Chapter 9: Good Samaritan

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noona!" Seokmin looked super excited when she walked into their apartment with Wonwoo. He and Seungcheol were eating jjajangmyeon when they arrived.

"Yeah!" Seungcheol made a cheer when he looked up and saw her. "Finally, someone I can play with!"

"Battlegrounds?" Eunhye challenged.

Wonwoo pulled her away from the dining area. "You're not playing with him."

"Nooo--" Seungcheol stretched his hand out dramatically as Wonwoo dragged her to his new rrom. "Noona!"

"I'll sneak away," Eunhye mouthed, laughing when Wonwoo looked behind him and saw her at the right time, then clamped a hand over before closing the door to separate them from the rest of the house.

"Seungcheol or me?" he asked, sounding like a kid.

"You," she answered right away. "If you let me play Battlegrounds with him."

Wonwoo locked the door behind her in response, making her laugh. In attempt to get away from him, she looked around. This was her first time inside this room because it had always been closed when Jihoon still lived there. She was surprised about how clean and neat everything was, although it was not to the same level as Jisoo's. Just enough to make it cozy and comfortable, without making her feel like she was intruding and fear she might move something out of its place.

"Mingyu's been studying hotel interior design," Wonwoo explained, following her eyes. "Saves me the trouble of cleaning."

He walked to what looked like a small refrigerator and took out a can of Coke before going to a huge closet on the other side of the room. He handed her a clean shirt, a pair of shorts and a towel. She was dreading she would get teased about it the moment she walked down to the end of the hall where the bathroom was, which also meant she had to pass by the other rooms, but the guys were pretty cool about it, like it was not the first time a girl stayed over.

When she asked Wonwoo about it, he confirmed she was right.

"Seungcheol brings his girlfriends over all the time," he said. "And sometimes, I still have to sleep on the living room when Mingyu does."

"So he moved on, huh."

"Far from it," Wonwoo contradicted. "It's a different girl every time. He's trying to look like he's okay, but he's obviously not. He and his friends are out in Itaewon again. Clubbing."

She sighed, feeling bad for their friend. It was worse because Hani did not look that affected at all even though they dated for three years.

There was a knock at the door and the sound of Seungcheol's voice calling.

"Wonwoo, let me borrow her."

"No."

Seungcheol turned the knob anyway and opened the door to find Eunhye organizing the drinks inside the fridge.

"Oh no, she's worse than Mingyu," he muttered.

Wonwoo nodded. "Probably should not let her near the other fridge."

"Noona, let's play."

Eunhye looked around the room and realized Wonwoo's computer was not there.

"It's still in his room," Wonwoo explained, guessing what she was looking for. "I was too lazy to move it and there's not much space in here. It also helps me to stop pulling all-nighters every night."

"You're barely home these days," Seungcheol reminded him. "What do you mean all-nighter? But, seriously. Let us play. I haven't played over the weekend."

Eunhye conjured up all the sweet energy from her body and put them in her eyes. "Just an hour? And I'll buy fried chicken if we win."

"One hour and then we're watching that movie."

She jumped up after closing the fridge door and followed Seungcheol out of Wonwoo's room to his. Wonwoo was at her heels and logged onto his computer for her.

"Okay," she said when she sat down. "Let's go to the browsing history."

"You won't find anything there," Wonwoo said smugly.

"He uses his phone for that," Seungcheol whispered very loudly he should not have bothered to lean in. Wonwoo clamped a hand over his mouth and dragged him away from his girlfriend.

"Duo or Squad?" Eunhye asked to change the subject before Wonwoo started to beat his hyung up. She was scared Seungcheol would start to retaliate and break some of his bones.

Seungcheol scanned his list of friends and did not find anyone he felt like playing with. Most of Eunhye's were either Offline or already in their own games as well. The only one she saw online was Yibo, seeing his username in Chinese characters.

"Let's go with Duo," she decided when Seungcheol did not answer, sending the invite to him before he found another player.

"I'll choose the flavors of the chicken," Wonwoo volunteered, scrolling through his phone for stores available for delivery nearby while they played.

Seungcheol was as noisy as he always was, influencing the soft-spoken Eunhye who used to just whisper whenever she trash talked. After two failed attempts at winning, Wonwoo later took Seungcheol's seat while the older guy went to shower, only to later announce he had to go out. Jisoo went with him, too.

"Do you wanna come with us to the club?" Jisoo asked Seokmin who came to watch their game.

The youngest shook his head vigorously. The thought of having to meet strangers in a dark crowded place terrified him. Besides, going with the two older guys was not really a selling point.

Seokmin looked interested with the game, and the couple ended up teaching him how to play. The three of them played for another hour until Wonwoo remembered she wanted to watch the movie.

"Which one are you watching?"

"Pride and Prejudice," Eunhye answered as she shut down Wonwoo's gaming computer.

"Hyung can I watch, too?" Seokmin begged. "I wanted to see that, too. Or will I be crashing your date? If then, I'll just watch in my room."

Wonwoo chuckled at Seokmin's cute ramblings. He knew he and Jisoo watched a horror movie the other night, so he was probably still scared. "It's not a problem. We were going to watch in the living room anyway."

"Let's order that food," Eunhye said, realizing she did not eat yet since the cheeseburger that afternoon. "At least I can have actual chicken for dinner."

"Sorry Noona," Seokmin muttered, looking so guilty she almost hugged him. "I'll practice more and play with you guys next time."

"Don't," she warned. "You'll get hooked like we were."

The three gathered in the living room, the boys sitting on the couch while Eunhye took the floor, resting her back against Wonwoo's knees. None of them said a word as the movie played, all of them focused on each scene and dialogue until the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Seokmin volunteered, jumping from his seat while Wonwoo paused the screen.

"He's so cute," Eunhye chuckled.

"I'm cute, too," Wonwoo said, pouting, when he heard her.

She eyed him, thinking whether she should further or not. "Whatever."

He slightly kicked her back with his knees in protest, but smiled widely when Seokmin came back with a box of fried chicken, immediately going for a leg as soon as it was opened.

"I'll get some drinks," Eunhye said and went to Wonwoo's room to take some from the fridge. Her boyfriend did not looked pleased when he saw her, but she just smiled sweetly at him as she handed Seokmin one can of cola first.

"Those are mine," Wonwoo argued.

She carressed his face once. "What's yours is mine. What's mine is ours."

It took Seokmin three seconds to get what she meant and when he did, he burst out laughing. "Wah. Noona's sense is amazing."

They resumed the movie more comfortably now, and Eunhye realized they were tensed before. Seokmin probably felt like he was intruding, especially since Eunhye had been paying him more attention than Wonwoo. She was doing it on purpose, of course, subtly getting back at him for making her jealous with Jieun (unconsciously). It was childish, but she had to do it so she would easily get over things.

Halfway through the movie, the two other occupants of the house got back from the club, surprised to see them there. Jisoo joined them while Seungcheol went ahead to wash and retire for the night.

"Why is he suddenly confessing?" Wonwoo asked her when they got to the part that Mr. Darcy told Elizabeth Bennet he loved her in the most obnoxious way after he was discovered to have broken up her older sister and his best friend. "He looked angry all the time and out of the blue, he loves her?"

"That's rich coming from you," Jisoo commented, making Seokmin and Eunhye laugh. "But yeah, you got the point of the story. That's why it's called Pride and Prejudice."

"Thanks, Jisoo," Eunhye said to him when he took the words right out of , while she rewound the video a few seconds before Wonwoo interrupted them.

After the movie, Jisoo explained some of the things to Seokmin such as the culture and traditions at that period, saving Eunhye from having to do it. This went on in Seokmin's room as they talked about watching another movie without the couple.

"Do I look angry all the time?" Wonwoo asked when they were back in the confines of his room.

Eunhye snorted. "Sort of. But I'm not someone who can judge because that's a problem for me, too."

"Do I look angry now?"

"Yes."

His shoulders slumped. He sat down on his bed and stretched his arms out, silently asking for her to come to him. Happily, she obliged.

"Just as I thought," he muttered. "Even getting my own room isn't enough. I had to share you with them."

She smacked his arm. "No, you don't."

"I probably have enough for down payment," he went on. "I might move out in a month. I definitely need my own place."

"Will Mingyu live with you?"

He looked at the other bed that was currently empty. "I don't know. He'll probably move in with Eunwoo once a room opens up at his place. I think I remind him too much of Hani-noona. There's also the risk of seeing her again because you're friends with her."

Eunhye could only sigh. Mingyu and Hani were the ones who introduced the two of them, but they broke up a couple of months ago. None of them would tell anyone why, just that "it did not work out", which was bullsh*t in her opinion. However, she did not press their friends.

"Do you think Seungcheol's asleep?" she asked. "I was thinking about playing a couple of runs. I haven't really tried that new gun yet."

The guy, as it turned out, was not asleep and was actually watching some variety show on his phone. When the two asked if they could play, he let them, and even watched alongside. It was past two AM when they stopped.

Eunhye could still hear the gunshots in the back of her mind when they went back to Wonwoo's room. She finally realized how convenient their refrigerator was because she did not have to go all the way to the kitchen to get herself a drink. Thanking that Wonwoo also had a habit of drinking a lot of water because the small fridge was full of them.

His bed was even narrower than hers, so they could only spoon when they lied down. Her heart started drumming against her chest when Wonwoo encircled his arm around her waist and felt him inhale the scent of her hair.

"This shampoo and the size of my bed reminds me of that motel," he said quietly.

"Shh," she hushed. Her breath hitched when she felt his fingers sliding underneath the huge shirt she had on. "We're not alone in the house."

"So stop me."

(The rest of this will be in Happy Ending - Hidden Chapters soon)

 

****'

 

Eunhye felt like she had not slept enough when her phone woke her up. Ready to curse whoever the caller was, she answered it.

"What?"

"Don't tell me you're still sleeping."

Hearing her older brother's voice took the sleep off of her mind entirely and she sat straight up, waking Wonwoo up who checked the time.

"What is it?" she asked, putting a finger over to tell Wonwoo to keep quiet.

"Uh, you were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago?" Jung Yunho reminded her. "Your appointment with Yoojin-sunbae?"

"Crap." She was supposed to go for a check-up with her gynecologist. She was late and totally unfit for a checkup after what Wonwoo did to her last night. "Is she mad at me?"

"No," her brother answered. "But I am. You have no idea how busy she is to make time for you like that. Can you be here in an hour? She's leaving for Jeju later and won't be back until next week."

"Okay, I'll be there. Please tell her I'm sorry."

"What is it?" Wonwoo asked when she started to get dressed in obvious hurry.

"Doctor's appointment."

He looked worried. "What? Why? Is it your stomach again? I told you to lay off the coffee, didn't I?"

"No, no," she assured him. "It's a regular check-up with the gynecologist. You know, after the..." Forced abortion. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter