Chapter 17: Company MT 2

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Yibo got to one checkpoint first but had trouble with the mission there so Wonwoo had time to catch up. He made sure he would finish first, not just because of what Yibo suggested the prize would be after this, but also because he wanted to show Eunhye he could also win games that involved the physical. But damn, was Yibo so competitive and athletic. No wonder he suggested using skateboards as the last mission instead of running. He skated like a pro and Wonwoo was too worried he would fall on his and embarrass himself that he was easily taken over and Yibo kicked his board and was giving Seungheon a high five when Wonwoo got to the end line. He lost.

It meant Wonwoo's team would be washing the dishes later.

Jieun and Eunhye were making their way towards them with wide smiles, amused at watching them suffer with the games they prepared without having to go through any. To rub salt on his would of loss, Yibo suddenly jumped up and down and held his arms out to Eunhye.

Wonwoo almost laughed out loud when he saw his girlfriend see Yibo's sweaty arms and grimaced in disgust, making a huge effort to avoid him and head straight for Wonwoo to circle her arms around his waist.

"I'll help you with the dishes," Eunhye said with a wink at him. She wiped a bead of sweat off of his brow.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and found Yibo behind him. He gave Wonwoo a high five as well. "Hyung, you knew I was just messing with you, right? The tactic worked. It blew you off your track."

Wonwoo just put his arms around Eunhye and shrugged at Yibo with a smile. He did not trust words because he might say something that would cause another fight between him and Eunhye so he rather let it go. Besides, he was still feeling good that she went straight for him without looking at anyone else.


***'

"I'm seeing a different side of Wonwoo today," Jieun told Eunhye as they sat down by the gazebo away from the crowd. "I've never seen him so competitive."

"Try playing video games with him, then," she muttered. Eunhye had long seen that "hidden" side of Wonwoo and that was usually behind the computer monitor, although he had shown her he did not like losing to anything or anyone even before they dated. "Or practically just day to day life."

"But, Eonni, you're also seem to be thinking a lot today," her friend noted. "Are you sure you're okay? I know you're a huge worrier, but we came here to relax and have fun."

"I don't know what you're talking about," she lied. "I'm just feeling the vibes here." Eunhye pointed to the surrounding trees, gesturing at the night sounds of whatever creatures lived in nature. "If you live in Gangnam, you don't get much of this, even in the parks."

Jieun sighed, perhaps in agreement, or in giving up on trying to get her to talk. "I know. Ever since I got back to Seoul, it had been busy busy busy."

Eunhye rested her chin on her hand and turned to her friend beside her. "So by next week, you'll be a wife already. I hope Seungheon makes you happy."

Jieun smiled. It was not a dreamy one like she used to do way back in school when they talked about Zico. No, it was a smile of confidence, as if she already know that she was going to be happy and believes it. Eunhye was so happy for her friend, but also wondered if she would ever get to that point.

"He will. He does."

The group behind them suddenly seemed a bit louder than before and they both turned to see what the commotion was about. It turned out that Minkyeung came, after all. She was hugging Soyeon when Eunhye saw them and found Seungheon patting her head while saying something. She saw Jieun's face change for a fraction of a second, but then it turned to a smile that Eunhye wondered if she imagined it.

Jieun started to get up but Eunhye held her back. "Let's stay here a bit longer. We can join them later."

"I thought you were looking for her earlier." Was there a trace of sulkiness there?

Eunhye chuckled. "Yeah, but I like it here. Besides, you have to explain that one second grimace I saw you make just now."

"What grimace?"

Eunhye just stared at Jieun and her friend sighed.

"It's just..." Jieun started playing with her nails. They were all painted differently since the two of them both tried different designs the other day to know which one would match her wedding dress. "Seon is so nice. He's nice to everyone. Sometimes he's too nice that I wonder if I'm really special, or that's just the way he is."

"Would you rather he was nice to you but a jerk to everyone else?" Eunhye did not want to, but she was reminded of Wonwoo, imagining him looking grim while serving coffee to customers. 

"Of course not!" Jieun looked confused now more than ever. "Sometimes, yeah."

Eunhye pressed her lips together to stop herself from laughing. Jieun glared at her.

"I liked him because he was nice to me," she said. "I just thought, what if some other girl got the wrong idea and fall for him the way I did. What if that girl was better than me and he goes to her, instead?"

That stopped Eunhye from wanting to laugh. Was that Wonwoo was thinking, too?

She flicked Jieun's forehead. "He's marrying you in six days, of course you're special."

"He ran away from you, what if he did it again to me?"

This time, she slapped her friend's shoulder. "Stop that. We were already falling apart way before that, and believe me he was not that nice back then. If anything, he became that way after he met you."

"You think so?"

"I KNOW so. How many times do I have to tell you that?"

Jieun sighed deeply. "I'm talking nonsense again, huh?"

Eunhye mentally kicked herself. Who was she to give this girl an advice like she knew everything. Heck, she could not even properly face her problems with Wonwoo, yet here she was pretending to solve Jieun's issues for her.

"Nah, you're good," Eunhye assured her. She would never invalidate other's feelings. "You just needed to be reminded of it a few times, that's all. He'll have me to answer to if he ever hurt you."

Jieun looked really touched with her words and they hugged.

"I can't believe you're getting married before me," she muttered.

"I'll let Wonwoo know you said that."

"Don't."

They were interrupted when Wonwoo cleared his throat. "Jieun-noona. Hyung's looking for you."

Jieun turned to him while still holding on to Eunhye. When she tried to move away, Jieun held on. "Why?"

"I don't know," Wonwoo shrugged. "And get off my girlfriend."

Jieun scoffed and pushed Eunhye away. "Were you talking about him when you said 'nice to you but a jerk to everyone'?"

"Definitely not," Eunhye said but she was nodding.

Her friend got up and brushed her pants off before looking Wonwoo up and down. Then she walked away muttering about something before joining the group.

Wonwoo took Jieun's place and sat down where she vacated. After a few moments that Eunhye did not say anything, he made to lie down, instead, his head on her lap. Naturally, her hand started playing with his hair, it mindlessly while she stared out at the trees surrounding them.

It would always tug her heartstrings whenever he sought attention like this, and even though they were away from other people's view, it made her conscious of their surroundings. Wonwoo closed his eyes and she resisted the urge to kiss them.

"What were you two, talking about?" he asked quietly, a playful grin playing on the corner of his lips, letting her know he had been eavesdropping earlier probably a few minutes before making his presence known.

"Girl stuff," she answered mysteriously. "Nothing you should care about."

"I heard my name."

"Yes, I was badmouthing you."

Wonwoo laughed. "No wonder my ears felt funny."

At the mention of his ears, her fingers played with one. Ever since she was a kid, she liked to touch the back of her ears until it became as natural as breathing to her. After Chanyeol pointed it out, Wonwoo had the same habit. It was added to the list of the things the two of them had in common, that became longer the days passed.

Wonwoo leaned into her touch and smiled contentedly. Warmth spread across her chest again and she already gave up trying to get used to moments like this. Jieun's words came back to her again and she looked back on Wonwoo's complaints whenever he would tell her she was too nice to people.

"Wonwoo-ya."

"Hmm?" he answered without opening his eyes.

"Do I ever make you feel special? Even just sometimes?"

He opened one eye. "Why so random?"

Eunhye shrugged. "Just thinking. What if I made you feel I'm neglecting you or something."

Wonwoo held her fingers to stop her from playing with his ear, making her look down to meet his eyes. "Of course, you make me feel special. All the time."

She raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Let's see," he muttered, holding out a hand. "Whenever you make me those lunchboxes that you obviously spend time and effort to make. I still wonder how you could do all of that, different food every single time. Whenever you would dress up so prettily on our dates, even though you're not used to dolling yourself up."

She felt him reach out and caress her flushed cheek. 

"And every time you blush like that, you make me feel like I'm the most romantic guy on earth. Even though obviously I don't know what I'm doing. And a lot more times I won't have time to enumerate."

Eunhye felt embarrassed but she was not sorry she asked. It showed Wonwoo appreciated all the effort she had been doing, which she never really felt before, even though she had dated a few times.

His face suddenly turned sour. "I'm the one who felt like I've neglected you," he admitted. 

She shook her head hard. "Just you being here is enough for me," she assured him and she went back to running her hand through his hair. Unlike him, she did not know how to tell him how he made her feel. Whenever she tried to, she would just think about them all at once and she would be overwhelmed with her emotions, so she would not even try.

Wonwoo groaned and sat up.

"What's wrong?" she asked, confused.

Instead of answering, though, he pushed her a bit further into the gazebo, away from prying eyes. When he was satisfied, Wonwo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter