Chapter 18 Cheer Up

My Turn

Next day…

 

*Sawyer arrives at the school and Allen is already there waiting for her at the school gates. He runs up to her.

 

Allen: Good morning

 

Sawyer: Morning

 

*The two walk together inside the school awkwardly. Allen speaks up first. 

 

Allen: Look, about yesterday, I’m sorry if I rushed my confession to you. I mean you liked Serim and all. 

 

Sawyer: I used to like him. 

 

Allen: Huh? What do you mean?

 

Sawyer: *pecks his cheek* Why does that matter when I have you as my boyfriend now?

 

Allen: So is that a yes? 

 

*Sawyer nods

 

Sawyer: Yes. 

 

Allen: Great I’m so glad to hear that! *holds her hand* Let’s go then.

 

*Sawyer and Allen heads inside the school together. Serim watches this from afar and his heart breaks seeing the girl he likes date his best friend. 

Serim's mind: I never had the chance to tell her what happened that night.

 

*Serim heads inside the school with heavy footsteps. He enters the classroom first trying not to look at their direction. After going to her locker, he drops her off in front of her classroom.

 

Allen: I’ll see you later at recess.

 

Sawyer: Sounds good.

 

*Allen hugs her and sends her off. She heads inside the classroom. Serim heads to the classroom and bonks into Allen. Allen grabs onto his collar and pushes him to the wall in rage.

 

Allen: Do you think it’s fun breaking Sawyer’s heart like that? She may still like you but she will move on from you and choose me.

 

Serim: I know I messed up big time I-

 

Allen: Yeah clearly you did. You know what? Don’t come near her. You have done enough to her already. 

 

*Allen pushes him away from him into the wall once more and walks away. Serim dusts off his shirt and enters the classroom. He makes eye contact with Sawyer. She quickly looks away from him and pretends to study.

 

Sawyer: I know this is hard but you have to move on from him. He doesn’t like you. *convinces herself*

 

*Serim looks at her with a sad look in his eyes

 

Serim's mind: Hope you’re happy with Allen though. 

 

Later at lunchtime…

 

*Allen and Sawyer are so lovey dovey with each other that it makes their friends annoyed by their affection.

 

Minhee: Seriously you two get a room!

 

Wonjin: I never expected you two to date though.

 

Taeyoung: Tell me about it.

 

*Serim stands up and slams his spoon onto the table making his friends slightly jumps. He grabs his tray of food and walks away.

 

Serim: I’m suddenly not hungry.

 

Bora: Serim ah, wait for me!!

 

Dayoung: I’m so sorry Sawyer about what happened between you and Serim. If it wasn’t for that witch-

 

Allen: It’s cool *arm around her shoulder* She’s happy with me right?

 

Sawyer: Yeah. *she says while looking at Serim*

 

Sawyer’s mind: Why is it so hard to move on from you?

 

After school…

 

*Sawyer and Allen leave the school holding hands. Sawyer still seem a bit down and Allen noticed. He suddenly pinches her cheeks and pulls her frown into a smile.

 

Allen: Smile for me babe

 

Sawyer: Stop it Allen I’m not in the mood

 

Allen: Eh? Not in the mood? Even if I do this?

 

*Allen tickles her sides and she starts to giggle.

 

Sawyer: Allen, stop!!

 

Allen: Let’s go out. That might cheer you up.

 

Sawyer: I don’t know, Allen, I-

 

*Before Sawyer could finish her sentence, Allen pulls her arm and drags her away.

 

Sawyer: Ya, Allen, I said I’m not in the mood.

 

Later…

 

*The AlYer couple have a good time together at Myeongdong shopping and eating delicious food. Though she still had feelings for Serim, she decided to give Allen a chance. After all he’s her boyfriend and she had to accept the fact. 

 

Allen: Feeling better babe?

 

Sawyer: *nods* Much better thank you

 

*Allen pinches her cheeks

 

Allen: Smile for me from now on?

 

Sawyer: I will. *pecks his lips*