Chapter 17 It's Too Late

My Turn

Next day…

 

*Today is another day for the school basketball season and the entire school is at the gym cheering on the team. The dance team has performed and now it’s time for the match to begin. Allen suddenly grabs her wrist making her look back at him confused. 

 

Sawyer: Yes?

 

Allen: If we win today’s game, can you listen to my wish?

 

Sawyer: Uh yeah sure. 

 

Allen: Wish me luck!

 

Sawyer: Fighting!! *pumps fists in the air*

 

Allen: Fighting! 

 

*Allen runs to the court. The match begins. The competition was fierce and tough but Starship High managed to beat Woollim High. Sawyer and Dayoung highfive each other bouncing up and down. Allen walks to Sawyer’s direction, smiles at her while holding onto her hand and pulls her into the middle of the gym. Sawyer gets flustered by his sudden action.

 

Sawyer: Ya, Allen Ma, what are you doing? 

 

Allen: You promised me that if I win today’s game, you would be able to listen to my wish. So Sawyer Kim, will you be my girlfriend?

 

*Sawyer gets flustered and blushes tomato red

 

Sawyer: Allen, I don’t know what to say.

 

*Sawyer looks at the crowd and the crowd cheers them on.

 

Crowd: Say yes! X4

 

*Sawyer searches in the crowd for Serim and finds Serim and Bora together. Her heart starts to shrink once again and without realizing it, she breaks down into tears. The feelings she had for Serim didn’t matter anymore. Nothing mattered anymore. He didn’t like her in the first place (or she thought). She leans in closer to Allen and suddenly slams her lips on his earning cheers from the crowd. This moment gave Serim an ultimate heartbreak. He leaves the gym unable to see this any longer. Bora smirks thinking to herself.

 

Bora’s mind: Now that Sawyer and Allen are a couple now, looks like I can have Serim to myself. 

 

*Bora follows after him. 

 

*Sawyer breaks the kiss and steps away from him. She realized what she had done. She had kissed her best friend. She panics and runs away. Allen smiles to himself. He had finally succeeded his mission. He had confessed to her before Serim did. Sawyer is his girl now.