Chapter 16 Grateful

My Turn

Next day…

 

*Sawyer heads to her locker and gets out the books she needed for the morning classes. She puts them in her backpack and heads to class. On the way to class she bonks into Serim. She tries to walk away from him but he grabs onto her wrist. 

Serim: Sawyer, can we talk? About last night I-

 

*Sawyer quickly runs away from him

 

Serim's mind: ! Why did Bora have to kiss me last night? Now Sawyer doesn’t want to talk to me. 

 

*Serim slams his hands onto the wall earning gazes from other fellow students. 

 

After school...

 

*Throughout the rest of the day, Sawyer continued to avoid talking to Serim. She also seemed out of it today like something was bothering her and Allen noticed.

 

Allen: Are you okay, Sawyer?

 

Sawyer: I’m fine, really, I’m fine. 

 

Allen: No you’re not. Let’s go out.

 

Sawyer: Huh?
 

Allen: I’ll take you out. How about chicken your favorite?

 

*Sawyer chuckles

 

Sawyer: Are you just saying that because chicken is your favorite? Isn’t that what you want to eat?

 

Allen: Haha true. But you smiled.

 

Sawyer: *nods* Yeah I guess so. Thanks Allen.

 

Allen: Are we going out for chicken after school?

 

Sawyer: Yeah we are!!

 

Allen: *raises his arms up in the air* Yay!!!

 

Wonjin: Hyung, you look stupid doing that.

 

Allen: Who cares? As long as Sawyer is happy that’s all that matters to me.

 

*Sawyer giggles as Allen tries to cheer her up. Serim watches this from afar and sighs deeply. Bora clings onto his arm and he pushes her away.

 

Serim: Go away. I don’t want you near me. 

 

Bora: Why? Aren’t we boyfriend and girlfriend now? At least that’s what Sawyer thinks. 

 

Serim: I swear if you come near me again and talk cutesy to me like that, I’m not going to let it slide. You ruined the day I was going to confess to her.

 

Bora: Serim ah, please calm down.

 

Serim: Don’t come near me anymore, you got that? *glares at Bora and walks away*

 

*Bora follows after him

 

Bora: Serim ah!! 

 

*Sawyer’s smile fades away as she sees Serim and Bora together. She starts tearing up holding onto her chest again. Allen grabs her hand and drags her away.

 

Allen: Let’s go right now! I can’t stand you being sad like this any longer!

 

Sawyer: Allen, wait! Allen!!

 

*Allen takes Sawyer out and they have a good time at the mall. Soon Sawyer forgot about what happened last night and enjoyed the day with him. She felt grateful for Allen to be her friend. Allen could feel his heart pounding against his chest as he drops her off home.

 

Sawyer: Thanks for today, Allen. It means alot.

 

Allen: No problem. Well goodnight. See you tomorrow.

 

Sawyer: See you!

 

*Sawyer waves and heads inside the house. He watches her enter the house and smiles to himself.

 

Allen's mind: You’re the most beautiful when you smile, Sawyer.

And someday I will confess to you. 

*thinks about Serim and his hand curls up*

But Serim, I don’t trust you anymore.

Don’t you think you have done enough to Sawyer’s heart already?

There’s no way I’ll lose to you. I’m going to make her my girl before you do. Just watch me.

 

*Allen motorcycles away.