Chapter 3 I Don't Understand

My Turn

After school…

 

*Students file out of the school talking and laughing amongst themselves. Sawyer leaves the school and Allen sees her. He runs up to her and puts an arm around her shoulder.

 

Allen: Hey Sawyer, come hang out with us! 

 

Sawyer: I don’t know, Allen, I-

 

Allen: Oh come on, you’re always making excuses.

 

Sawyer: Am not!

 

Allen: Then hang out with us!!

 

Wonjin: Please sis?

 

Sawyer: Fine!!!

 

Hyeongjun: Yay!! Let’s go nuna!!

 

*Hyeongjun and Allen drags Sawyer away

 

Sawyer: Ow ow you guys! You’re hurting my arm!!

 

Later…

 

*They have room playing video games in the PC room and karaoke room all except Serim. He seemed distracted and bothered by the fact that his friends are liking Sawyer, their new friend. Serim didn’t like her one bit. 

 

Serim’s mind: What’s so cool about her? That gets in my nerves.

 

*Serim thinks to himself as he sees her laughing with Woobin and Jungmo. 

 

*After the rest of the day together, Sawyer, Wonjin and Serim heads home. 

 

Wonjin: See you tomorrow hyung!

 

Serim: See you! 

 

*Wonjin and Sawyer head separate ways from Serim. Serim looks back at them.

 

Serim’s mind: How in the world is she our friend? I don’t understand. *shakes head*

 

*Serim heads inside his house

 

Wonjin: So did you like your first day of school, nuna?

 

Sawyer: It was fine. I have a question.

 

Wonjin: What is it?

 

Sawyer: What’s with Serim? Is he always that rude?

 

Wonjin: Serim hyung is not a bad guy. He may seem rude but he’s actually really nice.

 

Sawyer: I see.

 

*Sawyer looks back at Serim’s house.

 

Sawyer: But I don’t understand him at all.

 

A few days later…

 

*Sawyer has gotten used to her new school and her new friends but she still didn’t like Serim one bit. He was so rude and obnoxious to her that it got on her nerves. But there was one more thing that Sawyer didn’t understand about him.

 

*The girl students started screaming when Serim entered the hallway with Cravity. He pushed Sawyer out of the way causing her to fall onto the ground.

 

Sawyer: That jerk I swear I’ll-

 

*Just then a sound of footsteps approaches her. She looks up and sees a smiling Allen. He reaches out his hand and she grabs it. She quickly gets up.

 

Allen: Good morning, Sawyer. Are you okay? *worried*

 

Sawyer: Yeah, I’m fine Allen. Thanks for your concern.

 

*Sawyer gets up

 

Allen: Are you sure?

 

Sawyer: I’m fine Allen. I’m fine.

 

Allen: On Friday after school, we’re going to the race track again. You’re coming right?

 

Sawyer: Sure Allen.

 

Allen: Great! It will be a blast for sure! You’re an amazing racer, Sawyer.

 

Sawyer: *politely declines* No I’m not. I’m just an amateur.

 

Allen: Says the one who almost beat me.

 

Sawyer: I am going to beat you this time!

 

Allen: No you’re not!!

 

*Allen puts his arm around her head and headlocks her

 

Allen: Can you beat this?

 

Sawyer: Allen, Allen, ow let go! I can’t breathe! Allen!!

 

*Allen quickly runs away and Sawyer runs after him. Serim watches from afar.

 

Serim: How in the world is Allen so close to her? I don’t understand.