Chapter 15: Motorcycle

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhye was so thankful when Lee Hyeri waved at her and gestured for her to sit beside her. Her frown came back to her face when she spied Chanyeol sitting on the TA desk. From what she remembered, he had a different TA class for this period but he probably moved things around so he could accommodate.

"Go get your quiz," Hyeri reminded her.

"Right."

She was not sure she should be happy that the actual professor was not there yet because Chanyeol was the TA who accepted the period. When she got to the desk, she cleared .

He reluctantly looked up from his phone to glare at her. Then, he pointed to the stack of papers that were sitting on the desk. She took one but remained standing.

"I need an answer sheet."

Chanyeol sighed and opened the desk drawer. He scribbled down at the corner of the sheet and handed it to her with a blank look on her face. LATE, it said.

"It's just four minutes," she said while gritting her teeth. "No one picked me up at the hospital and it's rush hour."

"I'm not your professor," he replied. "Tell him that when he asks. Not that it will matter since you probably have special privileges."

"That's not fair."

He took back the answer sheet from her. "Don't take the quiz, then."

Fuming, Eunhye took the answer sheet with the LATE note on it and turned back to her seat. Getting an idea, she walked back to the TA desk and took Chanyeol's phone, locked the screen and placed it on the table face down to get back at him. She hoped she cracked the screen.

"YAA!"

All the other students looked up to the two of them. She did not care and smirked on her way back to her seat. She met eyes with Mark on her way there and he had a disappointed look on his face.

"What?" she mouthed. "He started it."

The guy just shook his head and went back to his test.

She had a hard time answering even just the first question, wasting ten minutes just to calm herself down so she could make sense of it. It was like all the things she studied for the previous night were for nothing.

Fights with Chanyeol were always messy. Unlike with Zico, she and Chanyeol actually try to get back each other as many times as possible. When they were kids, theirs would turn to fist fights and Chanyeol always went home crying. It was unfair because he never really meant to hurt her, but she felt satisfied every time she got her revenge on him. When they grew up, she realized it and she tried her best not to be that toxic anymore.

Sure that she flunked the test and would have gotten better scores if she just submitted her medical certificate instead of actually taking the test, she handed the paper to Hyeri when it was time to gather them so she would not have to go down to submit it to the TA. She saw Chanyeol study his phone screen earlier and she immediately felt bad about cracking it.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket, saving her from her own thoughts of going down there and apologize to Chanyeol. She brightened when she saw it was a text from Wonwoo, but also immediately panicked when she saw the notification of 17 missed calls and 19 unread texts. She had forgotten to tell him she was out of the hospital again.

♥Mine♥: i have classes all day today
♥Mine♥: r u discharged already?
♥Mine♥: i saw zico-hyung
♥Mine♥: is anyone picking u up?
♥Mine♥: ur not answering
♥Mine♥: r u out of the hospital?
♥Mine♥: do u have class?
♥Mine♥: call me if u read this
♥Mine♥: where r u?
♥Mine♥: hye
♥Mine♥: pls reply
♥Mine♥: need to ask u something
♥Mine♥: can i call?
♥Mine♥: im going to class now
♥Mine♥: just one text
♥Mine♥: u can't do it?
♥Mine♥: im worried now
♥Mine♥: r u in class??
♥Mine♥: srsly???????

Why did the texts sound angry? She quickly replied that she was in a test and was not able to check her phone. Looking at the time, she would not be able to see him until three hours.

"Fifteen minutes break," Chanyeol called from the front of the classroom. "Then Professor Lee Junki will be back for the rest of your class. Thanks, guys."

Mark approached her as soon as their TA was gone. "What was that earlier?"

She opened to answer but then her phone vibrated again.

♥Mine♥: a motorcycle, really?

Eunhye felt cold and she got up from her seat. "I have to go."


***'


Whatever Professor Moon Huijoon was talking about, Wonwoo had no idea. His mind was still on the intersection outside their school gate. His fingers drummed on the desk, his knees were rocking up and down and he would bite his nails occassionally.

"Stop fidgeting," Soonyoung told him. "Do you need to go to the bathroom?"

Wonwoo's phone buzzed and he checked it.

Mine: I'm outside
Mine: how long is your class?

He excused himself with the excuse of not feeling well on the stomach and going to the clinic. When he got out of the room, he found Eunhye staring at the floor, her back to the wall while biting her nail. Wonwoo walked to her and took her finger away from her teeth to stop her from doing it.

"I was late for the test, I just didn't want to have to take a catcch-up test in his office alone with him."

"Not here," he said and pulled her to the end of the hallway towards the fire exit stairwell so they could talk ther.

"I'm sorry I didn't check my phone," Eunhye said as soon as they were in a quiet enough place. "Yunho was seeing outpatients and I had to process my discharge papers alone. Zico didn't pick me up and I was late for class... I mean the test."

"You could've called in sick."

"It's HIS class," she explained, not helping cool Wonwoo's head down. "I didn't want to have to ask for a favor. Worse, I'll have to take the test in his office. I'd rather get hit by a truck."

"So that's why you rode a motorcycle to school? I thought you hated that." 

He remembered how mad she was at Chanyeol for buying one just last month. She was ready with a powerpoint presentation about motorcycle accidents that she had used for her term paper last semester.

"It was a kid I knew and he was careful, and there were no cabs. He got me here in five minutes."

"You rushed here in a motorcycle and you thought it was safe? Remember the statistics you lectured us about traffic accidents on them? You could have crashed."

She reached for his hand on his hips but he shoved it down his pocket instead, evading her touch. He felt bad when he saw her put it behind her back. He got a glimpse of some remaining rash on her arm and he felt guilty. He had been ranting about motorcycles and possible accidents when what he wanted to actually ask was why Yibo was dropping her off along with sweet gestures like taking the helmet off of her and... He did not want to think about other things, but what he witnessed in the break room the previous night did not help.

"I know," she sighed. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again. And I'll make sure to call you on time. Can you stop being mad? You're scaring me."

Wonwoo turned his attention to the window behind her and looked at the trees and the buildings outside. He did not like how Yibo had started at Eunhye while got to the gate before speeding of in his ridiculously expensive bike.

"I asked the kid a favor because he owed me a little," she said quietly. "That was Yunho's patient that I helped before. The one I told you about. He happened to have a checkup with Yunho earlier and we met coincidentally."
 
"I didn't ask."

"Exactly," she deadpanned. "Wasn't that what you wanted to ask, though?"

He looked at her again and found her staring at a button on his shirt. How was Wonwoo going to explain to her what he felt when he was not even sure what he was feeling at the moment? First he was mad at himself that he did not pick her up at the hospital because he believed her that her best friend was going to take care of her like she said. Then, he was angry that she always forgot to call him for something important and made him worry. He was furious that someone else drove her to school and it had to be Yibo whom he had seen with at least two girls in the cafe and that did not even include Minkyeung yet. Wonwoo wanted to hit something.

"I used to date Im Nayoung," he blurted out. He somehow wanted to make her feel some of what he was feeling at the moment and it was the first thing that came to mind.

Eunhye was about to say something else but she closed . He watched her breathe in and out multiple times before speaking again.

"I won't fight with you," she said in an eerily calm voice. "I already said I'm sorry for worrying you, for not calling you and for even addressing my transportation problem rather recklessly. And I really am sorry about all of that. If you hate it that I rode some kid's motorcycle, as well, I'm sorry. That's what I came here to say. Let's talk when you're not as mad at me as you are right now."

Wonwoo kept his mouth shut in case he said something else he would regret.

"Promise me, we'll talk, though," Eunhye told him, meeting his eyes. He nodded in response. She hesitated but then gently patted his arm. "Go back to class," she said gently before walking away.

He only realized he was holding his breath when his chest started to ache and he let out the air he had been holding. What just happened?


***'

I used to date Im Nayoung, he said.

It finally made sense to Eunhye now. She remembered how sour Wonwoo turned when they met Im Nayoung for the first time in that birthday get-away, how hostile he was towards her when she brought the girl to the coffee shope, and why Nayoung seemed to get out of her way not to talk about Wonwoo when they were together, but then never stopped going on about how he was like during highschool the moment she started.

Her imagination was full of a younger Nayoung and even younger Wonwoo on a date in a basketball court. If she was not mistaken, that was where they first became friends. It did not help that her imagination could go into realistic scenarios.

"Do you have a class here after this?" she heard Mark ask, making her look around. The class was over. "Or are you waiting for Wonwoo?"

The other students were leaving. She had to turn Hyeri down when she asked if she wanted to go with them to the toast place outside the school.

"Did I ever give you a reason to think I was cheating on you?" she asked her ex in front of her before she could stop herself.

"Why so random?" Mark turned at Kihyun by the door, then decided not to go with them and shook his head. He placed his bag on the table and sat down, a good four feet away from her. "Where is this coming from?"

"I just wondered," Eunhye went on. "When we were together, you always hated it when I hang out with my guy friends no matter how many times I told you they were just that."

"Are we resolving our past issues now? Or this is a reference to a more-recent situation?"

She clucked her tongue in annoyance but realized he was aski

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter