Chapter 19: Pet Student

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo realized he still had not looked for an apartment and the next weekend would be his boss's wedding with Wonwoo's first love. Eunhye suggested going on Sunday when he told her about it during lunch at school. Aside from the classes he had that she was the TA, the only other time they could see each other was lunch. That day, he had that Cloud class with the infamous professor.

"I'll go with you," she promised. They were standing with their trays looking for an empty table. "After Cloud, I don't really have anything else so I can probably call a real estate office. Where do you plan to move?"

"Still in the same neighborhood," he replied and started walking to the seats that was just vacated kept looking around. There were students majoring in other departments in the Engineering's cafeteria which made it even more crowded than usual. 

"Sure," she agreed. "I'd like it if you live nearby."

"You can just live with me."

Eunhye did not say anything so he was not sure if she heard him. Instead, she gestured for him to follow her as someone she recognized waved them over to vacant seats. He recognized Son Naeun and Oh Hayoung as they made their way to the table.

"I'll stop by a real estate office near us on my way home, then," Eunhye told him. "Mingyu's moving in with you, right?"

"That's one plan, yeah," Wonwoo replied. He decided not to elaborate on that based on her reaction earlier. "By the way, do you have plans on the holidays?"

She shook her head as she sat down. "Still not sure. Maybe I'll be at Chanyeol's."

"What if--"

"Eonni, can you explain the Kanban board again?" Hayoung asked, cutting Wonwoo off, and his girlfriend answered obligingly. "Will there be a quiz later?"

The whole lunch period, Wonwoo could not bring the conversation back to the two of them as she talked to her other friends. The discussion turned out to be something he needed to know, as well since he was taking the same subject. He was still not sure how to ask her to come with him to Changwon without sounding too demanding, anyway, so he thought he could ask her later on.

"You were going to ask me something?" she asked him quietly when Hayoung and Naeun got up first.

He shook his head. "Nothing. Forget it."

She hesitated for a second before dropping the subject. That simple gesture made Wonwoo feel like she was walking on eggshells around him and he did not like it. They finished their food without much talking after that.

He heard her sigh when they started clearing their trays. Wonwoo, alarmed, asked her what her problem was.

"I just wished the situation of me being TA of yet another one of your classes was much better."

His shoulders eased the tension and he patted her head. Of course he knew what she meant. He wished it, too. However, he wanted to remain positive if he was going to support her. "I like it that I get to see you, though."

"Me, too."

They stood in front of the entrance to the cafeteria, needing to go opposite directions but both not wanting to leave yet.

"I only have a few minutes to prepare the materials for that class," she announced after another moment of just standing there and doing nothing. "I'll see you later."

"Fighting," he said encouragingly, making her smile. 

He wished they were not in the hallway so he could kiss her. When he saw her eyes dart to his mouth, he knew she thought the same thing. Subtly, he pressed a thumb on his lips first before doing the same thing on hers. That made her blush and his urge to kiss her just grew.

"What are you two doing, blocking the hallway?" Chanyeol passed them by on his way out of the cafeteria and saw the two of them. He gave Eunhye's flushed face one look and then shook his head. "Embarassing," he muttered before putting an arm around Wonwoo's shoulder and dragging him to the direction of the classrooms.


*****'


"So basically, how this works is you will be the ones to determine your goals for each Sprint, and depending on whether you meet those goals or not will become your grades. No more boring exams."

Lee Junki's voice was fading into the background as Eunhye scrolled down through the website she was opening on the side. It was a real estate site for Gangnam and she was searching for a place close enough that would meet Wonwoo's budget.

"Miss Jung?"

She was snapped back into attention. "Yes?"

"Let's show the next PPT."

She looked past the professor, at the screen behind him and saw the current presentation showed END. She forgot to stop sharing the screen first before putting the presentation that he wanted, so for a couple of seconds it showed the website that she was on.

"Sorry."

"Looking for a new place, I see." The room filled with a few chuckles but she knew one student would not be smiling. "I know a few good places."

When the correct PowerPoint was up, he resumed the discussion as if nothing happened, getting the attention of the students back. Eunhye dared to look at Wonwoo and found her boyfriend staring at their professor like he was plotting murder. Maybe he was.

In an attempt to soften his mood (she could just forward to him the PPT later on anyway), she texted him.

Eunhye: Found 3 places. Want to check out one of them later?
Eunhye: Mr. y Frown, can i take your picture?

She watched him secretly take his phone out and read her message. His eyes turned to her and she felt her phone vibrate with his reply.

Mine: stalker
Mine: should I send n*des?

The second message made her snort but since the room was so quiet aside from the professor talking, it seemed like she laughed at whatever the teacher said, and he paused.

"Glad to know you find me funny again," he commented before continuing what he was saying. He was at the end of his discussion anyway. "So, enough of this boring talk. I'm sure you've had enough of me for one day--"

The students, especially the girls in the front row, protested, and the professor wave a dismissive hand. Funny, Eunhye agreed with the professor. She had enough of him for a lifetime. Apparently, so had Wonwoo because he was already making a show of putting his laptop in his bag and getting ready to leave.

"The rest of the period, you can go plan with your team and start on your projects," Prof. Lee told the class. "Miss Jung can stay here and assist you with anything you need or questions you might have. I'll also be in my office the whole time so you can knock if you need anything from me."

Eunhye expected him to just continue outside but he stopped by her desk on his way to the door.

"I know you hate me and my class," he said quietly. "But I'd appreciate it if you would at least pretend to give me respect when in front of the other students."

She considered snapping back at him but she already knew his temper and that she should not be messing with it at the moment, so she just nodded. She did not even bother to make excuses, even though she thought she  was not that rude yet.

"Same goes for your new pet student."

Eunhye felt her own expression darken at his characterization of Wonwoo. How could she pretend to respect him like he asked if he kept provoking her like this?

"I'll try keeping him on a leash," she replied and saw the corner of their professor's mouth twitch. "Anything else, Professor?"

"No," Lee Junki answered after a moment. "Thanks for today, Eunhye."

She slightly bowed as he left, humoring his request. He was right. If they were going to make this Teacher-TA-Student thing work, she would have to at least pretend to be normal around him.

The change in her own behavior around him surprised her, though. The way he vocalized his request,  sounded like he was begging her to save his face in front of the other students. She realized the weight of their secret on his career, not just hers. If she wanted to, she could ruin him.

"Are you okay?"

She did not notice Wonwoo beside her desk, a notebook in his hand as if he was pretending to ask something school related. The worry in his eyes made her want to put her arms ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter