Chapter 5 Love Has Just Begun

My Turn

*After that incident, there has been rumors spreading around the school that Allen is in a relationship with Sawyer, the new girl. Serim seemed bothered by this fact. In fact it seemed like he was getting jealous about their friendship. Why does Serim like Sawyer anyways? It was because she was different than most girls in the school. She didn’t seem attracted to him nor went crazy for him unlike the other girls. And he liked that. Serim has started to grow feelings for her.

 

*Serim watches from a distance as Allen and Sawyer laughs while joking around with each other.

 

Serim’s mind: Why is she so close with Allen? I don’t understand.

 

*Serim crushes the papers in his hands 

 

*Soon the science teacher arrives inside the classroom.

 

Science teacher: You do know that the science fair is coming up so I expect you all to work hard on your science projects this year!

 

*Students groans.

 

Science teacher: Last year’s science fair was a failure because most students chose their own partners and didn’t get any work done. So there will be changes… All science teachers will choose their class partners for them.

 

*Students groans

 

Science teacher: Now now! Remember this is worth 25% of your overall grade so I expect dedication and effort this time! I’ll read out your partners. *reads the list*


Allen: Hopefully we can be partners, Sawyer.

 

Sawyer: Me too.

 

*But boy, Sawyer’s expectations were wrong. She was assigned to work with-

 

Science teacher: And lastly, Park Serim with Sawyer Kim.

 

Sawyer: Eh? I have to work with him?
 

*Sawyer makes eye contact with Serim but he ignores her. 

 

Sawyer’s mind: Why does it have to be him? Why can’t it be Allen?

 

*Sawyer slams her head hard onto her desk.

 

Sawyer’s mind: Can this day get any worse?

 

After school…

 

*Sawyer packs up her books and was about to leave the classroom but Serim walks up to her. 

 

Serim: Sawyer

 

*Sawyer looks up and sees Serim. She starts panicking.

 

Sawyer’s mind: What now? What does he want?

 

Serim: Meet me in the library. Pronto.

 

*Serim walks away 

 

Sawyer’s mind: Aish!!! Why does it have to be him?

 

Allen: You’ll be fine to walk home by yourself, right?

 

Sawyer: *nods* I’ll be fine thanks.

 

Allen: Then I’ll see you tomorrow okay?

 

*Allen waves goodbye to her and heads off

 

Sawyer: *sighs* How am I going to survive this evening with Serim? *slams her head against the table once more*

 

Later at the library…

 

*Sawyer sits down beside Serim whose busy engrossed into science books in front of him.

 

Sawyer: Look I know you don’t like working with me but we have to be on this together if we want a good mark in our science class.

 

Serim: If you dare mess up this time, you’re going to pay for it, you hear me?

 

*Sawyer gulps

 

Sawyer: Yes sir.

 

*Serim and Sawyer spent the rest of the evening working on the science project together but she was surprised that Serim had started opening up to her and became a little nicer to her. This has never happened before.

Sawyer's mind: What’s going on? Am I dreaming? Why is he suddenly acting like this?

*Sawyer and Serim heads separate ways for the day. Sawyer continues to think to herself.

 

Sawyer’s mind: What’s with him? *tilts head* I don’t understand him.