Chapter 7: Mr. Saengseon

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baek Seungheon was Mr. Fish.

Wonwoo had been curious about Jieun's fiance ever since she mentioned his name, but it turned out to be just a nickname. Or some sort of weird endearment, he was not the one to judge. He remebered his boss called his fiancee as "Jigeum" or "Geumi" so he did not expect Seungheon to welcome them there.

"Wonwoo?" He asked, recognizing him first while approaching them. "Eunhye? What are you two, lovebirds, doing here?" He pointed at Wonwoo. "You said you have to go somewhere important."

"They're my chaperone, Oppa," Jieun said excitedly, an arm around Eunhye's, who stood there, frozen like an ice.

Wonwoo would not blame her. Through digging around her friends, he learned what happened between her and Seungheon waaay back then, and here was a friend of hers, getting married to him, soon. He, himself, did not know how to process that yet. For now, he just had to get out of the heat of the sun because his eyes hurt due to his astigmatism.

"What do you mean chaperone?" Seungheon was saying. "They'll sneak off some place to be together. They're not even married yet but they're worse than newly weds."

"Eyy, Hyung."

Jieun turned to Wonwoo. "You're guests here, now, so don't think of him as your boss, or anything."

"I didn't know you, two, know each other," Seungheon said, pointing to the two girls. "Were you going to my coffee shop whenever I'm not there and she's spying on him?"

Jieun stuck her tongue playfully at him and pulled Eunhye with her inside the house. "We've been friends since college. I'm surprised you know her. But then I should have remember she used to work for that coffee shop." She turned to Eunhye. "Right, Eonni? Let's get out of this heat, though. You look like you're going to go blind."

Wonwoo followed them, worrying about Eunhye's pale face. She seemed to be not feeling well since that morning, and the way she seemed to recognize the place earlier made him uneasy.  Jieun was too excited to notice and dragged her around, touring them all throughout the house. Seungheon went to fetch them welcome drinks.

The indoor pool was a new addition to the house, located on the third floor, which she explained used to be just a plain rooftop and a room. There was another pool out in the yard, which had also been cleaned in case they wanted to take a dip.

"Seon-oppa and I had been preparing for lunch, so you're actually right in time," Jieun said animatedly as they went down to the second floor, where she opened a door, revealing a spacious room with a queensized bed. "Eonni, you and I will stay in this bedroom. I think this used to be Oppa's room. Wonwoo, you'll use this other bedroom--oops, I think THIS was Oppa's old room."

"What about Hyung?"

"He'll take the bedroom downstairs." Sighing after all her excitement passed, she turned to Eunhye who had not said a word since they got there. "Eonni, are you okay?"

"She stayed up playing games," Wonwoo answered for her.

"What? Eonni, you never change." She opened the first door again. "Then just take a rest, we'll call you when lunch is ready. Wonwoo can take your things up here, right?"

"N-no, I'd rather stay in the--"

"Oho," Jieun nagged. "I said you're guests. And I need you up later tonight for barbeque and girl talk afterwards so save your energy."

***'


Eunhye's first instinct was to run, but Jieun had her arms around her, keeping her in place. Wonwoo's eyes burned on her the whole time and she could not even reach out to him and take a breather. There were too many stimuli happening that when Jieun pulled her inside a bedroom, she stopped resisting.

She should not have come.

The moment she was left alone in the room, she took her phone out and called Chanyeol.

"Did you ask him yet?" was his first question when he picked up.

"No, I have a bigger problem," she said.

"Don't tell me you're pregnant."

"Shut up, listen to me." She got up and shut the door, only to go back to the bed and hid under the duvet. "I'm at Incheon with Jieun and her fiance."

"With Wonwoo?"

"Yes. And guess where in Incheon are we?"

"Uh... Seulgi's place?"

She rolled her eyes. "Don't you know someone else who lived in Incheon?"

"Not that I remember... except for your ex, but..." He paused to wait for her answer but she kept silent. "No. Baek Seungheon?"

"Yes!"

"But isn't that where you and Seungheon-hyung stayed before he left?"

"Yes, and Wonwoo's here. I don't know what to do. Can you come get me?"

He laughed at her childish request. "What sort of twisted doughnut fate is this? How many guys' hearts did you hurt to get to this?"

"If this is karma, you should be worried about what's coming for you, then," she snapped, ticked off by his uselessness. He even laughed at her.

"Well, you and Seungheon are a thing of the past," he reminded her. "So there's nothing to worry about, unless you're in the same room where the two of you did it and you have to look Wonwoo in the eye."

Her friend should be thankful that she was fifty miles away.

"No, he turned that room into an indoor pool," she answered. "He, too, probably wanted to erase that memory."

"I knew you were bad at it," he teased some more. "He even ran away--"

She could not stand it anymore and pressed END, satisfying herself with the thought that she hung up on him. Her triumph was short lived, though because when she looked towards the door, she found Wonwoo standing there with her backpack, and a bottle of drinking water. She must not have heard him when he came in.

He slowly placed the bag down and closed the door behind him before going to her to sit beside her and hand her the water bottle. He stared at the sheets and seemed to be thinking for a while before meeting her eyes again.

"Eunhye-ya."

Whenever he called her without honorifics, it was either he was angry, or they were making love. The latter was definitely not the case. He surprised her when he took her hand gently, although she could tell he was holding something back. She was sure she heard at least the last part of her phone call with Chanyeol.

"Does it bother you that we're here?" Wonwoo asked. "Do you want to leave? I can tell them you're not feeling well."

"Wonwoo, about this place--"

"I know," he cut her off. "I know. Seungheon-hyung asked me to check on you, but he didn't have to. If this place holds a bad memory for you, I don't care what promise you said to Jieun-noona, I'll carry you out of here."

"I'm just afraid our past will bother you," she confessed. Even though she never actually told him what happened about her and Seungheon, her friends did. Chanyeol and his big mouth. "I don't even remember what happened here."

He nodded, accepting her explanation. "Then I won't let it bother me as long as you promise me you're not hung up on him."

"Gosh, no," she assured him. "Whatever happened was one of the worst memories I had so I forced myself to forget, although I don't have any hard feelings for him."

"Good." Wonwoo caressed her cheek. "Can I stay here? Seeing them being so sweet with each other made me miss you, even though you're just a few feet away."

Her previous uneasiness crept back up on her, now that she finally solved the immediate problem. She was starting to hate herself more and more. Wonwoo was so understanding about her past relationships but she could not do the same for him. In her mind, her imagination and reason was at war. She could almost hear Chanyeol's voice coaxing her to ask him now.

"I want to sleep for a bit," she told him instead.

"Okay, I'll just read here," Wonwoo said, adjusting himself next to her, his back against the headboard as he opened a book he brought with him. Eunhye settled herself and laid her head against the soft pillow, letting exhaustion envelop her as Wonwoo brushed her hair with one hand. In no time, she was snoring softly.

The soon-to-be-married couple decided to let Eunhye sleep through lunch, but Wonwoo brought her food after, worried about her stomach. The two went for a swim in the new pool, while Eunhye and Wonwoo stayed in the small garden, not touching the water.

Eunhye made them all coffee, taking that time to teach Wonwoo more advanced latte art. After that, the four of them played a couple of board games and card games before it was time for dinner.

They had barbeque out in the yard until Eunhye and Jieun went inside to sing some karaoke while the guys talked about more serious things in life that the girls found boring.

All the while, Eunhye tried her best to enjoy the time with her friend, but she could not help notice how Wonwoo was extra careful around them, and just stuck to talking to her or Seungheon. It was like he was avoiding Jieun, who was actually just casual with him. But when he did talk to his old tutor, his voice would be lower and gentler, so Eunhye was confused.

***'


"Does she know?" Eunhye quietly asked as she sat a couple of feet away from Seungheon as he toasted some marshmallows after Jieun said she wanted smores.

Wonwoo lost the game that decided who was going to wash the dishes, and Jieun said she was going to cook ramyeon for their midnight snack so they were alone for the first time that day.

"She does, now," he replied. "I talked to her earlier this afternoon. I promised to tell her everything. She said she had been badmouthing that guy who ran away from you for a while, but ended up being engaged to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter