The Other Guy

Don't Fall for Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are those two doing?”

I looked up from my phone and saw Kyungsoo-oppa sitting beside me on the sofa, looking over his right shoulder towards the two guys beside me. My eyes widen in surprise and I felt a bit flustered by his presence. I could feel my cheeks turning red. Since when did he get here? I didn’t even felt it when he sat beside me.

He is looking at them with those big round eyes of his and his lips are parted a little out of curiosity on the two. He’s wearing his usual black sweatshirt with brown khakis and his thick rimmed black eye glasses. His short black hair is in its usual style – covering his forehead, eyebrows peeking a little. Honestly he looks simple and clean, also smart if I could add, but he still managed to be handsome and cute at the same time. How is that even possible?

Avoiding his gaze, I looked at Sehun and oppa who’s now sitting on the floor and using the sofa as their table. They are both quiet, hands holding a pen and they are concentrating on the paper that’s place on the top of the sofa. Their eyes are fixated at the paper in front of them and both their eyebrows furrowed as they scribbled on it.

“Mr. Cho gave us assessment in our College Algebra class to be handed over this afternoon before the party, and those two are rushing to finish it.” I told him quietly as I don’t want to distract the two guys beside me. My eyes went back to my phone as I continue to mindlessly scroll on my social media account, randomly liking at my online friends’ posts.

I don’t want to be like this on his presence but ever since he smiled at me that day those girls bullied me, I became so much aware of him. Whenever I saw him near or heard his voice, my heart never fails to skip a beat. My gaze always follows him when he is around and even I felt awkward about it. This is because I’m getting curious about him right?

Though I could talk to him comfortably, my gaze won’t stay on his eyes. I know it is kind of disrespectful since he likes to look at the person’s eyes whenever you two are having a conversation. But then again, I need something to focus my gaze anywhere that is not his eyes or otherwise I would be lost in my thoughts immediately.

“And you’ve done yours?” he asked as he continues to look at oppa and Sehun. I nodded my head in response and looked at the ceiling mindlessly before trying to throw him a quick glance.

“The assessment is actually easy to answer, Mr. Cho’s methods on how to compute those complicated problems are much easier than those by the books. Only if you are actually listening to him and jotting down notes, that is.” I said, chuckling a bit. The two must have heard what I’ve said as both their heads spring towards our direction.

“Yah! That’s why we are asking you to share your answers.” Oppa said, but I just shook my head and stick my tongue out at them.

“Not a chance, best friend or cousin, I won’t let you copy my answer. You need to learn by yourselves. I have already lend you my notes.” I told them. Sehun just glared at me but pouted his lips before turning his attention back to his paper.

“I really hate that you love math and you could answer these problems easily.” He said under his breathe, scratching his head. Oppa just nodded his head in agreement before turning back to his paper as well. I just shook my head in amusement at them.

“So you actually like math subjects?” Kyungsoo-oppa asked which brings my attention back at him. I looked at him briefly before shrugging my shoulders.

“Not that I like it. I just love and enjoy solving math problems. You know, the satisfaction you could get whenever you solve complicated problems.” I told him. Kyungsoo-oppa just nodded his head in amusement before he turned his gaze to his phone. Then I heard some comments about it from the two beside me who is muttering under their breaths.

“Math-maniac.”

“Nerd.”

“Formula addict.”

“Numbers eater.”

“Babies.” I rebutted back at them and that earned me a deadly glare from Sehun and oppa. Kyungsoo-oppa and I just laughed at their reactions.

“Anyway, I’m heading to the cafeteria first.” I said as I stood up, picking up my bag placed beside me. Kyungsoo-oppa already went back on playing his games in his phone and just sitting beside him silently won’t put me at ease.

“Is there anything you guys want to eat as a snack? I can get those for you since I can see you frowning at those problems already.” I teasingly told them. Both looked at me with sharp eyes but nevertheless told me what they want for a snack.

“I want tteokbokki and a soda.” Sehun said before turning his head back on his assessment.

“And this one is on you since you are a math genius.” He added on, stressing on the genius part.

“Agree, and don’t argue. Get me some bottled water and that big clubhouse sandwich as well.” Oppa said and I just grunted at them.

“Seriously?” I asked disappointedly and they just both nod their head before Oppa shooed me. I sighed in frustration before rolling my eyes at them. I was walking towards the door when I heard Kyungsoo-oppa’s voice.

“I’ll come with you.” He said as he opens the door for me. I just nodded at him before heading out, keeping my head down.

Oh dear.

*

I was checking over the ice cream freezer, looking for my favorite popsicle flavor. I have already ordered and paid for Oppa and Sehun’s snacks and are just waiting for those to be prepared. Kyungsoo-oppa is somewhere in the cafeteria, looking for some snacks as well.

“Where are you~” I sang softly as I keep on looking over at the ice cream flavors. I was slowly feeling disappointed and pouting a little when I heard a chuckle from Kyungsoo-oppa beside me. I stood up straight and looked at him. He was holding a plastic full of foods and looking at me with a small smile on his lips, curiosity reflecting his brown eyes.

“What are you looking for? You are pouting.” he asked, bending and looking over the freezer as well. I just shrugged by shoulders and pointed at the freezer.

“They don’t have my favorite ice cream flavor and I’m craving for one.” I said not wanting to sound like a child but it comes out as a whine.

“And what is that?” he asked as he stood straight. I shifted my gaze away from him, suddenly feeling shy. I mean, my favorite flavor is something most people doesn’t want, even Sehun and oppa disapprove that flavor. They always have this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter