New Semester

Don't Fall for Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I groaned when I felt my phone vibrated on the top of my bed side table that was followed by the sound of my alarm. I reached out for it to snooze it to get another 5 to 10 minutes of sleep however my eyes widen as the time flashed through the screen in bold letters, 6:45AM.

Sh-t!

I cursed myself as I quickly sat up and I felt a bit dizzy because of that. My class would start by 7:30AM and Jongin-oppa told me that we would leave by 7 to avoid the morning rush. Adrenaline rushing, I quickly went over my cabinet and pick up my uniform that I already prepared last night. However, my panic kind of subside when I saw my phone lighted up and a notification was shown. Smilingly, I quickly went inside my bathroom to do my morning routine.

1 New Notification:

Do Kyungsoo: “Good Morning :)”

**

“Isn’t Sehun going to ride with us?” I asked my cousin as I fasten my seatbelt in place. I finished preparing within 15 minutes and just grabbed the sandwich Auntie Kim prepared for me as breakfast. I was expecting to see Sehun at the garage already just like the usual but neither him nor his shadow was present. Oppa shook his head while he started the engine.

“Uh, no. Our classes won’t really start until 8. He wanted to get some more extra sleep so he texted last night that he would be taking his car today.” he replied as he maneuvered his car from their garage. I just nodded my head in respond and fish for my phone to send Sehun a text message.

To: Oh Sehun

Heard from oppa that you won’t be riding with us. See you at school, good morning!

“Are you sure everything’s fine with Sehun?” I asked him when 15 minutes had passed and I still didn’t received any reply from Sehun. Which is odd, by the way, because that guy is always on his phone, from the moment he wakes up until he set it beside him when he sleeps. Oppa looked at me briefly before he turned the car to the university’s entrance.

“Aren’t the two of you talking already over the whole winter vacation?” he asked while we are finding a parking spot near my college. Same old arrangement was agreed between the two of us like the previous sem.

“Yes we are, but I don’t know. We are texting, chatting or sometimes video calling but he seems…pretty distant lately. I’m really getting worried. He is not having problems with his mom again right? He won’t tell me anything about his problems.” I told him honestly. The car came to stop and Jongin-oppa turned off the engine, we are at our usual parking spot.

“He is fine Hye Joon-ah, trust me. Don’t worry too much about him. The guy’s already growing up and made up his mind. He already made his decision and he is sticking up with it. Though I must say, this is very brave of him, but very much stupid still.” he said as he unfasten his seatbelt and I did the same. However, instead of going out, I turned to him, confused at what he had said, most specially with his last sentence.

“What do you mean Oppa?”

“You’ll know, soon. He’ll tell you personally, I promise. And as much as I want to spill it to you already so that you could stop worrying about it, I respect that guy’s decision. So let’s just wait okay? For the meantime, don’t worry about it too much. That’s Oh Sehun and will always be Oh Sehun, he’s our best friend right?” he said as he ruffled my hair, giving me a small smile. I frowned at him as my hair’s starting to get messy again before giving off a deep sigh.

“You really love Sehun no? For you to be really this worried.”

“Of course oppa, he is my best friend. I love you both. You guys are my best friends and my big brothers. I’ll be worried to death like this if you will be in this kind of situation too.”

“Yeah right. Anyway, stop over thinking. For now, why don’t you go to your class. You don’t want to be late ne?” he said. I quickly looked at my wrist watch and saw it’s already 7:20am. Gosh, I don’t want to be late for my 1st day. So I quickly got my bag and hopped off his car.

“I’ll see you guys later then!” I told him as I bid good bye and went inside our college to officially start my 1st day.

**

“Hey, we just had a break and something is already changing. What happened? You didn’t tell me this when we went out the other day.” Minhee said as she tried to pinch me at my side.

I quickly dodge her attack and hold her hand since I know she would try to pinch me again. She was eyeing me then her eyes went back to our table in the far end of the cafeteria then back at me, demanding answers. It was lunch time already for some of the colleges and we are currently in line to get our food.

“I-I really don’t know too okay. He texted awhile ago if we are on lunch already. I told him yes and he asked if he can come with us since he had no one to eat with.” I told her honestly as we started to move slowly in line. Gosh, waiting makes me hungrier. The sandwich I brought was left uneaten since I came to our first period just in time before our professor came in.

“Really?” Minhee asked suspiciously, dragging the last syllable of the word. I nodded my head in response.

It is the truth though. Right after our English class, I received a text message from Kyungsoo-oppa. He was asking if it was already my lunch break and if he could come with us since there’s no one to eat with him. Since we are already on a lunch break, I quickly reply yes to him and informed him that he can come over since I only have Minhee with me. And that’s how Kyungsoo-oppa ended up sitting at our table with my and Minhee’s bag, waiting for us to return from ordering food.

“I’m pretty sure there’s something going on between you and Sehun-sshi last semester. But you and Kyungsoo-sshi, what happened?” she said as she continued to eye me suspiciously. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter