Chapter 21: Weddings (Part 2)

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the first time Wonwoo attended a wedding between someone he was close with. He was still in college and none of his friends his age came to this step yet. However, recent events had broadened his network, and he met a lot of people that had now became part of his daily life that he would not have, if not for his girlfriend. If Wonwoo was still single right now, he would probably just in the dorm, playing video games all day, without any care about anything but his ranks and his K/DA.

But even if he could still do that now if he wanted to, there were other things in his mind, such as getting his own place so he would not have to worry about his girlfriend feeling uncomfortable with the other guys he was living with (although she never complained), doing good in school so he could get into a good company when he graduated, which would later help him get enough money so he could give her a wedding that was even better than the one they were attending now. 

So far, none of her friends had looked down on Wonwoo, even if most of them had stable future ahead of them. Her two best friends had their own houses and cars, while he was still that country bumpkin who moved to Seoul since high school, with nothing to brag about. Not that he wanted to brag about anything, but he did not want anyone to look down on him, either. He had not even met her parents, yet, and if he seriously thought about that, it just gave him more pressure.

In this wedding, he learned hers and Jieun's world had been closely knit. They knew the same circle of people--heck even dated the same guy--long before Wonwoo came to any of the picture. Almost everyone there knew Eunhye, even on the groom's side. Seungheon's friends knew her and if Wonwoo heard from any more of them how weird it was that she was one of Jieun's closest friends, he might lose it.

"Can we go now?." Zico asked Eunhye and Wonwoo could not agree more. "There's nothing to do. I'm full."

"You barely ate," Chanyeol said.

Eunhye rolled her eyes and turned to Wonwoo. "Aren't you going to look as -hurt as him? Your first love just got married."

"I'm good."

"Who was Wonwoo's first love?" Zico questioned, hearing what she told him.

"No one you know," she snapped at him.


****'

The newly married couple stopped by the buffet hall before leaving. They wanted to thank all the guests who came so she got to return the kidnapped passport to the rightful owner. Eunhye was surprised to meet Baek Seungheon's father, after knowing their relationship before all this. He even looked better than Seungheon had described him before.

"Thanks for holding on to it," Jieun whispered to Eunhye as soon as they get a moment alone. "I think he almost ran."

She laughed. "He did not." She held her friend's hand. "Go and be happy. I think we've had enough of the food so we might go ahead now, too."

Jieun raised an eyebrow. "Why are you so eager to leave?" She looked at Eunhye's table. "Uh, hot? Now I know why you're in such a hurry."

"Ya!"

Her friend giggled, but then her face turned soft, although serious, as the reality hits her again.

"Eonni, thank you for everything," Jieun said.

Not trusting herself to speak without letting out a pandora box of emotions, she just nodded to acknowledge her friend's gratitude. They were close enough not to need words.

Chanyeol gave Jieun a brief hug, as well as Seungheon, welcoming him to the frienship officially. It was a bit weird how things turned out, given their history, but it was probably meant to be, he said.

On the other hand, Zico merely gave the newly wedded couple a nod and a smile before taking Chanyeol's car key and offerring to take it out of parking.

For a moment, Eunhye saw Jieun's sad expression, although it disappeared as soon as it came. The couple went around the place giving their thanks to all who attended and soon they were off to the airport for their honeymoon.

"Zico's place or mine?" Chanyeol asked as the three of them made their way outside where Zico waited with the car.

"We'll take a cab," Eunhye announced. "Wonwoo and I have to go somewhere else first."

"We do?" Wonwoo asked her, confused. He thought they were going to babysit Zico again, this time, with him invited. He kind of did need a little drink after all of that. After all he sent away his first unrequited love.

Instead of elaborating further, Eunhye bade her best friends goodbye, but not before suggesting to Chanyeol that he take over the wheel.

"We'll go there later and bring dinner," she promised them.

"Where are we going?" Wonwoo asked again when the two were gone.

"Anywhere," she replied. "All that socializing drained my battery so I need to rest. And I want you all to myself. Any suggestions?"

 

*****'


Eunhye thought it would be a waste to go straight home, so she suggested to Wonwoo to go and watch a movie together. She had been hoping to spend more time with Wonwoo, especially because it was not every day that she get to see him in those clothes. Chanyeol really did a good job dressing her boyfriend up.

When they got to the cinema, they were met with the airconditioned room, which gave her goosebumps. Her pride kept shut but she subtly linked her arm around Wonwoo's to steal some warmth as they made their way to their seats.

With both of them still full from the buffet, they got the couple snacks: the one they always said was overpriced. She still thought it was, but she would smile to herself whenever their hands would touch every time they reach for the popcorn at the same time. She was not even paying much attention to the movie. It was a film adaptation of a book she already read, so she knew what was going to happen. 

Their fingers touched once again and Wonwoo paused from eating, letting her get the snack first. She thought he caught on but he went on watching the movie like nothing happened. Eunhye did the same thing and pretended to watch.

It was still early so there were not much people in the cinema, which also meant the air would be colder. She moved a little closer to Wonwoo and reste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter