Chapter 11: Shock

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After giving in to Minhyun's request that she let him do the rest of the dishes, Eunhye let herself be dragged into the karaoke living room by Minkyung and Yaebin. She planned on watching Wonwoo play ball but she ended up having fun, especially when she realized she and Jeonghan liked the same artists and sang rap songs together with him.

"Noona, I didn't know you could rap," Jihoon told her. "I've known you for years and you never told me."

"How did you know each other?" Yaebin asked.

"She used to tutor me when I was in high school," he explained.

She remembered Jihoon's parents wanted him to be a lawyer or prosecutor so he tried to get his grades up, but in the end, he majored in music and audio engineering when he got to college.

Their conversation went from the different academies they took during highschool and theb took a turn to Jeonghan's new-found part time job in a local private kindergarten, which he was majoring for in college. She realized she knew these guys but had little to no idea about them.

"It's really fulfilling," Jeonghan was saying, talking about how he got to have hands-on experience before he even got his certification for it. "But it requires a lot of energy so I feel like I age three years more every day."

Jihoon laughed at this, agreeing that his hyung needed more stamina.

Jeonghan's phone vibrated when a call came in, which Eunhye noticed was actually the third time now, but he just checked the name and put it back face down on the table. "Anyone wants to play poker?"

"Ya, Yoon Jeonghan."

Eunhye looked up from the floor and found Aron escorting three unfamiliar girls in the almost empty living room. Most of the boys had gone outside to drink or play ball so it was just the girls, Jihoon and Jeonghan there.

One of the newcomers glared at Jeonghan and then her eyes went from him to the four other girls in the room in close proximity. This girl put her hands on her hips and Eunhye exchanged glances with Minkyung. Fight, incoming.

"I thought you weren't coming," Jeonghan said, forcing himself up. Eunhye got up as well to make room for him to go to the new guests.

"I brought Nayoung and Huihyeon," the girl stated, gesturing to her two friends. One of them was really tall, probably the same height as Minkyung, and slim, that made her wonder if the girl ever ate. This one looked timid and her shirt was stained with something that looked like coffee. The other one was as pretty but looked even more bored than their leader.

Eunhye guessed this was Sowon and she wondered if the things Wonwoo told her were true. If they were, was that why Jeonghan seemed cold to her right now? When she first heard about it, she started to think differently about Jeonghan but seeing how this girl eyed her and the other girls up, she started to change her mind again.

"Are you guys sleeping over, too?" Aron asked the girls.

"Of course," Sowon answered.

Eunhye stepped closer to Aron, away from Jeonghan, when she felt Sowon's eyes on her. Minkyung also felt something and she said they would go outside and look for Jun.

"We don't have any more rooms," Jeonghan told her. "That's why I told you to come sooner."

"I'm sure you'll find a way," she said sweetly, but Eunhye could hear a bit of bitterness in it. "I'm the one who found you this place, remember?"

"Let's go upstairs and think of something," Aron suggested. "Maybe move things around?"

However, just like Jeonghan said, all the rooms were already occuppied. Eunhye had no idea why she tagged along but she was already following them when she realized it.

"Where are the girls sleeping?" the bored looking girl, whom Sowon introduced as Huihyeon, asked.

"The three are occupying this small room, and then Eunhye-noona's at the end of the hall with her boyfriend," Jeonghan explained, pointing directions. "I'm staying in one room with Seungcheol and Jisoo, so we're pretty packed, too."

Eunhye's mind did the calculations and there was only one solution she could think of.

"I'll sleep in Minkyung's," she offered.

"Noona, what about--"

"He can move to Mingyu's," Eunhye went on, even though she was disappointed she would not get to stay with Wonwoo. "It's just him and Eunwoo there anyway."

"See? I knew it would work out," Sowon said with a smile before heading down the hall to the room. "But there's only one bed. There's three of us."

"Noona, can you get one of the spare beddings from the storage room?" Jeonghan pleaded. "Hyung, help her."

"No problem."

"Sure."

"You," Jeonghan said, pointing to Sowon. "We have to talk."

When the (silently fighting) couple left, Huihyeon asked where the bathroom was and headed for it, although not before declaring she would sleep on the bed with Sowon. That left the last girl to sleep on the floor. Aron said he'll take care of the beddings and left, too.

"Are you okay with sleeping on the floor?" Eunhye asked the girl. She went in the room with her to get her and Wonwoo's things, silently thinking she'd probably be more comfortable sleeping next to Wonwoo in the Mingyu-Eunwoo room than with the other girls. "It's Nayoung, right? I'm Eunhye."

"Sorry we took your room away," the girl said in a soft voice. Eunhye wondered in the back of her head how she became friends with the other two. "I told Sowon I wasn't sleeping over but she insisted we did."

"It's fine," Eunhye assured her. At least this one had manners and she could tell she was just going along with her friends. "It's the only logical solution anyway. I don't mind."

"Thank you, Eunhye-ssi," Nayoung said. Eunhye made a decision she liked this one way more than the other two. "Forgive Sowon and Huihyeon for being a bit rude. They both had drinks before coming here. I didn't because I had to drive."

"You can just call me Eonni," she assured her. "Talk comfortably. You probably need to change your shirt so I'll leave you to it."

The girls' room was locked so Eunhye left their things at Mingyu's instead. She then started to look for Minkyung to ask of she could sleep in their room.

"Of course!" she said right away.

"But what about Wonwoo-oppa?" Yaebin asked.

"He'll live," Eunhye said with a dismissive wave of hand.

They led her to their room and that was when the girls talk started. It turned out that Yaebin was also seeing someone from their school and wanted to know how she would know if a guy was really into her or just wanted to get something from her. That part, she had a lot to say.

"But what made Wonwoo-oppa so different?" Kyungyung asked, curious.

Before she could answer, there was a knock on the door, which Minkyung opened without getting up, using her long arm. When the door opened to reveal Wonwoo looking for her, the two younger girls giggled.

Minkyung rolled her eyes. "Ugh. Can't you let Eonni have some girl time?"

"Shut up, you," Wonwoo said to his coworker before gesturing for Eunhye to come to him.

Eunhye tried to look nonchallant but the little girl inside her was screaming and dancing with butterflies when he took her hand and pulled her to the hallway.

"What happened?" he asked. "Where are our things?"

"Oh, that reminds me." Eunhye led him to Mingyu's room and grabbed her backpack.

"What's going on? What happened to our room?"

"Jeonghan's... One of his girlfriends came with her friends and there were no other rooms," she explained. "So, I thought I'll sleep with the girls, instead, and you can stay here in Mingyu's. He's just sharing it with Eunwoo anyway."

Wonwoo stared at her and sighed in frustration.

"But that was our room."

"I know, I'm sorry," she apologized quickly. Indeed, she did not ask for his permission before giving their room away. "But there was no other room available. It was the only thing that made sense at the time."

She could tell he was angry so she gently took his hand in both of hers.

"Do you want me to tell them we're not giving the room up?" she asked. She was not the one to go back on her word but if Wonwoo wanted it, she would tell Sowon they have to look for some place else to sleep. If things came to worse, she would just have to pull the age card.

"Tsk." Eunhye watched Wonwoo's annoyed face relax slowly while looking at her. When she no longer felt the tension in his hand, she smiled. "Well, we can't do that now," he admitted, thinking.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you," Wonwoo assured her. "Just... try not to be too nice, sometimes."

She nodded. "If you want, I can stay here with you instead."

He shook his head immediately. "The last thing I want is for them to see how cute you are when you sleep. Especially Eunwoo. Go stay at Gyungie's."

Eunhye pecked his cheek before going back to the girls room. But before she could actually step out, Wonwoo pulled her by the arm into a tight hug, which she gladly returned. He smelled of liquor a little but she did not mind. She had many drinks, herself.

"You're smothering me," she teased before wriggling away.

Laughing, Eunhye walked back to the other room. Wonwoo followed her, holding her hand in one of his and carrying her backpack for her on the other. She noticed someone coming from the other end of the hall.

"Hi, Nayoung," she greeted. "They're downstairs at the game room."

The girl stood there frozen, her eyes darting to the room they just vacated, to their intertwined hands and Wonwoo who reached over Eunhye and opened the door knob to reveal three girls laughing heartily inside.

"Thanks, Eonni," Nayoung said timidly before walking ahead, down the stairs and disappearing.

***'

"What's wrong?" Mingyu asked, taking a swig off his somaek.

Wonwoo sat down beside Eunwoo looking grumpy. "I'll be sleeping in your room. Someone took away ours."

"Who?" Eunwoo asked.

They heard a girl's laughter and the two younger boys turned their heads to see where it came from.

"Oh? Isn't that Nayoung-noona?" Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo opened a can of beer and took huge gulps without answering. For some reason, he was irritated that he saw her again, not because he had hard feelings, but the timing was so bad now that he just made up with Eunhye. Almost everyone there knew the two of them dated back in high school and his current girlfriend was with them, too. What if Eunhye hears about it and shut him out again in attempt to hide her jealousy?

"Which one?" Eunwoo asked. "The tallest one? I know her. I think we modeled together in high school for that uniform brand."

Mingyu remembered. "Yeah! That was her." He turned to Wonwoo. "Sowon-noona invited her?"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"She and Wonwoo-hyung used to date," Mingyu explained to his friend. "Hyung. Why are your fortunes like this? First, Jieun came back and now Nayoung?"

"Tell me about it."

Without realizing it, Wonwoo drank all his beer.

"Mingyu-ya!" Seungcheol called from the other side of the field. "Wonwoo! Eunwoo! Come here. Socialize, man! This is a party."

Wonwoo stood up first and pointed a warning finger at the two of them. "None of you say a word about this to Eunhye. I'll be the one to tell her."

"I wonder when that'll be," Mingyu muttered for only Eunwoo to hear and they both snickered before following Wonwoo to the bigger crowd.

***'

When Eunhye and the other girls came down for the part two of the barbeque party, they found the others playing drunking games in the dining hall. It was so loud, filled with laughter and shouting that it only took Eunhye a few seconds to know she was not going to stay there. She followed Minkyung down the dining hall but she stayed just long enough to let Wonwoo know she was there.

To her surprise, her boyfriend was actually a little drunk that when she said hi to him, he suddenly pulled her into a kiss, making the people around them cheer.

"Cute," Wonwoo said when her face turned bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter