Soft Hours

Don't Fall for Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was rubbing my left eye as I stepped down our stairs. It felt so nice to finally have a complete sleep these days. Ah, this is what vacation feels like. No more waking up early in the morning to prepare for your classes. I was yawning and stretching as I walked towards our kitchen, stopping to see my little brother playing in living room with Oh Sehun, again.

“Morning Noona! Mom’s ouuut, at market. But look! Hunnie hyung’s here to play with Sejoon.” Sejoon said excitedly as he ran towards me with wide smile. I love seeing my brother being cheery like this in the morning. It’s one of the things that I miss a lot when I’m away with them. So I opened my arms for a hug widely and scooped him up when he reached me.

“Good morning baby!” I greeted him and kissed his cheeks. He giggled when I did that and gave me kisses as well.

“Morning sleepy head.” Sehun said when he reached my side. I immediately frowned at him with that but he just ruffled my hair.

“You’re here again.” I pointed out as I put Sejoon down to the floor since he wanted to go back and play with his toys. Mom must have let Sehun come in before she went to the market. And since Sejoon’s left with my best friend, she didn’t bother to wake me up.

We actually hired a babysitter for Sejoon to look after him whenever my parents are at work. But since its my vacation anyway, I told them that I would look over my baby brother and let the babysitter have a vacation as well. Besides the fact that I love taking care of my brother, it also helps us save a little bit more money.

“Hunnie-hyuung, play!” Sejoon called Sehun out when he saw Sehun followed me inside the kitchen instead of going back to the living room with him. Sehun poked his head out of our kitchen door and shouted back to Sejoon like it was the most normal thing to do.

“I’ll be there in a while okay? I’ll go get us some snacks and bring your sister to play with us too.” He said which my brother answered excitedly with an okay.

Instead of getting myself a glass of water from our fridge, I turned to Sehun and stared at him. He stared back at me with his brow perked upwards and his arms crossed at his chest. We had this staring contest for a few seconds with no one’s talking. I shook my head and sighed before I looked away, breaking our contact and making my way now to our fridge.

“What?”

“You’re here again Sehun-ah.” I repeated as I looked inside to see what I can eat. Hmm, maybe I can just make some sandwich for myself and for Sehun and Sejoon’s snack. So I grabbed the ingredients that were available that I saw and closed the door.

“Well, I’m standing here in your kitchen. Thank you for stating the obvious, princess.” He said and I could hear the teasing tone in his voice. I looked back at him and frowned once again because he’s being annoying and I’m not liking it.

“Why are you here, yet again genius?” I said as I looked at the ingredients that I’ve took out of our fridge and started assembling the sandwiches – putting the pre-cooked ham, mayonnaise, cheese and some lettuce on top of each other before putting it in between the breads. “How many for you? Two sandwiches?” I turned to our electric toaster and turned it on to preheat it. I’ll put the finished sandwiches there later to toast them a bit.

“Yes please. And what do you mean why?” he asked as he started to maneuver inside our kitchen as well, starting with boiling water in our electric kettle to preparing one mug and two glasses that he got from our dish rack.

"Coffee or tea kind of day?” he added after a short while.

“Coffee please.”

So while he wait for the water to boil, he also opened one of our cupboard and picked up a pack of drip coffee. Once he opened it, he placed it on the top of the mug and get the box of juice inside the fridge to pour over the two glasses he prepared.

“You’ve been here every day for 2 weeks already Sehun-ah. This was at least a few hours drive from where you and Jongin-oppa live. And it’s like what? 10 in the morning.” I said, stating the obvious as I continued to make sandwiches, placing them on the oven rack, ready to get inside the oven. I saw him pressed his lips together firmly before he went over to the kettle since the water already boiled.

“So what? It’s just a couple of hours away like you said and its not like I’m commuting anyway. What’s the point of learning to drive if I can’t use it go here to be there for you. I’ll be this annoying best friend for you just to see you fine.” He said quietly. My mouth parted slightly and I turned to his direction when I heard what he had said. I was expecting him to look back at me but his attention was on the cup of coffee he’s making.

He was slowly pouring the water over the drip bag in circular manner, letting it brew for a while using the he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter