Chapter 22: The Past Worming In

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo heard the door open in his room and he opened his eyes. He found Mingyu trying to quietly sneak into the room, and failing, thanks to his big feet and heavy footsteps. His knee bumped into the box of computer junk that Wonwoo had not found the time to throw away (and was too lazy to).

Eunhye stirred in his arms and Wonwoo pulled the blanket up to her chin.

Mingyu mouthed a tiny, "Sorry," and proceeded to open his closet to take out comfortable clothes to change into. "I thought you attended someone else's wedding? Why are you the ones in honeymoon?"

He flashed a fist at Mingyu in warning, but the younger guy just whistled meaningfully. Wonwoo smirked.

"Wipe that grin off your face, Jeon Wonwoo." Eunhye was not even facing Wonwoo but she knew him well. She found her boyfriend's roommate standing frozen in front of their closet. "What are you staring at, Kim Mingyu?"

"Nothing."

"I'm fully clothed, don't worry."

"I didn't say otherwise," the kid said defensively.

"You were thinking it."

"Were you?" Wonwoo asked menacingly. "Ya, get out of my room."

"This is my room too!" He dodged a pillow that Wonwoo threw at him. "And you will need my consent if you want her to sleep over here."

"He won't," Eunhye said. "I'm not sleeping over."

"What?"

She turned her whole body towards Wonwoo so she was facing him. Wonwoo waved Mingyu off so he would leave them alone, which the guy did. 

"You promised you were going to stay here," he reminded her. He pouted.

Eunhye showed her phone to him. Chanyeol had been texting her all afternoon, with the last text telling her that Zico would not stop crying after he woke up.

"I also promised them," she pointed out. Her friends had always been there whenever she was sad. It was not fair if she turned her back on them now. "Why don't you come with me?"

That was the worst compromise Wonwoo ever heard from her and he pouted even more. "I don't want to invade the time you spend with your friends." I just wanted you to spend more time with me even just for today, he thought but did not add.

"They won't mind," Eunhye insisted. "Besides, they'll probably like your company even more. Every time I went, they would look for you. And I think it would do Zico good to have someone who looks up to him present so he'll stop moping around."

"Are you sure?"

"If I go alone, I will have to go home by myself, too," she started, a smirk starting to form on her face. "Wouldn't that be dangerous? If I sleep over there, you're going to get mad at me..."

"You're evil, you know that?"

"Only when I want to be," she admitted shamelessly, knowing she won  him over. She was never really worried about going home on her own, she had been doing that before. She just had to get under his skin. "Please?"

From somewhere outside the room, they heard Kim Mingyu yelling.

"Why is my foam cleanser in the trash bin?!"

Wonwoo's face scrunched up in silent laughter was almost enough for her to completely forget about her friends. She was ready to give in in case Wonwoo made another attempt to thwart her mind but he did not.

"Okay, but we'll stay here for ten more minutes," was all he said before snuggling closer to her.


******'


"Oh, he changed the passcode."

Eunhye looked up to Wonwoo confused. The lock took the code she put in and the door opened but she just stood there.

"I thought his code was your birthday," he asked, noticing that the numbers she put in were different. "Wasn't it?"

"He replaced it with the day he lost his ity." 

Of course she was lying, because the date that she put in was the day she almost left this world. During their fight, Zico said he put it there to keep her out of her house but later he admitted that he put it to remind himself.

"You tell each other those things?!" Wonwoo followed her inside.

She was not sure why he was still surprised to find that out. Of course they told each other every thing.

"They knew when I lost mine, it was only fair I learned theirs, too."

"Ya. Don't joke about that."

Eunhye rolled her eyes. She had the right to make light of her own trauma. How else was she going to get over them? She placed a hand on his abdomen as a gesture to calm him down, feeling his hard abs underneath his shirt.

"Do you remember when you lost yours?" she asked quietly. A sense of victory came to her when his face flushed.

"What did you lose?" It was Chanyeol, meeting them in the vestibule.

"Nothing that concerns you," Eunhye said dismissively. "Where are you going?"

"Going to buy some drinks," he said, putting on his shoes. "Wonwoo. Good you're here. Do you guys want anything?"

"Uh, Coke?" Wonwoo replied.

"The usual," Eunhye answered. She pointed to what Wonwoo had been carrying with him. "We brought pizza and chicken."

She pushed Wonwoo to go inside the actual apartment, telling him where to put them, so she could ask Chanyeol about Zico

"Oh, he's fine now," her friend gossiped. "After two hours of crying. You seriously left me to fend for myself here."

"Sorry. I got a little... carried away." She bit her lower lip to annoy him.

"Jung Eunhye, you're so disgusting." He poked his fingers in his ears as if that would erase what she just said. "I didn't need to know that! Ugh!"

"It's your fault," Eunhye snapped, savoring her revenge. "You made him look too good. Don't dress him up ever again."

"Lesson learned, man."

When she caught up with her boyfriend and other best friend in the living room, they had all the pizza and chicken boxes open. Zico's eyes were red and puffy, making them look even smaller than they usually were. Half of her felt bad for him and for Chanyeol for having to witness that, while the other half was thankful she was not there for the drama.

"Why did you never bring Wonwoo here before?" Zico asked her as soon as he saw her. "You keep him to yourself too much."

"Well, he's mine." She knelt down across from them on the table and grabbed Zico's cup to sniff it. It was somaek. "And he's usually busy."

"I've been here, hyung," Wonwoo reminded him. "We watched a movie together."

"Right!" Zico clapped his hands once when he remembered. "Back when you, two, were having a *some."

"We weren't," Eunhye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter