L's Identity

Nab-Cheating-Girlfriend.com (Sequel to Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com)

Jaekyung's eyes fluttered opened slowly and she squinted around. She felt like she just awoke from getting all her energy , which was literally true.

"OMO!" Jaekyung heard someone that sounded like Sungjong gasp. "Noona's awake!"

Jaekyung squinted and saw the Infinite and B.A.P members huddled over her bed side, looking worriedly at her. She tried to sit up but her head hurt terribly at the new state of balance and she had to lie back down.

"Lay down, Jaekyung." the Queen ordered as she inspected her daughter. She checked her pulse and smiled relieved. "Good. You're better now."

Jaekyung smiled weakly and looked around at the boys. They were all covered in wounds and injuries of all sorts, gnashes, grazes, scratches and bruises.

She herself felt like she just woke up from a hundred year nap, sore and stiff. She closed her eyes momentarily to remember what happened and flashes of the fight surfaced in her mind.

She gasped lightly when she remembered that L had actually died and she was trying to save him, thus causing her energy to deplete.

"Myungsoo Oppa!" she clutched at her blankets nervously. "Where is he? Did I manage to save him?" she asked with a pale face.

"Calm down Jaekyung." Woohyun comforted. "L's alive. Weak and injured, but breathing, yes. All thanks to you."

Jaekyung heaved a sigh of relief as she closed her eyes to celebrate the news. She couldn't imagine what she'd do if L died.

Even when she was living apart from him in the Land of Men, the thought that L was somewhere on this Earth comforted her greatly.

If he really didn't exist anymore...

Jaekyung shuddered. "Where is he?" she asked longingly. "I want to see him." she pleaded.

Himchan and Sunggyu looked at each other and gulped. Jaekyung looked at them curiously, wondering what was wrong.

"Noona..." Zelo bit his lip. "I don't know how to explain this to you. It's so unbelievable and like a fairytale. I..."

"I'll explain, Jaekyung." the Queen smiled and sat on the bed besides Jaekyung. "It happened a long long time ago..."

---YEARS BACK---

It was a joyous occasion in the Land of Men. The Prince had just celebrated his third birthday and even better still, the King finally revealed to the public what his son's power was.

"I'm really pleased to tell you people," the King had said. "That my son Myungsoo had been found to have an infinitely number of powers. Every power in this world, he has. It's a blessing to the royal family, and we anticipate the day when he grows up to take over the throne from me."

The crowd cheered and clapped while the young L just blinked innocently at his mother whom he was in the hands of, not knowing what the big fuss was about.

Behind the grand celebration, the King's younger brother was clapping happily for his nephew. His own son, Bang Yongguk, was frowning at his cousin who had gotten the whole lot of attention.

His wife, Lady Jung was carrying her daughter Bang Jihyun in her arms. She eyed the young crown prince with greed, envy flashing in her eyes.

*If only all that power can be mine.* she thought evilly.

 

 

It came to a great surprise, or rather, shock to the King and Queen when they were informed that Lady Jung had actually tried spells on their son.

She had attempted to use her black ring that had been laced with black magic to the power out of L. But she hadn't read the instructions properly and had missed the part about the stealer and holder of powers have to be blood related.

As a result, the spell had backfired on Lady Jung and almost blasted her into pieces if she hadn't dodged in time.

The King and Queen were furious and immediately banished Lady Jung, who took Jihyun away with her and changing her daughter's surname to Jung.

The Queen had been worried about her son's safety after that. What would happen if something like that happens again but they weren't so lucky?

The King looked at her. "Then we should send Myungsoo away until it's time. We'll get him back when he's 20."

So, L was given a large dosage of pills, the one that suppressed all his powers, and given to a woman in the Land of Woman to care for.

Unfortunately, his caretaker had been killed in the Black Day that occurred when Lady Jung used her new stolen powers to bomb the place, and L was sent to the orphanage.

And thus, L grew up, not knowing he had powers, not knowing he didn't belong there, and thinking he wasn't loved.

---END OF NARRATION---

"S-so..." Jaekyung gaped at her mother. "Myungsoo oppa's a prince?"

Her mother nodded, smiling softly. "I'm guessing that his rage, seeing you hurt, had fueled his anger so much that he actually managed to break from the powers of the pill and regain his powers." she explained.

Jaekyung bit her lip for a few seconds to get the whole thing in her head. So her Myungsoo Oppa was a prince? This was totally unexpected.

But..

"I miss him already." Jaekyung whispered. "Can't I see him now?"

"He's talking to King and Queen Kim, his birth parents. Give him some time." Jaekyung's mother advised.

Jaekyung sighed to herself. What really mattered to her was seeing L for herself and making sure he was really alright. To see him alive and kicking in front of her, that's what she needed.

"But I really want to see-" she whispered, when the door opened.

The maids that were standing guard by the door bowed respectfully as a figure limped into the room. Jaekyung's eyes widened at the sight of a tired and badly beaten L dressed in hospital clothes with a goofy smile on his face.

He opened his arms wide and grinned at her. "Baby."

It tool less than a second for Jaekyung to fly into his arms.