being so careless. She discreetly read his mind and found thoughts along the line of "she's so pretty".

She blushed lightly and channeled her energy to block her thoughts from him. She had the power to choose which thoughts to let him read and which to keep private. But at the same time, this limited her such that she couldn't read his thoughts.  Not that she was interested anyway.

Zelo was surprised when her mind suddenly turned from confused and anxious to a blank silence. It was as if someone turned the lights off, or the mind had been reset to some blank piece of paper.

*What the?* he looked at her carefully but found no emotion on her face. She stood up and bowed politely. *Nice to meet you Zelo.*

With that, she walked off, leaving a very confused Zelo in her wake.

 

 

"So? How was the first meeting?" Yongguk asked.

Zelo slumped down on the chair. "My power is mind reading and I still don't get her." he sighed. "At least I get to communicate with her in some form, but I don't understand."

Yongguk frowned and looked at him. "What don't you understand?"

"She's sad." Zelo looked at Yongguk. "She was so desperately sad and I felt this longing from her, before I told her I could read her mind. There after maybe she watched what she was thinking to hide things from me or something."

Yongguk frowned."Sad?" he muttered. "What reason does she have to be sad when she has all the riches and glamor?" he retorted.

Zelo shook his head. "I have no idea."

Yongguk frowned at Zelo. "Whatever. I want some truth and you're going to find out for me. She better not be sad because of some other guy." he muttered.

Zelo sighed to himself. *I hope so too.*