Her Past

Nab-Cheating-Girlfriend.com (Sequel to Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com)

*Who is that guy?* Zelo racked his brains. *She was laughing along with him so happily. Who is he? And where was she? I've been to every crook and cranny in this land and I never saw that mountain before. I doubt I'd miss an entire mountain.* he frowned.

Youngjae nudged him. "Yaaah maknaeee.. Watchu tinging?" he asked, his mouth full of chips. Zelo gagged at the disgusting sight and rolled his eyes. "Hyung! Don't talk with your mouth full!" he complained.

Youngjae swallowed and choked. Daehyun rolled his eyes and passed him a glass of water. Himchan narrowed his eyes at Zelo. "You look disturbed. Thoroughly disturbed." he frowned. He wriggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Don't tell me you saw something when you went to find Jaekyung sshi and Prince Yongguk? Doing something naughty?"

Zelo threw a pillow at his hyung. "Ugh you just stained my innocent mind!" he whined.

Jongup made a face. "It's not like you're that innocent to begin with." he commented, only to be hit by the pillow on his head as well.

---

"Prince Yongguk." Zelo bowed.

Yongguk smiled at Zelo's entrance and gestured for him to come in. "So any progress?" he asked. "Did you read her mind that day when we went out? Did she enjoy it? Did she fall for me?" he pressed on urgently.

Zelo gulped. "Uh...She liked the place." he said honestly. "She thought the mountains were beautiful."

Yongguk nodded. "And?" he urged.

Zelo his lips nervously as he thought about Jaekyung's memory. At an unknown place with an unknown guy. *Should I tell him about it?* he thought. He hestitated for a while.

*But Prince Yongguk is rather cruel. If he finds that Jaekyung was merely thinking about another guy when she's with him...I don't even dare think about his reaction.* he thought, scared for Jaekyung's safety.

He shook his head. "No. I didn't detect anything out of the norm." Zelo fibbed.

Yongguk's face fell. "Aish that girl. Isn't she falling for me already?" he huffed, irritated. Zelo gulped. "Maybe you should give her more time, Prince. Maybe she just needs some time to warm up to you." he suggested.

Yongguk nodded. "Aish if she wasn't that pretty.." he muttered under his breath and waved Zelo away. Zelo bowed before running off, feeling a little guilty for lying, and mostly curious. He had to ask Jaekyung who it was, and where.

 

 

Jaekyung tapped her feet nervously as she waited for Zelo to come by her room again like he did everyday. She knew he saw her memory of L, and he knew she knew.

She was just waiting for him to ask.

Zelo knocked on her door and Jaekyung opened it. *Sit.* she pointed to a chair she had already taken out for him. Zelo gulped and sat down while Jaekyung took her seat on another chair opposite to his. She took a deep breath and looked at him straight in the eye.

*You saw my memory.*

Zelo gulped. He didn't expect her to be so straightforward about it.He nodded slowly, hesitantly.

"Where is that place, Jaekyung noona?" Zelo whispered. "I've never seen that mountain before. And who's that guy?"

*What I'm going to tell you now, don't even think of telling anyone else. Do I have your word?* she looked at him.

Zelo nodded anxiou
sly. "I promise I won't tell a soul."

Jaekyung bit her lip. She held out her hand and instantly, a flame lit up on her palm. Zelo's eyes widened in surprise as he jaw dropped opened. "Y-You have powers? N-noona?" he stuttered.

Jaekyung nodded as she closed her palm and the fire extinguished itself. She sighed softly and looked at him. *I don't belong here, Zelo. I'm not from the Land of Men.*

Zelo frowned. "What do you mean? How can you not be from here? It's not like..." he faltered. "Wait. There ARE other lands besides this one."

Jaekyung nodded. *I'm not from the Land of Men. I'm from the Land of Women.*

Zelo's jaw dropped opened even bigger. Jaekyung ignored his reactions and continued explaining in her mind. *The Land of Women is just the same as The Land of Men here. But the only difference is that women are the ones with the powers and men don't. Just like how I have powers, and men there don't have any.*

"Is fire your only power, noona?" Zelo blurted, curious.

A faint smile was present on Jaekyung's face. *That's for me to know.* she grinned. She continued with her explanation. *Well, in your land, if someone does something wrong, most probably for the women, they'll be banished, right?*

Zelo nodded.

*Well, they're banished to the Land of Women.* Jaekyung explained. *It's a punishment not only in the sense that they are separated from their friends and family, but also because if all the women there have powers and women here go there without powers, they'd be looked down upon. That's the main idea. That's why men here aren't banished most of the times.*

"Ah.." Zelo responded, finally understanding why men were sent to jail and women were banished in the land.

*It's the same case in the Land of Women. We banish men when they do something wrong.* Jaekyung continued sadly. *But noona, I did something that went against the rules. It was a stupid rule, but a high ranking woman had set the rule and we can't go against it even if she's dead. I don't think I ever did anything wrong, but I was still banished here.*

A few moments of silence came upon them as Zelo took the information in. *So Jaekyung noona isn't from here? Her family and friends, they're all back in the Land of Women? No wonder she's so sad all the time.*

"So that mountain, that's back in the Land of Women?" Zelo asked softly.

Jaekyung nodded. She smiled softly as she remembered her home. *That was Mount Mudeung back there. It was beautiful.*

"Is that why you always look so sad, Jaekyung noona?" Zelo whispered. "Because you miss your friends and family back there?"

Jaekyung nodded, her expression sad and forlorn. Zelo had a sudden urge to hug her, but he remembered she only let one person touch her, and it wasn't him.

"So who was that guy?" Zelo blurted before he could stop himself. That was his main concern.

Jaekyung stiffened and she suddenly stood up. *He's...someone important from my past.* Jaekyung walked away. *But they're all not in my life anymore. He's not here anymore.* she went back to her room, signalling the end of the conversation.

Zelo watched her go with a sinking heart. *Is that guy your lover, Jaekyung noona? Is that why you don't seem to respond to Prince Yongguk and any of us B.A.P? Because of him?*

Zelo didn't know why, but he felt utterly disappointed at that prospect.