Chapter 1: Sniper

Happy Ending (Good To Me II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No."

It was the fifth time Eunhye said the word but Sunmi kept pulling on her leg about going with her to the dance studio. It was not like Eunhye hated dancing, she just did not want to go out.

"You're not even playing!" Sunmi noted, pointing to her gaming computer that had been off for the last two days. "And I know you don't like that book, so get out of bed and let's do something before the school started and you'll have more excuses not to."

"Lee Sunmi," Eunhye warned, a hand protectively covering her copy of one of the books of The Selection Series. "I told you, I won't go."

Sunmi had been trying to get in shape but would not go alone, saying she needed a buddy to keep her motivated. Hani was busy, and it seemed her two roommates, born one day apart from each other, were not on speaking terms for some reason they would not tell her. Eunhye did not want to go to the gym Sunmi was a member of, because Wonwoo went there as well.

At first, she wanted to give Wonwoo the space he wanted, so both of them could heal and actually get past what happened between them, also to punish him for almost using force on her in bed, and pushing her away even when she said she forgave him. They even went on a 4-day-3-night trip to Busan,  but Wonwoo went out of his way to get them a room with two separate beds, leaving her feeling rejected. But now, avoiding him became a habit, and as the days passed and she got fewer texts from him, her confidence that they would actually patch it up dropped even lower.

"And I told you, I won't stop asking you until you say yes," Sunmi reminded her. "So, let's just go."

Eunhye rolled her eyes in defeat. "Not today though," she said. "Maybe tomorrow. If I'm not busy."

"Busy reading?"

"It's a good book!" She was actually getting tired of the story and was just skimming through the events before Sunmi came in, but she did not know that.

 

***'

 

 

"You've gotten rusty."

Wonwoo laughed at the comment his classmate, Im Changkyun gave him and refused to acknowledge it. "I have a new keyboard. I'm still getting used to it."

"Show off," Choi Youngjae muttered. "But you're still rusty. Maybe you should quit Overwatch altogether and just go to the gym."

"You should go to the gym," Wonwoo retorted, making Changkyun and Hanbin laugh, another classmate of theirs, who was also playing with them. "I'm friends with the owner, I'll tell him to give you a discount."

There was a ping that was not from the game, and Wonwoo's eyes went to the lower right corner of this computer.

Baekhyun: PUBG?
Baekhyun: me & hye
Baekhyun: need 2 ppl

"One more game, then?" Youngjae asked.

"I gotta go," Wonwoo said hastily, logging out of the game and hurriedly opening a different one. It had been a while since he opened his Battlegrounds, and it showed it needed to patch an update. "Seriously?"

He typed his reply to Baekhyun, saying he had to update.

Fortunately, Seungcheol was not back yet, so he opened his hyung's computer and pulled up Battlegrounds. In his hurry, he forgot to login using his own account, and got in with the saved one, which meant it was Seungcheol's. Not caring, he checked the friend list and almost jumped when he saw Eunhye's username, along with the number '3/4' beside it, which meant they were still waiting for another person. His heart also skipped a beat when he saw she did not change her username. It still said, "Wonwoo's Girlfriend". His own username was "Eunhye's Boyfriend" but if he did not enter now, another player might play with them. He quickly pressed the icon to request to join, and was added immediately.

The headset was acting up and he had to fix it. The moment he was able to hear something, the game had already started and their team was already jumping.

"I told you to go to Military Base!"

When Wonwoo heard Eunhye's voice in the headphones, his chest tightened.

"Pochinki's fine," Baekhyun replied dismissively. "Shut up and loot. You can jump on the next game."

There were game sounds of gunfire, and Wonwoo instinctively knew it was on the next building to his right. The sounds were loud in his ears he almost jumped.

"Did Seungcheol get disconnected?" Eunhye asked. "Choi Seungcheol? Are you there? Why are you not moving?"

Realizing it was him she was talking to, Wonwoo unmuted. "It's Wonwoo. Hyung's not here."

There was silence that after two seconds was broken by gunshot sounds, followed by Eunhye softly cursing. One look at the top left corner of his screen, he saw she had been knocked out. Finding his wits, Wonwoo quickly picked some weapon and headed to the next building where the shots came from. Finding Eunhye's attacker immediately, he emptied his magazine until the enemy was dead and went to her side and "Revived" her.

"Thanks," she said.

"PDA sh*t," Baekhyun muttered. "Get in the game."

"Next time you drop in Pochinki, I'll throw a nade at you," Eunhye warned her friend and moved away from Wonwoo's avatar.

"There's an M4 here," said another voice he recognized, along with the familiar game sounds of someone pointing at a weapon's location.

Wonwoo did not expect to hear her ex, Mark Tuan's voice in the same game Eunhye was playing, as well as Eunhye's "Nice, thanks!" in response to that.

"Wonwoo, what do you need?" Mark asked.

My girlfriend, he thought. "Sniper."

"There's a KAR92 in this guy's crate," Eunhye said, along with another game sound, this time, marking an enemy crate. "There's a 6x scope there, too, babe."

Wonwoo knew the endearment was out of habit. She called all her friends that. Still, Wonwoo hang on to it as a sign of hope. Playing Battlegrounds again was easier than Overwatch and his muscle memory kicked in. As the game progressed, he learned two things.

One: while in the game, Eunhye treated him the same as before, even helping him out a couple of times. It was as if there was nothing wrong. No cool off or break between the two of them. Two: she and Mark were friends again. It even sounded like they had been playing together for a while now.

"Hye, there's two behind you," Mark was saying. His character was already dead but he stayed on the match, probably spectating on Eunhye's screen. "One is crawling."

"Got it," Wonwoo assured them, the crawling enemy already at his crosshair. Whenever they played Battlegrounds, Baekhyun and Eunhye would play the Fraggers, who usually barged in the game, Eunhye usually the entree fragger because she just dash forward to lead the attack. Wonwoo liked to play either the sniper or marksman, being more patient and played better when falling a bit behind. Locking in, he fired the AWM sniper, knocking the person out with a headshot. However, that revealed his concealed position and the other one fired at him, taking him out.

"That was my boyfriend you shot at, idiot."

There was a sound of an M249 magazine being emptied (which had 100 bullets), followed by four names showing to have been killed by the same person, and Mark's high pitched laughs. He was laughing so hard, Wonwoo was scared he might choke on his own tongue.

"I knew it was right to give you the M2," Baekhyun said, killing the last lone person, giving them the Chicken Dinner.

Mark was still laughing. "That was so funny. I should have recorded that. It was epic."

"One more?" Baekhyun asked.

"Sure," Mark agreed immediately.

"I gotta run," Eunhye answered.

Run from me, yeah, Wonwoo thought. "I have part time," he replied. 

"Boo," Baekhyun complained. "For all I know, you'll just meet. I hate you."

Not really. Wonwoo did have a shift and even if he did not, Eunhye was not going to meet up with him, anyway. 

"Sunmi's dragging me with her to this Pilates or Yoga or something," she offered.

"No way," Mark spat. "You'll at yoga. Let alone pilates."

"Hey! I'm pretty flexible," she argued. Then her voice fell to a whisper. "Ask Wonwoo."

"YOU'RE DISGUSTING JUNG EUNHYE. GET OUT!" Baekhyun yelled, although Mark just laughed some more, probably because he also had a pretty good idea how flexible she was.

Wonwoo pushed the thought away and quickly logged out. He got himself ready for work, trying to think of positive things or else he might get yelled at for being too unapproachable. His naturally narrow eyes usually made customers hesitate to come to him so when he was in a ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter