Chapter 11 Look at Me

My Turn

Science Fair Day…

 

*The school students are setting up their projects all around the school. 

 

Serim: Do you want to set up ours right here?

 

Sawyer: Yeah that’s a good idea. 

 

*They start setting up their project. Sawyer smiles looking at Serim. Meanwhile, from a distance, Allen looks at Sawyer. Allen sighs deeply. 

 

Later…

 

*The principal makes an PR announcement on the school speakers.

 

Principal: Attention, all students and staff!

All of you have worked so hard to prepare for this year’s science fair!

 

*Students and staff cheers 

 

Principal: Now I’d like to announce this year’s winners!

In third place, we have class 2-3, Han Semi and Park Woohyun.

In second place, we have class 1-5, Jung Yewon and Kwon Hannah.

And lastly, in first place, we have class 3-4, Park Serim and Sawyer Kim.

Congratulations to this year’s winners! That’s all for today. Enjoy the rest of your day! 

 

*Serim and Sawyer looks at each other eyes open wide in shock. They hug each other jumping up and down in joy. Sawyer looks up and looks at Serim with a huge smile on her face. 

 

Sawyer: We did it!

 

Serim: You worked so hard, Sawyer. 

 

Sawyer: You too, Serim. 

 

*Serim pats her head. Allen watches this from afar and his hands clenches into fists. He could feel his heart broken for the first time. The girl he likes likes someone else and it’s not him. 

 

After school…

 

*Sawyer talks to Dayoung and Bora heading out of the school grounds when Serim stands at the front gate waiting for her.

 

Serim: Let’s go.

 

Sawyer: Go where?

 

Serim: To celebrate our win at the science fair today. I’ll buy dinner my treat.

 

Sawyer: I guess.

 

Serim: Great, let’s go! *drags Sawyer away*

 

Sawyer: Ya, Serim, my arm!!

 

Dayoung: Have fun you two!

 

Bora: Then how about we go to the mall?

 

Dayoung: Girl, I’m in! Let’s go! *links arms with Bora and walks away*

 

*Allen watches Serim and Sawyer laughing and teasing each other. He stands there frozen. His face boiling up in rage and hands clenched into fists. Minhee waves his hands in front of Allen’s face.

 

Minhee: Hyung, are you okay? What’s wrong?

 

*Allen suddenly pushes Minhee away and walks away

 

Minhee: What’s up with him?

 

*Wonjin shrugs

 

Wonjin: Beats me 

 

Allen’s mind: How long do I have to hide my feelings from you? When will you see me as a man? Why does it have to be Serim not me? *tear fall down his face*