Cardigan

Don't Fall for Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As finals exams are fast approaching, tension between students and subject deadlines are growing more and more each day has passed. Stress and pressure are taking its toll on everyone and that includes me.

I have been working my off over the week for this project I have with my major and it literally drains my energy. So when Saturday came, I find myself sleeping in instead of waking up early and preparing to go home for my weekly visit. However, since I felt very tired last night, my parents agreed not to let me go home this weekend and advise to just go home when the semester ends (which is 2 weeks away, acccck!). As much as I miss them and little Sejoon, I agreed with them and promises to go home as soon as my final exams ended.

So here I am, still lying in my bed, staring at the white ceiling of my room in Jongin-oppa’s house. It was already 10 in the morning. I was supposed to finalized my history paper which is due on Tuesday, but my mind won’t work. Ugh! Guess I would be procrastinating my papers again. Stupid mind.

However, my reverie was broken when I hear my phone rings. I lazily reached for it on the top of my bedside table, not wanting to get up my bed. I looked at the caller ID before picking up.

“Why?” I grunted lazily at him. He just chuckled at my greeting which made me frown.

“Good morning to you too Han Hye Joon. Is that the proper way to pick up a call?” he said teasingly and I just rolled my eyes at him even though he won’t see me.

“What do you want Sehun-ah?” I asked him as I roll over my bed and closes my eyes. Damn body, I want to sleep again! Why am I feeling so tired?

“Jongin’s out with his partner in Physical Education, practicing their dance. I want to practice too but my partner is too tired to move.” He said, dragging the word ‘too’ dramatically. I grunted in response however he just laughed at me and continued what he was saying.

“Kidding, I’m also deadbeat tired to dance and just want to cool off a bit. So, do you want to go for a ride and go to the beach with me?” he asked and I can hear the smile in his voice as he said that. My lips also formed a smile upon hearing this. I badly want to go and have a getaway from all this stress.

“Wouldn’t Jongin-oppa be mad at us for not asking him go as well?” I asked him but I was already standing and preparing my bag, suddenly feeling excited.

“I have already asked him and he said he can’t. He also literally tells me to drag your off your bed as he said you are planning to stay in the whole day knowing you are tired enough to work on your papers.” He said and that makes me laugh. Jongin-oppa really knows me well and I can’t deny that’s how my day would go by if Sehun didn’t call.

“Alright, I’ll be out in a few minutes.” I said as I finishes packing some change of clothes in case we decided to play in the beach. Though I doubt we would be going swimming, but knowing Sehun, there’s a high possibility that we would be wet today.

“Go and be fast, I’m already down here. Auntie Kim already knows we are going and prepared some snacks for us.” He said before dropping the call. So I quickly put my phone down and rush inside my bathroom for a quick shower.

How I miss the beach!

*

The thing with living in a town as big as Oppa’s, there are more traffic on a weekends compared to weekdays where only the morning and afternoon rush are the problem. And right now, we stuck in a traffic for almost 30 minutes already. Not that the beach is far from Oppa’s house, but it is still at least 2 hours drive since it is located at the outskirts of town. And with the way the car is moving right now, I guess will be arriving there by 3 in the afternoon.

“Stop pouting. You looked like a duck okay, stop it.” Sehun said as he put the car to stop again after moving a few inches from where we were. I turned to him and pinched his arm which in return he just laughed off.

“The beach won’t go anywhere. I know you love the beach and I’ll make sure we’ll get there okay? Now stop pouting, it’s distracting. You really looked like a duck.” He said patting my head but there’s some amusement sparkling in his eyes.

“Yah!” I shouted at him since I know he is just teasing me but he just laugh again at my response, wearing his black raybans back on his eyes. The nerve of this guy! And though I am actually irritated by the fact that we are stuck in a traffic, I can’t help but laugh with him as well. His laughs are infectious and I appreciate his gesture in distracting me out of my irritation.

Out of the three of us, Sehun’s the biggest baby but when it comes to traffic like this, he is the most patient. So whenever we are having road trips back in summer and we took off late, Sehun was our designated driver. I don’t know how he deal with it and do it, but every time we are stuck in a traffic, he would magically lifts up our spirit and soon Jongin-oppa and I won’t even mind the traffic as well.

“Why don’t you just get the kimbap Auntie Kim packed for us? You didn’t eat much for breakfast a while ago, it’s already 11:30. My stomach’s grumbling as well.” He suggested and I couldn’t agree more with him. I was excited to go to the beach that I was rushing as I eat since it was already late. So I took off my seatbelt, kneeling on my seat to reach for the picnic bag placed at the back seat.

“Yah, Han Hye Joon! What are you doing? You can reach for the picnic bag without doing that! Hye Joon-ah!” Sehun hissed at me as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter